Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

ArmA 2 C-130J and MV-22 Redux

Hey Sakura looove what your doing here and thought i'd give the C-130 some love after the uh... debate about the V-22. Is it possible for you to have para lights e.g Red light green light type that can only be used by someone like a loadmaster?

-I' ve aid it once but I love what your doing especially with the C-130 looks awesome!

Wow nice idea -

Para lights (pilot controlled) would be awesome actually; even if the airframe doesn't have a walk-able interior you could just overemphasise the lights a bit so all troops in the back can see red on/green on... a GREAT way of (fairly realistically) communicating jump info!

Would have the benefit of working in public coop servers without requiring microphone comms too...

Hey. My two favourite aircraft of the series and you bring em' straight to us? Have some internet bacon :)

Anyhow, when you mentioned "NATO" in the possible paintschemes, did you mean an Olive one, like other BLUFOR

aircraft in A3? a matte-olive MV22 would probably look pretty epic imo :)

Nice to see this happening. Everyone enjoy your holidays, and happy new year 2014!

Thanks and Merry Christmas! I am going to base them on current Nato liveries, so probably a greyish color. I suppose greenfor and opfor should get some too. My favority c-130 colors are nam era ac-130 with green and brown camo and a black belly

Hi Sakura Chan

I have been tinkering with the MV-22 too and I have discovered a couple limitations

For example FX spawning points cannot be animated so it is not possible to add them in the MV 22 and animate the heat effects when the engine nacelles change position.

I also tried to tie the door animation to the "cabin" animation source but the timing of the animation is very difficult to synchronize.

Also. Have you been able to enable the FLIR turret? because it seems that I have been unable to get the chin FLIR turret working

Yeah i will have to do without the exhaust, the flir turret is simple enough. The door requires the maxvalue to be around 8 to ten otherwise it opens and closes too fast

For example FX spawning points cannot be animated so it is not possible to add them in the MV 22 and animate the heat effects when the engine nacelles change position.

Don't suppose you can define the FX point in a Resolution LOD, it produces "heat" and it can be animated .... ?

Probably too much to ask for as a feature (of the game engine).

Hi, will both the MV & the C-130 have vapor condensation effects?, aside of the wing tips trail i mean. I agree that the Nam era colours of the C-130 are pimp, are almost the same colours of the spanish air force C-130s but our ones have the belly in clear grey, almost sky blue but whiter. NATO Green versions of booth could serve for the AAF, i don't see the C-130 fitting on the OPFOR, i think that an AN-70 will fit better to 'em. Let's C ya

What exactly is stopping the exhaust effect from being animated? What makes them different from other memory points?

The exhaust effect ignores the animation, just like it does for position/collision lights. Vtol aircraft are the only vehicles I can think of that would have moving exhaust ports, maybe BIS didn't bother coding it in.

It may be possible to script the exhaust effect to follow the animation. I have zero experience with the MV22, but effects can be done for a turret, so if one could get the current tilt of the rotors it should be doable.

can't wait to see your C-130 with loading uption to charge and drop ammo box / vehicle , or soldier via parachute !

Well I did some work on the c130 color templates. I did some paradrop testing as well...very disappointing. Tons of strange behavior, dead soldiers, ejecting from the wrong positions, much stuttering as well probably due to the crappy airplaneX class. A3 also lacks a decent drop chute, the steerable chute is the only option and it takes forever for a unit to reach the ground :( just about finished the cleanup and fixes on the osprey. Just going to do some livery work and go back to the c130, which needs some cockpit work to be usable. I did some color tests with the c130, so i should start cranking out some nice liveries soon. I would be satisfied with releasing it with some basic faction colors and add more later, I would also like to include other people's recolors if they wanted to submit something. To start I would at least want US marines, USAF, NATO and RAF with the fuel probe. I realize its been a while since I posted any screenshots so I should crank some out in the next few days.

I know I had troubles with importing versions of the C-130 into A3, because paratroopers always died while exiting the aircraft. I always attributed it to the aircraft running over the paratroopers. I was hoping that adjusting the spot where soldiers are placed into the world once exiting would solve the issue, but I have no idea where to alter that.

Well the c130 has the guys jumping from the front door and not the back. It also seems like the are appearing inside the model before being placed at their ejection point.

I would think that the members of the crew in the cockpit should all have a position so that they're not counted as part of the cargo. I would think that they should exit from the portside door. All of the troops in the cargo category should exit from the rear, which should also be the point from which they enter. Even if they can walk inside of the fuselage I think their entry point should be outside of the ramp. Hopefully this would have an effect on their exit position as well.

From the configs I never saw where to change this. I thought it would be in model.cfg, but on a quick glance I didn't see anything there either. I'm not too experienced in O2, but I think the answer is in there somewhere.

it is in the config.cpp. You have to look for the memorypoints as they appear in these lines:

memoryPointsGetInDriver = "Pos Driver";
memoryPointsGetInDriverDir = "Pos Driver dir";
memoryPointsGetInGunner = "Pos Gunner";
memoryPointsGetInGunnerDir = "Pos Gunner dir";
memoryPointsGetInCommander = "Pos Commander";
memoryPointsGetInCommanderDir = "Pos Commander dir";
memoryPointsGetInCargo = "Pos Cargo";
memoryPointsGetInCargoDir = "Pos Cargo dir";

They may be present or not in the config depending on te number of positions the vehicle has. They can also be defined in a parent class or in that particular class we're editing.

The first line defines where the entity is created when it leaves a vehicle. The second line (the "dir" line) along with the first definition, defines a vector which represents the facing of the entity when it leaves the vehicle.

Hope it helps Badhabitz

it is in the config.cpp. You have to look for the memorypoints as they appear in these lines:

memoryPointsGetInDriver = "Pos Driver";
memoryPointsGetInDriverDir = "Pos Driver dir";
memoryPointsGetInGunner = "Pos Gunner";
memoryPointsGetInGunnerDir = "Pos Gunner dir";
memoryPointsGetInCommander = "Pos Commander";
memoryPointsGetInCommanderDir = "Pos Commander dir";
memoryPointsGetInCargo = "Pos Cargo";
memoryPointsGetInCargoDir = "Pos Cargo dir";

They may be present or not in the config depending on the number of positions the vehicle has. They can also be defined in a parent class or in that particular class we're editing.

The first line defines where the entity is created when it leaves a vehicle. The second line (the "dir" line) along with the first definition, defines a vector which represents the facing of the entity when it leaves the vehicle.

Hope it helps Badhabitz

So I'm assuming then that these memory points are defined in the model somewhere. That's what we'd need to find and change to make this work.

You can also easily change where each individual cargo seat entrance is, so thats not a problem. I think there is something wrong with the getout animation, ive seen ejected cargo soldiers using the blank "t" pos, like no animation was found. They also rarely make it to the halo animation, they are usually stuck in a combat ready stance. I remember making a parajump script in ofp that worked 100x smoother.

If you're entering the back of the aircraft, I don't think you should be entering the seats in the cabin/cockpit, which is why I said that those seats should be entered/exited from the portside door. If you're the first one to get in from the ramp entrance then you should fill the first seat in the cargo area. I just think that makes sense, but obviously this is your project.

As far as the stance issue, that sounds odd. Most of the time that paratroopers get ran over it's in the halo animation... if not all of the time. I think in helicopters if you're low enough when you exit you'll be in the combat ready stance until you hit ground or water. I'm not sure. I can get troops to sit inside of vehicles with the animations that I want, but animations after they've exited is outside of my experience.

They have entered The Great Cycle. Basically I have 30 or so mods I work on, so if I get bored or tired of one I work on something else for a while. When I feel inspired again I return to them. I'm working on my oldest project from The Great Cycle right now, its been in there since ArmA 1 lol. Its hard to finish some things, you know. Its fun changing stuff like the handling and lighting on the Osprey, but when you spend a few hours trying to get an mfd screen to glow in the daylight without messing up the night visibility it just turns into factory labour. Rest assured it will be released in a timely manner.

Rest assured it will be released in a timely manner.
I'm working on my oldest project from The Great Cycle right now, its been in there since ArmA 1 lol

I hope that these don't turn into this project though! :p

I hope the C-130 comes to fruition asap. If you want help or a second set of eyes, let me know.

The Great Cycle continues. If I spin it fast enough something usually flies out.