I double-checked the current build of the config and the non-ASDGJM config doesn't require Joint Muzzles:

requiredaddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F","asdg_jointrails","CBA_MAIN"};

I checked the other ones and they look straight to me.

I double-checked the current build of the config and the non-ASDGJM config doesn't require Joint Muzzles:

requiredaddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F","asdg_jointrails","CBA_MAIN"};

I checked the other ones and they look straight to me.

In fact,i don't know what those non-ASDGJM config files for in your mod,What reason you added them to your files at first?

In fact,i don't know what those non-ASDGJM config files for in your mod,What reason you added them to your files at first?

I and my friens for example are using non ASDG JM config and it works great (we don t like joint muzzles mod because it messes up muzzles slots on our other mods).

@Malcom86 check your mod folder and mod loading order and make sure that You re using only one config file in mod folder, delete anything else including joint muzzles mod if You have it present.

Great work as always Eric;)

BTW have You ever thought abaut making weapons that Arma is short on I mean SMGs like UMP or P90, of course if You could get your hands on some 3d models first that is?

Edited by Bolo861

@Malcom86 check your mod folder and mod loading order and make sure that You re using only one config file in mod folder, delete anything else including joint muzzles mod if You have it present.

Resolved, thanks.

BTW have You ever thought abaut making weapons that Arma is short on I mean SMGs like UMP or P90

Good idea, especially the P90. Also if we should need some better maps for CQB...

Resolved, thanks.

Good idea, especially the P90. Also if we should need some better maps for CQB...

Shit I play Altis Insurgency, that's more than enough CQB :D

I and my friens for example are using non ASDG JM config and it works great (we don t like joint muzzles mod because it messes up muzzles slots on our other mods).

Great work as always Eric;)

BTW have You ever thought abaut making weapons that Arma is short on I mean SMGs like UMP or P90, of course if You could get your hands on some 3d models first that is?

I'll think on it as I'd like do a P90 (even found a stock anim that works with it) but given Spartan0536's schedule I'm not sure how long it'll be waiting for it. Sure I can bullshit it a bit but on the fence on that one but easily doable.

Shit I play Altis Insurgency, that's more than enough CQB :D

I'll think on it as I'd like do a P90 (even found a stock anim that works with it) but given Spartan0536's schedule I'm not sure how long it'll be waiting for it. Sure I can bullshit it a bit but on the fence on that one but easily doable.

Will,that just remind me,P90 is one outstanding weapon,and maybe you can consider KAC PDW using 6.8mm if i'm not wrong.And Magpul PDR also?I think Magpul PDR was in BF3 and BF4 named as PDW-R.Just a suggestion.

The wiki of Magpul PDR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpul_PDR

News on what? Ahhh this mod... well I've been going through some personal changes so right now getting myself motivated for a DCS Skin and kinda taking it easy. Again remember I'll post news as it comes but for now putting A3 (somewhat, been playing the hell out of Insurgency as of late) on the mod backburner until I knock out that DCS skin.

Ohh, dont you have plan for vehicle yet?

I think u really good on Weapons.

Lol yeah I haven't thought about the drone thingamajig yet so I'll get to it when I do.

Lol yeah I haven't thought about the drone thingamajig yet so I'll get to it when I do.

You always make us surprise,and I don't think that's good for our heart,lol!

Waiting for your next surprise here!:yay:

Well, here's something to look forward to:

- I have to get the config (one is needed for my bullets) to Ruthberg so he can update the values for his mod.

- Update the new ammo values thankfully by Spartan0536. I've had to learn patience on a few fronts and that was one of them.

- P90... I can probably find a good decent model (I'm a cheap bastard everywhere else) and see how that pans out, but not a promise.

- I found some errors and condensed some textures on the SCAR-P, as it had too many textures for my taste and found a rogue geometry on the right hand rail system, which has been deleted.

- Been doing some custom work for gobi42 and can do a customized SCAR-P with the integral suppressor, which after some config editing and testing, can be done with the new sound system that BIS implemented.

But most of this will be in a few days. I've had real good success with the skin as it's not taking as long as I though it would but overall I got a lot of personal life things in a way. And its a good change for once as while I don't mind gaming, I still have other issues coming to head and have to deal with that as well.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Okay first I looked at the M24 as far as adjustment and I have the M80A1 and the M316 already configged for that weapon. After doing some more skin work I'll ask my live AI testers how it affects them and so on. Then I'll keep the 240 as the M80A1 and keep it at that. The SCAR-Hs will get some love too don't worry. BUT the rounds do look promising, just have to do some shootin to see how it goes.

Just got back from some Insurgency testing. The M316 round for the 24-inch setting is very good, I liked it a lot and did some good head/neck shots against my AAF test personnel and dropped them quick, though body shots do take a couple more rounds due to the fact their armor is pretty good. The Lapua Subsonic blows monkey nuts as far as any damage as I shot one guy five or six times and the fucker still ran around looking for me. CSAT personnel you should get better results but overall against armored opponents aim for the head with this round. Which sucked for my test as they moved around too much and I didn't have my TMR weapon resting PBO enabled and would have gotten less shots. The M80A1? It's alright and does the job, so it didn't really excite me that much, but overall the honey for the 7.62 batch is the M316 round. Also this is for the M24 Desert with a suppressor (all rounds). Overall I managed to pick off quite a few without being shot at (a couple ran up on me however but somehow they died) and recommend it for regular or suppressed operations.

Edited by EricJ

mk316 is a beast. I loved it. Only real complaint was a 20" barrel had a hard time keeping it supersonic past 800yds, leaving the wind to rape it. Its a very nice medium outside 556 range though ;)

All this long range talk makes me want to play with the ssr with the m3lr on it again. But something has made cqc a blast. ;-) been using the m68 CCO a lot, all the hexagon's in the optic are for reducing muzzle flash correct? They took some getting use to now that am use to it, I love it. I also noticed that it's zero is 300m, why is that? (not that it's a bad thing, just curious)

Because US Army standard is you zero it only for 300m (and can't set it for another range as it's fixed) and the hexagon is a killflash attachment you screw on the front of the CCO (basically so the sun, bright lights don't highlight your position). Despite what I think most gamers think, scopes are zeroed for a certain range, and then the range adjustments go off of that initial zero. The ACOG again is set for US Army standard (300m) with the Bullet Drop Compensator extending downwards to account for that zero.

And Warlord554, never had the opportunity to use an M24, strictly M4/M16/M203/M249.

Okay starting work on the SCAR-H magazines. There will be classname changes for those of use who use either Arsenal or VAS. Sorry but given research and the values done by Spartan0536 will require me to tune them for the appropriate weapons. Needless to say the Readme will be updated with the new classnames a well.

And second, the RH config is going to go. Given that RH was waiting on those values and he'll update then I need to remove it and stick with my values and so on. If you think (and may be a common sense solution) it'll be better as some clans use my weapons and his for ammo commonality that's fine, but overall I think with him updating the config values the magazines will become fairly redundant (same values more or less), but in all honesty It's just less work and worry on me which is the main point. I have enough issues as it is and the less work I have to the better for me.

Some SCAR-H testing. The M80A1 for both the 13-inch and 16-inch are good. Not as powerful as expected but headshots and one-shot one-kills are not to be expected but overall when it hits it hits the target hard against AAF and CSAT, which surprisingly don't go down with one shot with either round, only the firer has to adjust for the bullet trajectory (I used my ACOG 3x35 sight as well as the ARCO for these tests). The 316 is of course the honey round and while the Lapua round is included... it still suffers from performance issues as far as knockdown power, though again going with the AAF targets its only harder. I got into a del with a CSAT grenadier placed on the ground via Zeus and overall it may be me snap shooting that made it took what seemed like forever but in the end I got the fucker with the bullets. M316 round performance suppressed or not is still good so far with these barrel lengths. It should be noted that the Mk20 and Mk17 Long Barrel have the same ammunition so those can obviously swap between weapons and have to test those as well on targets later on. But overall the consensus is that the M80A1 isn't shit, but is more equivalent in my mind to the Mk318 SOST fired from the IAR rather than anything to get excited over compared to my original rounds, which were Wiki'd slightly, so you're basically not going to get the two shots, one kill ratio that you were used to with my ammo stats.

Because US Army standard is you zero it only for 300m (and can't set it for another range as it's fixed) and the hexagon is a killflash attachment you screw on the front of the CCO (basically so the sun, bright lights don't highlight your position). Despite what I think most gamers think, scopes are zeroed for a certain range, and then the range adjustments go off of that initial zero. The ACOG again is set for US Army standard (300m) with the Bullet Drop Compensator extending downwards to account for that zero.

And Warlord554, never had the opportunity to use an M24, strictly M4/M16/M203/M249.

Good info to know. Liking what I'm hearing about the SCAR Have ammo :-)

It's working out pretty good though I may customize the M316 down to a 13-inch barrel though...

Finished testing for the Mk20 SSR/Mk17 Long Barrel, and M80A1 performance is just like the 16-inch barreled version, the four inches do help but overall again its about shot placement. I've noticed that the AI (I may have missed that in the last SITREP for 1.36) doesn't notice you as fast with grass enabled (as in an MP session, or how I do it, LAN) compared to turning it off, while even suppressed they zero on your position easier. So I've been leaving the grass enabled and getting some good suppressed kills (if they wouldn't move so much looking for me!) and if I go loud they're all over me. So either the M80A1 or M316 are good solid rounds, though I did plug an AAF soldier right in the face and knocked his ass backwards into the wall with an M316 shot. Overall sometimes you won't get a definite kill with the M316 so if it takes a few rounds sometimes it's just shot placement, not anything to do with the round, but head/neck shots are guaranteed drops that's for sure. Methinks shortening the barrel for the M316 (probably designed for long barreled weapons... any help?)

Wow...haven't check this thread for 2 days and you update too many information!I need to read them right now and find our what you gonna surprise us next!:)

Well Spartan0536 getting the 7.62 ammo setup has spurred it so thank him more than me. But I think I can do a 13-inch version of the M316 and it actually work satisfactorily, I think.

Well Spartan0536 getting the 7.62 ammo setup has spurred it so thank him more than me. But I think I can do a 13-inch version of the M316 and it actually work satisfactorily, I think.

I can't remember how long but since once your update of the RH config make the M27's model disappear in game,everytime you make a update I will delete the RH config myself.Is it now all good to use RH config with M27s again?And what's the specific function of the RH config in your mod?

---------- Post added at 02:46 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

Just Find that in Toadie's new AUG pack he made a barrel swap function,I think you may interest in this so I just tell you about this here if you don't mind.Maybe can use this on your SCARs?Just a suggestion,is all your call

I'll see about it. The key is that I think it still uses the same ammo (not familiar with it) but realistically I may... or really may lean to not doing it. The purpose of the RH Config is for those who like the performance (I personally don't) of RH's Mk262 magazines, which are very popular, even though Spartan0536 has better tuned values for that round for an M4, as RH's was 8.5 points per bullet, where Spartan's is 10.798901 points for the 14.5-inch barrel. But people love it and I know I sorted that issue out a few RC's ago anyway. He also uses BIS rounds as default so while in a logistical sense it does make perfect sense (no need to spend time making specific mags) but overall performance isn't something the community appreciates as it's not just me who gives the ammo a thumbs down which to be fair as the values aren't his fault, he was just making it easy on us players. Great models and work (would be nice if he took the time to allow the mag to disappear, makes things easier when you know a player has an empty weapon, drives me nuts when you're not sure...) I've started to use Spartan's ammo back early last year and can't get enough of it. But RH may redo his ammo and I just include the capability to use BIS ammo as for missions like Insurgency with the AAF you can battlefield resupply off of them.

Edited by EricJ

I'll see about it. The key is that I think it still uses the same ammo (not familiar with it) but realistically I may... or really may lean to not doing it. The purpose of the RH Config is for those who like the performance (I personally don't) of RH's Mk262 magazines, which are very popular, even though Spartan0536 has better tuned values for that round for an M4, as RH's was 8.5 points per bullet, where Spartan's is 10.798901 points for the 14.5-inch barrel. But people love it and I know I sorted that issue out a few RC's ago anyway. He also uses BIS rounds as default so while in a logistical sense it does make perfect sense (no need to spend time making specific mags) but overall performance isn't something the community appreciates as it's not just me who gives the ammo a thumbs down which to be fair as the values aren't his fault, he was just making it easy on us players. Great models and work (would be nice if he took the time to allow the mag to disappear, makes things easier when you know a player has an empty weapon, drives me nuts when you're not sure...) I've started to use Spartan's ammo back early last year and can't get enough of it. But RH may redo his ammo and I just include the capability to use BIS ammo as for missions like Insurgency with the AAF you can battlefield resupply off of them.

Got it!All my members in my Coop unit love your weapons ,carry on this good mod and we all support youï¼:)