RC60

- Initiative AI tweak

What does this mean?What does it do?Thanks Eric (Never mind-I read earlier post)Nice work!

Oh sorry, GeneralKong brought up only a couple of the units actually "worked" in-game, me thinks he drops them via Zeus and does whatever and so far they're not shooting at him. With the EOS scripts for the relevant Insurgency map they fight good but as said he noticed that performance in other ways, and I just gave them better perception so hopefully that'll help.

Hey,

Great work so far!

Regarding the blackhawk pack, it seems like the instruments have a weird reflection glitch that isn't supposed to happen, not sure if you're aware of this. (I was on the Virtual Reality map if that makes any difference).

Also the UH-60M PMC has two M134 miniguns but when you go enter the gunner position, it shows top right corner as a M240 with 0 ammo, both guns, also this one does now show up on ZEUS.

By the way, would it be possible to give people on the FFV positions an option to go in back? When you're in the blackhawk and on the sides getting shot at, not being able to take cover inside the helicopter would be uncomfortable ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm not sure how that happened but it did start when I finally got the compasses working as far as that's concerned. As for the minis... my screwup and a quick fix. As far as being able to "hop inside" that's game logic, and probably something I can't control.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm not sure how that happened but it did start when I finally got the compasses working as far as that's concerned. As for the minis... my screwup and a quick fix. As far as being able to "hop inside" that's game logic, and probably something I can't control.

Hmm I wonder if it would be possible to utilize or trick the system into doing the turn out/turn in action that is usually found in tanks as a solution...

I was thinking it'd be possible using gunnerCompartments but the more I read up on it the more I think it's limited to switching from and to gunner positions only.

edit: It seems as if there's also a cargoCompartments and even driverCompartments value but I can't find proper documentation on it...found it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186644-Adding-firing-from-vehicles-feature-to-existing-addons

as well as here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma:_cfgvehicles_Config

Oh well..

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

I love the DAP man. I love it, coolest Blackhawk yet! Will there possibly be additions to AFM and other fancy equipment you think?

Love it, thanks for the mods you make, we in GOL have used quite a lot of 'em so far! :)

I was thinking it'd be possible using gunnerCompartments but the more I read up on it the more I think it's limited to switching from and to gunner positions only.

edit: It seems as if there's also a cargoCompartments and even driverCompartments value but I can't find proper documentation on it...found it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186644-Adding-firing-from-vehicles-feature-to-existing-addons

as well as here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma:_cfgvehicles_Config

Oh well..

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yeah if I have to modify game code then... no.

I love the DAP man. I love it, coolest Blackhawk yet! Will there possibly be additions to AFM and other fancy equipment you think?

Love it, thanks for the mods you make, we in GOL have used quite a lot of 'em so far! :)

It should already be supported by AFM (I think it works as I followed the example from the Samples_F heli so... maybe you just need to switch it?) Or is it simply not working with AFM?

Okay after some drama for the past few days I've been working on a Strike Fighters 2 project which should be done today at the least or tomorrow, then I'll mosy back into Arma 3 and back to this stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Also... the "No entry config.bin CoPilotTurret" business....

I'm not sure what is causing it, as methinks it's a mod conflict of some sorts (which I'd be lying if I knew) but you people have to understand that I run the game sometimes with other mods, and then vanilla (or at least with my gun mod) and don't experience this error. I apologize for any misunderstanding but if people can see what mod it is... well the thing is that I don't need to change anything of my mod because it's all vanilla coding (CopilotTurret) so until then you'll experience that issue as some other mod may be changing the classnames around and therefore causing that issue...

Yeah if I have to modify game code then... no.

Game code? wut? I'm on about config values lol. But it's all fine ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Well the thing is that the game "senses" actions by memory points, which you don't see in-game. So for the MH-60M you only have so many options, get in FFV spot X, or Ride in back. But once you're in that spot you're in that spot you see? So while it would be incredibly useful (and make sense) to "jump in" it's not possible do to how the game engine works man... so you're gonna have to pray that you don't get shot.

Hey Eric,

Sometimes there are things I can't let go so I decided to write a config for your MH60M, trying to add in the ability to switch from FFV to Cargo and Cargo to FFV, using the method I more or less explained to you (cargoCompartments is a legit config parameter although not described clearly) and I got it to work.

The only problem right now is that you can't switch from Cargo to FFV when there's any AI in any crew-seat of the helicopter (co-pilot, left gunner, right gunner), which seems oddly familiar to http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21524 (the top part).

I can clean up the config and send it to you so you can see how I did it, it's really easy.

Let me know.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Sure, but my only concern is that when you have a full load of 12 people in the back where do they go then? Probably nowhere so I can add it but keep in mind that if there aren't any available slots, you're screwed, and keep praying...

On the gun front:

wip1066.jpg

Yes thank you, I know a bullpup KRISS is a bit far fetched (due to the mechanism would force the barrel up more, thus negating any benefits) but... I've been playing a bit of Interstellar Marines and like the AR-3 but I also need to invigorate myself on the MCR a bit, so I may upgun it to 6.8, give it a 25-round magazine, caseless and call it a day. The only reason I did this was I like the bullpup look with the KRISS styling.

well, when I checked weapons of EricJ weapon packs, I found all of them have same weight and unnormally light value. is it only my problem or bug?

No, it's not a bug, I didn't spend time and adjust the weights for all the guns.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

And furthermore, checking the mass of the weapons in Object Builder for the most part (for a few so far) looks correct, if a little more than usual. I mean do you expect them to be massively heavy?

No, it's not a bug, I didn't spend time and adjust the weights for all the guns.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

And furthermore, checking the mass of the weapons in Object Builder for the most part (for a few so far) looks correct, if a little more than usual. I mean do you expect them to be massively heavy?

as you know, ace3 show weight of gears. but no matter I choose weapons differently every time, the weight of my gears almost doesn't change. like when I select m240, I am still like I am playing around with small rifle.

Well the M240 weighs 12.5 kilograms unloaded by the specs on Wikipedia and also the FN site, so... I'm not sure what to "expect" when wielding such a weapon but what BIS set for the weapon was 12.6 kilograms (or around 22, 23 pounds). So... If the 240 weighed twice that then I can see some sort of maneuverability problems. As for inertia... I don't see how it'll move around so much either, and frankly the default generic hold (with both hands) does offer a lot of stability and frankly don't believe in inertia. I mean if you spent some time working out then weapon movement is almost nil. But even my Rock River Arms M4 with an AFG and CompM2 scope, doesn't move around as much just holding it. Granted I live in the city and don't own a suppressor so as you can see, I can't fire off a few shots and test any more theories. So my inertia settings are set low to compensate for that fact. If skinny BIS Devs handle a rifle, then it'll move on them, nothing against them but they haven't carried a weapon on a near constant basis nor operated (or had to) so they're going to assume it "moves around" much. Also bear in mind he MX "Weight" is 7 kilograms, or 30.8647 lbs. Now that's one heavy fucking gun!

Point is that after a few hours carrying 23 pounds in the hot sun will wear you out, and even holding an M4 for a long period of time gets "heavy" (or an empty canteen can too). So no, it won't move too much like a sloth when handled properly. So are you saying that the weapons weigh too little? Too much? In any case I've readjusted the weights anyway as well as spending a few hours tweaking more stuff but overall given I'm rechecking and fixing some weights weapon handling is what it is, i.e. that's what you're gonna get.

well, I was light machine gunner when I serviced in rok army so I do know how it feel. I just thought addons should show the reality whatever BIS do in their weapon. actually we don't give shit what BIS do, don't we? of course, grab the rifle and move around in the field require a lot of energy even with small guns in long term. but at least, we can see the difference in speed of exhausting. ACE3 addon make difference that speed as weight of gears. so no matter what I got m240 or M4 of this weapon pack, I can see no differences in mobility and stamina. as ACE set, all the weapons' weight of this pack is setted as 3~4kg. some weapon should get twice value as they setted already. anyway, I do appreciate your works. I just want to use this addon for really long time. and I always thought this part is little tiny flack for making this addon as 100 perfect. anyway, thank you for hearing my opinion. I do appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

oh and could you delete the weapon deployment ability? ARMA3 mark dlc provide that ability already as you know

Some people actually prefer the TMR Autorest so I keep it for them as personally I use the Marksman DLC since it came out and for the most part is a great DLC. However, those who don't feel like doing so it's still for them. And even then I use the TAB key for weapon deployment in lieu of TMR. So its staying

As for the rest? Yeah most of the weapons were drastically fixed to real world weights so there is a marked difference in overall weapon handling (3-4kg is roughly an M4 with a 30-round magazine) so I'll be putting out an update tomorrow given I noted some issues while playing Insurgency by myself as a test scenario for weapons, so RC61 is yet another maintenance update. Some other projects have turned their head so I'm a bit focused on other things other than tweaking existing weapons.

Yeah it's called don't use Tab, there's no on/off function, besides it helps figure out when you're weapon is resting. I'm sorry one person asking to "turn it off" or remove it doesn't lift my skirt as far as what players prefer and desire.