Well I meant there isn't a 7.62 version of an M27.

I didn't said 7.62 variant of M27, but just HK417 with a drum magazine as a more powerful counterpart to it.

There are a few versions in 7.62, I've seen some floating the interwebs so depending how I feel on the issue I may or may not do it. I'm just kinda tasked out with 16AA right now in getting their L85s improved and whatnot.

Anyway I hope You will add these variants of SCAR-H and HK417 with drum magazines. It would be really great addition. :)

Edited by JK88

Thanks but yeah it's a bit more than slapping a 3D model sometimes, as depending on the model I have to create it so we'll see.

Alright I understand. So yeah, hopefully we'll see.

Yep....

Anyway, here's some work I transferred over from the 16AA work I'm doing. Added (and got permission to use from his source model) Kiory's backup iron sights for the L85A2 RIS:

wip323.jpg

When an optic is put on the front sight disappears and the rear sight simply flips down. There may be other additions but this is what I've transferred over from that project as of now.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Note... if the ASDG Joint Muzzles system works out as it should I should be going with that as far as suppressors as well. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the reply Eric. Guess we'll just have to wait for BI to fix it.

It may be me too, I went over the suppressors and I think I quashed some errors after cleansing the configs for them, so maybe it'll help as it may be my end again because after the "cleansing" I stopped getting some error so yeah. Also trying to get Joint Muzzles to work as well. It should be noted that the .50 BMG suppressor WILL NOT be JM compatible, due to common sense.

... the .50 BMG suppressor WILL NOT be JM compatible, due to common sense.
Its all ways his fault ( Mr. Common Sense)

It's not like you'd detach that .50 muzzle brake and replace it with a suppressor in a second, like the game allows. Unless you model a proprietary QD muzzle brake.

True, though I may do some more research into the subject at a later date, but need to get more work out of the L85s and such. As of right now the suppressors are all JM compatible. I know it's a relatively new mod and you can find it in the ASDG Joint Rails topic to just have the mod available and currently IS a required mod.

Also did an HK416 10 -inch barrel:

wip300.jpg

Again its a modded IAR (since it was an HK416 version anyway). If there's interest I can add it as well.

Lol I thought you already used one... :) I got one with a grenade launcher on it as well (M320) if that works too.

Well that's an old pic (my bad only one I had available at the time), here's one with the current sight setup:

wip327.jpg

When you put an optic on the sights disappear completely, so if you want to look badass like the SEALs in Zero-Dark Thirty well... you can :)

Edited by EricJ

Lol I thought you already used one... :) I got one with a grenade launcher on it as well (M320) if that works too.

Well that's an old pic (my bad only one I had available at the time), here's one with the current sight setup:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip327.jpg

When you put an optic on the sights disappear completely, so if you want to look badass like the SEALs in Zero-Dark Thirty well... you can :)

Mann after my own heart brings a tear to my eyes. Thanks bro

I think the current pack is pretty much good to go, I'll upload it later on.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81yt36rpg9mqbjl/%40U100RC34.7z

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC34

- Modified HK417 magazines based off of some Arma 2 weapons models. It's not perfect but it is what it is.

- Backup iron sights for the L85A2, courtesy of Kiory's source files.

- Added HK416 10-inch barrel

- Added Joint Muzzles compatibility. Go to the end of the ASDG Joint Rails topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167522-ASDG-Joint-Rails to download the mod.

- Optimized all sound suppressors and looks to be a much better working version now, should be no errors or issues when using Ammo crate.

- Miscellaneous code cleanup done.

- Added Mk262 specific magazine for the HK416 with ballistics done by Spartan0536

- Added Mk318 specific magazine for the HK416 with ballistics done by Spartan0536

It should be noted that I can also "streamline" weapons out of my pack for individual clan needs or do some other stuff as well given limitations. Matter of fact I've been doing one for 16AA right now and did one for another clan. All I ask is:

- ONE representative from your clan is preferable to talk with me. I don't mind coming on your TS and have a chat with voice or PM or Steam (ID is EricJ562), but I want something manageable and something that your whole clan needs NOT from individual users in your clan. I've gotten enough people asking me to do this weapon, that weapon, etc. I maintain the right to say no and that's pretty much it but I am usually accommodating and sometimes a bit busy doing other things. So far the people who have approached me have been nice about it and I have on person. Since J-SERE is practically disbanded I've decided to go a bit solo (though I keep tabs with them to a degree) for a bit, though I've been looking at some other clans but it's good to be a bit independent for a bit.

- Keep the list concrete and of course various adjustments will be made for individual tastes and requirements. It should be noted that (as you've probably noticed) clan development helps me pour more into the models in my standard pack (the L85A2 is a prime example, and the IARs in their current configuration.

- I do maintain a good size "library" of some guns from OFP, VBS1, and Arma 2 as well as various parts and so on and donations of models are always welcome. Since BIS has not released sample models for A3 I can only improve my weapons with those in mind. So most of the time if I can use an A2 or so on model, I will. Note I do have some capability in custom model making mainly through Object Builder, so you'll see renders from that more than you'll see from 3DSMax, etc.

- Turnaround is what it is, I'm medically retired so I have a bit of time on my hands, so yeah... more than likely if its a couple weapons it'll take an hour or so. I do maintain a Dropbox link and I kindly request (and I will only give the spokesperson) that you download it and then distribute it as needed. I keep that up for builds, as well as upload of my "public" weapons pack, so I like to keep the bandwidth down as much as possible. So my responsibility is to get it to the spokesperson, and not your clan.

I don't script so don't bug me about vehicles, scripts, etc. I've been tinkering with the idea of vehicles (since VBS1, even started a Doragon from BF2142 but never finished it) for some time, the A2 Stryker si calling out my name so who knows. But for reality's sake ONLY guns please.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Um no, my Arma boots up fine, what error is it giving you when Arma starts up?

Are you running any other mods? Did you download any mods besides mine?

Hey EricJ,

When I load a Loadout with one of your SCARs from the VAS my game crashes. No error message, no message on the server exept "Bones is loosing connection".

When I just add a Scar-L Short via VAS my game crashes too.

Our dedicated Server runs the following *.pbos and their *.bisigns:

- asdg_jointmuzzles.pbo

- asdg_jointrails.pbo

- u100.pbo

- u100_config.pbo

First I tried to run your weaponpack without JointMuzzles since it was optional but on serverstart an errormessage said it was required.

No I specifically mentioned that Joint Muzzles was required... anyway I thought I quashed the Skeleton bones issue with the SCAR-H w/AFG.

Try updating your VAS as I had no issue adding ALL of the SCARs with no crash, as I run v2.6 currently. If its an old mission it may need to be updated. If you're still crashing then I don't know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9169f6qw8i87t9/Test%2520shit.Stratis.7z

Try it with this mission since this is what I used to test your error problem with.

On the Armaholic Front Page it says:

Requirements:

ASDG Joint Rails

Optional:

TMR Modular Realism

JSRS2.1

Joint Muzzles

The mission from your Dropbox didnt work either.

I just tested it with ONLY

- @CBA_A3

- asdg_jointmuzzles.pbo

- asdg_jointrails.pbo

- u100.pbo

- u100_config.pbo

- (and the *.bisigns)

in the mission from your Dropbox in the Editor.

NO TMR Modular Realism or JSRS2.1

If you want I can add you on skype.

What version is your game?

Steam ID is EricJ562, I don't like Skype that much...

I don't update or make the pages on Armaholic, the team there does a wonderful job and occasionally make mistakes. If they misinterpreted the requirements the world will still spin.

But I'll set up my Arma3 the same way and see if I can produce the same result.

I don't update or make the pages on Armaholic, the team there does a wonderful job and occasionally make mistakes. If they misinterpreted the requirements the world will still spin.

They truly do. Just wanted to tell you.

Game version is 1.24.125979

SteamID is Gerippe

Okay I checked the mission.sqm and it's pure vanilla so if you're not opening it then you're having issues beyond my control as it opens on mine with no problem.

No, I meant the issue is still present in the mission from your Dropbox. Your test-mission loads and works fine but my Arma still crashes on loading one of the SCARs.