nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

hey guys im sure this been asked before but im making a coop mission and we wana use tfr and we have are own TS3 server but how to hook it up to are TS3 server i looked everywhere couldnt find anything ! im not a new with tfr i used it before but not on my own TS3 server .

hey guys im sure this been asked before but im making a coop mission and we wana use tfr and we have are own TS3 server but how to hook it up to are TS3 server i looked everywhere couldnt find anything ! im not a new with tfr i used it before but not on my own TS3 server .

No additional configuration for TS server required.

Hey nkey,

I use VTS from Letranger, but TFR module seems not to be loaded for Zeus/Gamemaster slot.

Any clue how I could simply make Zeus TFR-compatible ? Any function to call ?

Regards

Also regarding Zeus: When you're both a player and zeus (i.e. not in 'virtual' Zeus slot) you'll hear your player character's audio when in Zeus 'eagle' view. Would it be possible to script something that toggles my locality to the zeus camera?

Oh, and another weird thing: When remote-controlling a unit, I seem to still hear my own character's radio chatter even if the unit is e.g. an OPFOR unit on a entirely different encryption/frequency. Why does that happen?

Does any know how to stop the MicroDAGR from spawning? I'm using a custom loadout with TFAR using the AN/PRC-152 radios (doesn't need the DAGR) but even then it still spawns in when I launch my mission. It keeps replacing my watch is slightly annoying.

Also regarding Zeus: When you're both a player and zeus (i.e. not in 'virtual' Zeus slot) you'll hear your player character's audio when in Zeus 'eagle' view. Would it be possible to script something that toggles my locality to the zeus camera?

Oh, and another weird thing: When remote-controlling a unit, I seem to still hear my own character's radio chatter even if the unit is e.g. an OPFOR unit on a entirely different encryption/frequency. Why does that happen?

Is is works as expected.... While you doing staff like Zeus you should be able to hear your teammates...

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Hey nkey,

I use VTS from Letranger, but TFR module seems not to be loaded for Zeus/Gamemaster slot.

Any clue how I could simply make Zeus TFR-compatible ? Any function to call ?

Regards

Not sure I get problem, could you provide more details?

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Does any know how to stop the MicroDAGR from spawning? I'm using a custom loadout with TFAR using the AN/PRC-152 radios (doesn't need the DAGR) but even then it still spawns in when I launch my mission. It keeps replacing my watch is slightly annoying.

TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = 0; in userconfig on server.

My TFAR controls are empty in the ingame configure addons menu. I cant assign actions/keys.

As a result I can still receive on Short/Long Range radios however I cannot transmit. I can't bring up any of the radio UI either. My direct chat works fine.

I have reinstalled TFAR, TS3, ARMA3 and CBA already and still does not work. I have been running TS3 and A3sync as admin and have verified ARMA3 game cache. I don't have a gaming keyboard either

Help is much appreciated

I can't use my radio (LRR) while looking at the map which makes reading out grid coords tough!

My TFAR controls are empty in the ingame configure addons menu. I cant assign actions/keys.

As a result I can still receive on Short/Long Range radios however I cannot transmit. I can't bring up any of the radio UI either. My direct chat works fine.

I have reinstalled TFAR, TS3, ARMA3 and CBA already and still does not work. I have been running TS3 and A3sync as admin and have verified ARMA3 game cache. I don't have a gaming keyboard either

Help is much appreciated

Looks like you use old CBA version.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

I can't use my radio (LRR) while looking at the map which makes reading out grid coords tough!

On CTRL+CAPS?

Just updated CBA again still not working.

Try to create new fresh profile.

Any clue how I could simply make Zeus TFR-compatible ?

You have to spawn your Zeus as a virtual unit. You can find these in mission editor, game logic.

Hey, just wondering if there's a way for the spectating players to hear the live players if they're in proximity to them (whisper, normal, yelling)?

Frequency Jammer? I have seen it talked about in this thread but I have not seen if it really is in the mod, or if it is how to use it. Could someone clarify this? Thanks!

Can anyone comment on why TFAR changes players names to 'any' when enabling TFAR? and why players get errors in teamspeak about player names already existing when clearly they aren't

Can anyone comment on why TFAR changes players names to 'any' when enabling TFAR? and why players get errors in teamspeak about player names already existing when clearly they aren't

Noticed this for the first time last night. came here looking for the same answer.

Frequency Jammer? I have seen it talked about in this thread but I have not seen if it really is in the mod, or if it is how to use it. Could someone clarify this? Thanks!

It's not part of the addon itself, rather a script written to make use of its API. A link has been posted in this thread a while back, happy searching :)

Hey, just wondering if there's a way for the spectating players to hear the live players if they're in proximity to them (whisper, normal, yelling)?

Currently no...

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Hm.. Names in TS or in game? and how do you see player name?

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Hey... Any news on a radio retransmitter / relay station?

Working on arhitecture of implementation (not easy to do it without affecting FPS).

^^^ the name in ts changes. It seems to have only started since 9.7.2. Players also get and error in ts saying something about the name already existing. My group is using version 9.7.3 downloaded off pws. We are also running the latest version of teamspeak and cba. We are also running hardcore tfar with a taskforceradio channel with password 123. The problem seems to be with the ts plug in. As it happens over multiple ts channels and is not isolated to one ts.

To clarify in teamspeak my name is Rekkless once the game starts And tfar initialises and we are automatically transferred to the taskforceradio room my name or someone else's name will change to 'any' and the player will get an error in teamspeak about the name already existing.

^^^ the name in ts changes. It seems to have only started since 9.7.2. Players also get and error in ts saying something about the name already existing. My group is using version 9.7.3 downloaded off pws. We are also running the latest version of teamspeak and cba. We are also running hardcore tfar with a taskforceradio channel with password 123. The problem seems to be with the ts plug in. As it happens over multiple ts channels and is not isolated to one ts.

To clarify in teamspeak my name is Rekkless once the game starts And tfar initialises and we are automatically transferred to the taskforceradio room my name or someone else's name will change to 'any' and the player will get an error in teamspeak about the name already existing.

Hm.. Have you found some workaround?

Hm.. Have you found some workaround?

Yeah you put up with it. Then after the game change your name back.

What is your in game nickname? I had this too, but TFAR only changes my name in TS3 to my in game nickname. Haven't used feature of moving to TaskForceRadio channel but you may be using some "illegal" characters in game which TFAR cant swap in TS3. Or you are using some sort of script in mission which is creating a conflict. If it happens in any mission or in any public server, then its not what I thought it was.

Like I said my name in teamspeak is Rekkless. My name in game is Rekkless I am using a squad.xml so have my clan tags automatically generated when I start the game. Perhaps this is it. But like I said this was never an issue before 9.7.2. Either way it doesn't happen every time but it will happen to at least one of my squad members at least once per game. And it isn't isolated to just my server and missions.