It is, though when I add "OFP2_Manskeleton" it gets all alien-like. Maybe the anim is borked in some way but that's a known issue for months.

Thanks Sonsalt6!

And a Desert version of the M3A scope mit PVS-22 (yes I used a little German, means "with"):

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip873.jpg (104 kB)

I had to adjust the M3A to fit so while the separated item (yes it will be added as an accessory) will still be lower to reflect the differences in height. Given I don't have any reference photos of the combo I'm going on a limb here, but may adjust the non-PVS-22 version in height. Texture for the PVS-22 courtesy of WarLord554.

I did some tweaks to the AI settings for the current build for the Persian Islamic Front units and some things to realize:

- Kill the Marksman and the CSAT Advisor in at least an Insurgency setting (yes I'm making a cheap map for it, why not?) that if they're around part of that element they'll maneuver on you real good if you don't kill them off quick. Since I don't have ALIVE I'm sure it'll be much more threatening but if you whack those two then the rest flounder around (to represent who's running the show and better skill of a trained marksman) and life is a bit easier in killing them. Even with Mk262 ammo I think it's the use of the BLUFOR uniform which sometimes makes them harder to pick off than full geared up AAF soldiers, so yeah...

- Was talking with Ineptaphid via PM and 2D support is what I make so far, given that some people use TIR and 3D scopes really throw people off. The most I'll do with zoom scopes (ACOGs and the like) is make 2D versions, the M3LRs and the inbuilt scopes on the L115s and M24s are already 2D and won't change from that, with the exception of the "M24 Modular" (Tentative name), which will allow you to mount whatever optic and bipod you feel like.

- And on that note, I did make a 2D version of the stripped down ACOG 3x35, don't know why I didn't think of it...

Sounds great man!And the M24 is looking really nice.Any idea of a rough update time?

I'll be nice and say sometime at the end of the week, client-work is thankfully almost done so I can get more things done and focus back on the public pack.

But I will remind you that it is against forum policies to ask when it will be released, so the blanket answer is: "I'll project a timeframe and try to meet it" so that's about that. I don't like to report to moderator due to past experience as one, as no, I am fully confident in the BI Forums moderator skills, just "I got it.", etc.

Other than the hiccup last night, I managed to get a lot of the guns finally setup right for AI use. I still have a few here and there but now that I had some time to focus on that the majority have the appropriate sounds for the appropriate weapons, so people like gatordev can know which weapon they're being shot at by when the AI is shooting at them.

Here's another tweak of the Green Glock45CL:

wip882.jpg

I went with a "less is more" approach and getting tired of looking at it so... I guess it's okay?

Tweak those materials. Add a bit of noise to the polymer body, reproduce lightly into the normal maps. Brighten the slide edges in your spec map....

:p

Thanks Wansec_6... By the way man, I've started to use the AMS quite a bit myself now man, great scope...

Making me work around here lol :D

Speaking of work:

wip883.jpg

wip884.jpg

wip885.jpg

wip886.jpg

wip887.jpg

Was taking some inventory pics and found a missing vertex, and subsequently I did the above, cutting out the slide some more and fixing some stuff I had noticed while shooting the weapon anyway. Overall texture tweaks will happen but overall the inventory pics are set so there will be a slight difference between the two (a bit but not much).

And last but not least:

wip888.jpg

wip889.jpg

Snatched this off of an A2 SCAR and thought somebody would like it.

Right now I'm locking stuff down for RC56 as I"m going to get stuff finished and settled. Stuff for RC57:

- M110C. I've been working on one for a clan and I like it so much that I'm going to make an adjustment off of theirs an bring it in.

- M4 Short Barrel. Basically a tweak of the ones i have so far.

- M4/Masterkey.

- Black Masada, I haven't forgotten...

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Also a snapshot of the Persian Islamic Front Marksman. The only real reason is this guy had me pinned down pretty good, and after dumb firing two AT4 Guided Missiles and not blowing up a wooden shack (I'm going to make the rocket a bit more lethal, as it should have blown it to bits), I finally used my thermal sight and killed the guy with my IAR:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip891.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Oooh!nice 2d scopes!thanks for that.(and apologies for asking for update timeframe)

No worries man, some people get uppity about it but it is a rule and yeah.... it's a big issue here of course, but yeah I don't own TIR so I use the 3D scopes more (as it's just "cooler" I guess) but I figured it would be a good idea for those who do use it.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Okay since its a slow day I got a request on Steam to do the XACTO round... not going to happen, as when you go to fire the round, or test missile anyway, the hardcoded animation shoulders the non-existent rocket, and when you fire it, doesn't work. Sorry no worky, and with good reason. No I won't waste time configuring a launcher as a gun, no I won't care about it anymore. Next.

Finished watching The Hornet's Nest (good flick by the way) but so far for cheap missions that will be in RC56:

- Insurgency in Altis with the PIF faction, nothing special but does have a resupply drop with VAS only. Right now I need to see if I can't add Arsenal to the listing for those who don't use VAS. You will need to use the Radio Alpha 0-0-1 to call it in, the rest is pretty self explanatory.

- Insurgency in Takistan, same thing but overall nothing fancy.

Both missions will require my mod of course and will also be on the Steam Workshop. As always feel free to edit it to your tastes, etc.

Well after some experimentation I finally got the inbuilt bipods working... sort of right now anyway, so once I get it right I'll make the bipods on the Barretts (M107/M107 Desert/XM109) and will be updated for RC56, RC57 I'll get to the Ultimaxes (sorry) and they'll have folding bipods as well.

Okay given the "fun" I'm having with a simple operation being difficult... Looks like tomorrow I'll get it uploaded or even tonight, but more than likely tomorrow.

After a human sacrifice or two (joking...) I managed to get the bipods to work, which I was just not doing it right.. but it looks pretty good so far, so tomorrow I'll get it out as yeah...

Also... fixed mounted bipods on the IARs or do you just prefer to use your own bipods for those who use them?

Also before I forget.... managed (with some help from Spartan0536 with some files) to tweak the Russian 7.62 x 39mm:

class ej_762rus: B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit=9.02948779432;
	caliber=0.20979021;
	visibleFire=3.3150001;
	audibleFire=6.4000001;
	cost=1.2;
	airLock=1;
	model="\A3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\tracer_green";
	nvgonly=0;
	tracerendtime=5;
	tracerscale=0;
	tracerstarttime=0;
	airFriction=-0.00136715;
	suppressionRadiusHit=0.5;
};

Note that this is tentative and will be in RC56, as I'm not sure how it works versus real world performance (I've gotten shot at it by a few times so didn't have time to really consider if it was comparable or not). Also no, I will not be redoing Spartan0536's values too much other than tweaking is already stellar ammunition as it is.

Also note... the missions supplied will have VAS and ASORGS instead of Arsenal capability, it turns out when the script spawns the ammo box... it'll start Arsenal when it first launches out of the helo.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Next for RC57:

wip893.jpg

This is somewhat different from the one I did as far as the sights go, as they were on the right hand side (which you could still shoot from, just looks different tha's all) and kept the M110 basic barrel as the actual weapons is well... dumb looking if you ask me. And the CTR stock would look nice as I was too lazy to do the other Magpul version. And yes, the sights flip down when a scope or optic is mounted.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Some more work, this time the weapon tricked out a bit:

wip894.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip895.jpg

wip896.jpg

wip897.jpg

And changed out the black to a deserty color and tweaked the barrel a bit:

wip898.jpg

wip899.jpg

that looks like it's going to be fun to use :) also loking forward to the short barrel m4a1 :)

It's pretty cool so far, the M4 won't be anything different unless you want an old style front sight post as it'll be a simple barrel shortening.

It's pretty cool so far, the M4 won't be anything different unless you want an old style front sight post as it'll be a simple barrel shortening.

Simple Barrel shortening would be my preference :-)

Got it done already:

wip902.jpg

As well as the Masterkey version:

wip903.jpg

Also got a request from Steam for a Shark Mouthed Euro 1 Wipeout:

wip900.jpg

wip901.jpg

OK that wipe out looks sick, and so does the m4.

Thanks man, some tweaking of the Desert IAR and M110C:

wip908.jpg

wip909.jpg

wip910.jpg