Well, I'm quite sure that my mod isn't causing it. Again it's only one person bringing up the issue got it, but it's not breaking my game nor other people's, so when it starts to break my install then I'll unfuck it. Until then there's not much I can do about it.

And speaking of game... Looks like next week I'll get to the helos, I'm taking a "DCS Skin Break" as well as modding break anyway, so hopefully I"ll be done with that and back at this stuff.

Well next week could you add you helicopters into cfg patches so you can see them in zeus.

Maybe, as it's had Zeus functionality for quite a while.

EJ,

Found some small script errors when running the v6.67 weapons pack:

11:57:15 Error in expression <autorest_fnc_attachRefPoints = {
detach tmr_autorest_refPoint1;
detach tmr_autor>
11:57:15   Error position: <tmr_autorest_refPoint1;
detach tmr_autor>
11:57:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: tmr_autorest_refpoint1
11:57:15 File U100\autorest\init.sqf, line 251
4:03:15 Error in expression <sted", false])) then {

_centerCheck = lineIntersectsWith [getposASL tmr_autore>
14:03:15   Error position: <lineIntersectsWith [getposASL tmr_autore>
14:03:15   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
14:03:15 File U100\autorest\init.sqf, line 322

Checked it is occuring only with your weapons pack (+ req'd addons) running.  Only noticed the script errors when I launched with the -showScriptErrors flag set.

Taosenai (I think I spelled it right) hasn't updated it. Seeing as how it's generally working without the script I may pull it anyway, given the resting features that the game now has and the fact that he's very busy so updates is... going to be sometime. So other than that not much I can do about it given that I'm not a scripter either.

In any case, removing TMR has finally allowed the "fired" script that Revo last year work for the AT4 CS, which for those who fired the real thing (unlike me, closest was the 9mm trainer) will experience some fatigue, and it's my understanding that an average person can fire up to six in a 24 hour period. I'm not sure about the Guided version but would be a good balance given it's abilities. And this effect in-game is cumulative so when I get to uploading a new version of the guns pack, it'll work.

Awesome, looking forward to that!  

Side note, as someone who's fired quite a few AT4s, you don't want to fire any after the second. You can really feel the over-pressure in your chest.

Cool as supposedly it increments (the more you fire, the more it hurts). Given I'm not a scripter the script is what it is and I'll get a video up soon to show it.

And here' the script that I was talking about, given it now works that I removed TMR:

By the way, I downloaded the new JSRS Lite and no sound issue, so if you're having issues it's your problem, and no problem with my mod.

First off, thanks a million for all the fantastic work, my group loves your weapons and it's nice having some thumping power with some 7.62 rifles.

But I'm currently downloading JSRS and it reminded me, the silencers on your weapons bring down the weapon volume to incredibly low levels, where you can't hear them at all from ~5m away.

The sound from first person sounds fantastic and realistic, but from third person or a bystander it sound a bit like a Bond movie suppressed weapon.

Just my two cents.

Taumargin did the original sound from a real suppressor, all of his sounds were recorded and massaged by him so if it sounds like a "Bond" suppressor then it's just SureFires, which he recorded.

As for sound distance I honestly never have operationally used or heard a suppressed weapon in any capacity, but I also feel that if you're hearing a suppressed weapon far away, then it's not really "suppressed". I can ask around but overall that's what I wanted, as that was my logic anyway.

As for sound distance I honestly never have operationally used or heard a suppressed weapon in any capacity, but I also feel that if you're hearing a suppressed weapon far away, then it's not really "suppressed". I can ask around but overall that's what I wanted, as that was my logic anyway.

FWIW, shooting 5.56 through a suppressor is not a quiet experience.  It's greatly reduced from non-suppressed, but the sonic crack is still very loud, and even louder if you're shooting in an enclosed range environment (with an overhead and/or berms going down the range).  In an open field, the snap is still loud, even at 5m, but the crack of the rifle is greatly (!) reduced. 

Basically, if you stand some distance BEHIND a suppressed 5.56 gun, you'll hear the reverb of the snap and some action noise, but it's fairly quiet (compared to an unsuppressed rifle).  If you're down-range of a suppressed rifle (and I don't mean getting shot at, just forward of the muzzle some distance), then the sound is much louder due to the snap of the bullet, but since you're farther from the rifle, the action noise isn't as noticeable. 

How that equates to in-game?  Obviously that's the trick.  Just figured I'd offer my $.02 to you Eric.  You've probably over paid.

Lol I don't get one red cent for all this work so yeah I am "a bit."  But seriously it is appreciated as my Rock River M4 doesn't have a suppressor, and being in Baltimore I don't have the ability to just take it out and shoot it, etc.

Drifting slowly back into Arma 3, and came up with a wip "Desert" texture, which you'll see below works well both n a woodland setting and also the small "desert" area of Altis. Overall I do like it and managed to set the Magpul sights as another hiddenselection as the texture is still very much WIP:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1282.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1283.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1284.jpg

And found some better MP5 sights to mount on the HK417s, 416s, HK418, and the 615s (shown here), as well as adding some Magpul gear to the 615 magazines:

wip1285.jpg

wip1286.jpg

wip1287.jpg

But if you can give me a rough distance gatordev I can tweak the sound rolloff a bit more to reflect real world effects.I'd appreciate it, in meters.

Darkening the ACOG Tan (was too bright for my tastes):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1288.jpg

And as promised, working on the Armed Knighhawk. Again it will only have TWO people in the back, starting basic configuration so far:

wip1289.jpg

wip1290.jpg

RC65 and thanks, though Warlord554 gave them to me.

But if you can give me a rough distance gatordev I can tweak the sound rolloff a bit more to reflect real world effects.I'd appreciate it, in meters.

So here's what I've observed on a square range over the course of various experiences.  I'm not trying to equate this to an actual battlefield, as I've been fortunate not to have to be in that environment.  Also, this is just 5.56 from various SBR rifles (10.3-14.5) with SF cans.

-From about 100m downrange, and 50m away from the bullet path:  you'll hear...something...it's hard to describe, but some sort of quiet noise consisting of the round going off and the action moving.  However, what is almost immediately on top of hat noise is the snap.  Again, from that 50m bullet path point, after about 2 or 3 rounds, I put my ear pro back on.  It just wasn't comfortable and my hearing wasn't worth losing.

-From 200-300m downrange (and this is for 7.62, as well), when pretty much downrange, it's more a "pfffft.SNAP" sound.  Again, the snap overpowers the sound from the gun, but you know it's out there, you just can't tell where.

-From closer (5m?), but forward of the muzzle, it's more of a noticeable, but not booming, pop from the explosion, but it's quickly overpowered by the snap, which is obviously loud.

-From 5m, but just behind the muzzle, it's mostly that pop (but not booming), and then the reverb off the trees of the snap. 

I'm not sure any of that really helped.  As you know, showing a YT video isn't the best way either since the mic and the audio both compress the sounds.  Sorry, I tried.

Okay since the game models the sound, and not the snap I'll see what I can tweak then, always much appreciated.

Other news, I finally fixed myself and got the muzzle flashes for the pistols working for once (simple work really), so I'm also making a .45 ACP flash suppressor for those who use them (I don't, i like muzzleflashes) on their weapons.

And basic work for the flash suppressor. It needs to be a bit larger but overall the basic look of it:

wip1292.jpg

And a standard M27 with another "Desert" camo, again works well on Altis so far and the "Desert" area as well, so I like it (though the stock I may tweak) so far at least.

]http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1293.jpg

As for the Knighthawk I have the weapons and config setup, just need to confirm that things work and more work will commence on that.

As for the suppressors, I changed the rolloff to 50m so that should be a fair estimation for most of the smaller caliber ones, I have to readjust the Barrett (will be a bit farther away given it's size).

And WIP of the Armed Knighthawk:

wip1294.jpg

Some Mk12 SPR tweaking, moved the suppressor proxy forward a bit, and adjusted the old cans as well:

wip1296.jpg

wip1297.jpg

And improving the M27 irons:

wip1298.jpg