No dude I didn't, I don't verify anything of what I do, I just cobble shit together and hope it works.

Seriously I'll see about the recoil. But keep it to short bursts for now.

Hey Eric I just downloaded the weapon pack-I didnt even notice it had just been updated,just a weird coincidence since I stopped using it a little while ago. 

My problem is though-When suppressed in 3rd person the weapons have no sound. Unsuppressed they are fine and in first person there are no issues. Just suppressed in 3rd person. Any ideas? Thanks mate.

Sorry-not for the Thompson pack, I mean for the general weapon pack.

It may have been the sound rolloff that was causing it, I upped it to 50m and should fix it. I haven't shot suppressed in third person (I try not to anyway) so I'll check it out and hopefully the new values fixed that issue.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtR1NwcGF4eExhRFE/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thompson Mini-Pack RC3

RC3
- Adjusted recoil
- Fixed mapping issues

Thanks a lot Eric. Wait-is that link above this for a fix? Have you updated the sound already??

Nope, the sound error is an issue, but the world will keep turning for a few days or so, the above is for the Thompson's.

Nope, the sound error is an issue, but the world will keep turning for a few days or so, the above is for the Thompson's.

Hehehe-no it's no problem. I just wasn't sure what the link was. Anyway I really like the Afghan clothes-good job! Thanks mate and keep it up :)

Lol the clothes are from the A2 Sample Models so that was all BIS's work ;)

Oh really? They look better than the other versions I've seen. Oh the other thing I wanted to mention-i really like the effect you have for your NV Monocular. Its very cool!

No shit? If my mind serves me it's the A2 RVMATs too... and the NVG effect is the "best" I can do given that realistically Arma 3 is actually a full screen effect and had to tweak a version that Warlord54 sent for the NVGs anyway (PVS-15s which I may include but need resizing) and I just messed around. I had a pair in Afghanistan and only did a few night missions so it's again the best I can do. If there wasn't the filter then it'd obviously be more realistic but it is what is.

• Like 1

Thanks as well!

Hey kecharles28 could we get that Taliban Fighters RC9 up on PWS as well? :P

Stop

Who are you?

Answer is: Not The Mod Author

So you don't make these kinds of decisions, and where you got that idea I will never know. And while its a good idea they've been aware of this mod, and if they haven't uploaded it means that they don't feel its worth it given my guidelines on how the mod is designed. It's also a reason I don't put it on Steam given player mentality.

So when you do the work you can decide where it's distributed, and you aren't in the position to effect that decision.

Didn't mean to intrude, sorry if I did.

I just thought it was an oversight since they got RC8 on PWS. Again, didn't mean to overstep my boundaries as a player.

Nah right now if PWS doesn't want to upload it due to how its designed then that's their perogative and frankly I'm not too worried about it.

But yeah man, I appreciate the enthusiasm and the support but overall yeah, it's my work, my responsibility and not yours.

When i use the the weapons pack addon I'm unable to load SP save games and arma 3 crashes. The only 2 addons i have enabled are the weapons pack addon and CBA any idea what the problem could be.

Well I ran RC67 and ran [sP] Lone Survivor by Helios vanilla, saved, and resumed game fine. Re-enabled CBA A3 and RC68, no CTDs. It may be a mission issue and not so much a gun stuff issue and no significant issues.

EDIT: I ran it with RC67

And I figured I can finally get around to it:

wip1324.jpg

wip1325.jpg

... and the NVG effect is the "best" I can do given that realistically Arma 3 is actually a full screen effect and had to tweak a version that Warlord54 sent for the NVGs anyway (PVS-15s which I may include but need resizing) and I just messed around. I had a pair in Afghanistan and only did a few night missions so it's again the best I can do. If there wasn't the filter then it'd obviously be more realistic but it is what is.

I was wondering if you would release your NVG Monocular as a stand alone? I really like it! the effect is awesome and maybe it could be added to other models including vanilla NVG's? If not your models is one of the best,but it would make a cool stand alone.

The models I got from Warlord554, so I'll see what's up with that as far as a stand alone mod anyway. But I'll think on that one.

The models I got from Warlord554, so I'll see what's up with that as far as a stand alone mod anyway. But I'll think on that one.

Thats cool.it's the effect you created that is the main thing I like anyway.It works much better than the standard black borders usually used with NVG effects.

The thing is that the effect on default NVGs is correct, i.e. you're really supposed to wear the set with the eye covers on (so you lose peripheral vision as well it not radiating a "Green eye" effect) but in Iraq I didn't too much. So it's fairly realistic given game engine limits, and so I don't implement it on default sets. The PVS-14 I can get away with since it's not smack dab on your eye (your other eye obviously sees in normal ambient light. Warlord554 sent me a set of PVS-15s so maybe down the road I'll add those.

The thing is that the effect on default NVGs is correct, i.e. you're really supposed to wear the set with the eye covers on (so you lose peripheral vision as well it not radiating a "Green eye" effect) but in Iraq I didn't too much. So it's fairly realistic given game engine limits, and so I don't implement it on default sets. The PVS-14 I can get away with since it's not smack dab on your eye (your other eye obviously sees in normal ambient light. Warlord554 sent me a set of PVS-15s so maybe down the road I'll add those.

Ah-I understand.I've never worn or used an NV device (coming from a country with a military of only 10,000 members and with incredibly strict firearm/weapons laws...) Anyway,keep up the good work Eric :)  Have you had a look at that sound issue I mentioned?

Yeah, seems it works fine, so it should be fixed for the next version.