Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

ArmA 2 C-130J and MV-22 Redux

The Osprey isn't that maneuverable but instead relies on speed to keep safe.

Wasn't the reason the way it was because BI knew this?

No, it was apparently just a case of BIS using generic data. They just inherited the airplane class data and didn't bother to fix it. I now handles almost exactly like it does in these videos.

Is it possible to make the refuelling probe on the V-22 retractable?

It's always kind of bugged me that it's constantly extended for no real reason on the Arma 2 model.

I've not looked at the .p3d yet though so maybe doing so would cause some clipping issues?

Is it possible to make the refuelling probe on the V-22 retractable?

It's always kind of bugged me that it's constantly extended for no real reason on the Arma 2 model.

I've not looked at the .p3d yet though so maybe doing so would cause some clipping issues?

I had a look and yep..it's attached to the main body. Though you could probably just drag the tip back.

No, it was apparently just a case of BIS using generic data. They just inherited the airplane class data and didn't bother to fix it. I now handles almost exactly like it does in these videos.

Oh, from your comment on the issue in the start of the thread it looked more like you were adjusting it for AI at the expense of realism. My bad.

The lighting on that C-130 looks superb! Keep up the good work. :)

any chance of seeing an armed osprey? like door gunners etc?

If I recall correctly, Ospreys don't have door-gunners because they couldn't shoot at anything as the engines are in the way.

The lighting on that C-130 looks superb! Keep up the good work. :)

If I recall correctly, Ospreys don't have door-gunners because they couldn't shoot at anything as the engines are in the way.

The USMC version has a machine gun on the rear door.

The USMC version has a machine gun on the rear door.

I was referring to the port and starboard "door-gunners", not the ramp gunner. MV-22 doesn't have those, I don't think.

i think that by 2035 they would have added an nose gun

I doubt it, they already tried that and it failed because it just isn't a good platform for such a thing. The V-280 is designed with this in mind as being the third generation of the V-22 technology. But it would need a different model, animations and flight characteristics. It's also still in the prototype phase but there is a cool CGI video showing it off with the top of the line military acting!

The video is still pretty epic.

Edited by ProGamer

@Sakura_Chan, I have an idea, since this is "2035" I think that the C-130 atleast would have a GPS instead of that map that is inside in the cockpit, is it possible to use the PiP function to change that into a GPS?? That would be great I think.

@Sakura_Chan, I have an idea, since this is "2035" I think that the C-130 atleast would have a GPS instead of that map that is inside in the cockpit, is it possible to use the PiP function to change that into a GPS?? That would be great I think.

Unless it is a real system aboard the C-130'aircraft, it would have to be an addition version.

But he is using Franze's interactive cockpits in both aircraft from the screenshots.

Here we go finally someone is working on this beast ! that's the only one thing that we need for arma 3 a transport plane to make some parajump mission ! nice mod !

Just a little update, the osprey now has a walkable interior! Turns out it already had one, it just needed a little tweak so you didn't need to crouch to get in, and I added the missing "roadway lod" that was preventing people from walking in there. Funny story, the roadway lod, (which defines the surface of an object that soldiers and vehicles can move on) was already in the model, it was just listed as an 'edit' lod instead of the roadway. It really is a hidden jem, the model is set up and animated very well, there are tons of cool little things that are turned off in the A2 model for some reason. For example, the side crew door now opens and closes when the pilot gets in and out, the cockpit engine angle indicator had an error that stopped it from working, non-functional cargo ramps etc. Another thing I changed is the rotor speed, so now they don't spin as fast.

The pics!

mv2203.jpg

mv2204.jpg

mv2205.jpg

mv2206.jpg

please note that I've done very little to the textures and materials at this point.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

even when you didn't work on it that's so beautifull ! are you gonna work on some script to transport some vehicule (like ATV) ?

awesome! How about some nice (colored?) lights inside the cargo space? :)

I want to run off that ramp while mid-air:(

I notice only the hull shows damage on the UI. Would it be possible to show all the normal damage areas on the HUD?

Just a little update, the osprey now has a walkable interior! Turns out it already had one, it just needed a little tweak so you didn't need to crouch to get in, and I added the missing "roadway lod" that was preventing people from walking in there. Funny story, the roadway lod, (which defines the surface of an object that soldiers and vehicles can move on) was already in the model, it was just listed as an 'edit' lod instead of the roadway. It really is a hidden jem, the model is set up and animated very well, there are tons of cool little things that are turned off in the A2 model for some reason. For example, the side crew door now opens and closes when the pilot gets in and out, the cockpit engine angle indicator had an error that stopped it from working, non-functional cargo ramps etc. Another thing I changed is the rotor speed, so now they don't spin as fast.

please note that I've done very little to the textures and materials at this point.

Do you think than the get down and get up function could be added ? ( directly to 1m58 in the video)

Exemple from the VBS 2.12 in june 2013 :

(More content also in the begining of the video)

Some great work there, as always Sakura chan!

Just a little update, the osprey now has a walkable interior!

Even when flying?

yes, but I've always loved the sinister red lighting of older C-130s and AC-130s. I might change it back.

Maybe we could have both red and blue? If we could switch the colors in-game via the action menu or the like.