nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hm.. Could you check your server and client RPT for errors?

There are errors in the Server Log, but I guess they are mission related

RPT-File

I'll look in the client log later

I'll try that out as soon as I can!

Helped?

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

There are errors in the Server Log, but I guess they are mission related

RPT-File

I'll look in the client log later

Any news about client logs?

On a different note, how hard would it be to implement a radio with ridiculously long range to emulate SATCOM systems? I have yet to look into the configs of TFAR, so I have no idea where to start looking. For context, my problem is that I want a reasonably realistic comms chain for air support, including requesting an airframe from ASOC, check in, CAS brief and so on and so forth. Without rebroadcasting stations however, it is very hard for the poor FAC to reach the NW airfield from Cherno, given Chernarus' hilly terrain. Having a SATCOM terminal with the Coy FAC would make cross-terrain ops much easier, without the need for someone to sit on a hilltop to relay messages all night (which might not be half bad, actually).

I'd vote for a good old field telephone (yes, cable!).

That would be incredible in many situations (not only, but including WW2 scenarios etc)...

Nkey, have you ever considered to have a server configuration setting that will automatically set the LR radios frequency on the personal radios' alternative channel? This way all players would hear their team leaders talking, won't disturb them while they talk or listen to other leaders, and will always be updated on command's plans.

It's possible to manually set it at the beginning of each mission but that means going through a lot of trouble.

If not, would you please consider this?

someone know how to reduce the "ground interference" effect? perhaps a variable to change?

someone know how to reduce the "ground interference" effect? perhaps a variable to change?

Isn't exactly that inside the TFAR Module?

I'd vote for a good old field telephone (yes, cable!).

That would be incredible in many situations (not only, but including WW2 scenarios etc)...

That would be nice indeed! However not very useful for an air assault unit... :P

After I have talked through a radio TS automatically goes into voice activation-mode. It stays in voice-activation mode until I press my regular push-to-talk button.

Just for the record, if anyone else has the same problem in the future:

I was able to resolve this issue by disabling the "Voice Activation Detection while using Push-To-Talk" option in Teamspeak.

I think it happens on every server, but since I'm not certain I'll double-check.

I'll come back if I find anything.

Edit: I self-hosted a server just now and tested out the radios. Here's what I found:

After I have talked through a radio TS automatically goes into voice activation-mode. It stays in voice-activation mode until I press my regular push-to-talk button.

I haven't been able to test it on any other server, but I'll make sure to do it sometime in the future and report back here.

Seems to be happening on every server using TFAR.

Hm.. Latest TS? Could you try to enable voice activation in TS? Do you run in Window mode rduring test (because alt-tab can affect results)?

EDIT: oops, lost your last message.

That would be nice indeed! However not very useful for an air assault unit... :P

It would kinda limit your operating radius right? :D

Sorry I was short on time ^^

Fresh Server-RPT

Fresh Client-RPT

Also

This is an Error I got the first time today:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb109/RavingCraze/2014-07-31_00001.jpg (113 kB)

But the module is activated!

Hello.

Maybe something related to...

Unknown entity: 'gt

</German>

</Key>

<Key ID="STR_additional_transmit_end">

<Original>

&lt'

You can try to get fresh RPT from vanillla mission and compare it to your mission (check for additional possible errors).

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

On a different note, how hard would it be to implement a radio with ridiculously long range to emulate SATCOM systems? I have yet to look into the configs of TFAR, so I have no idea where to start looking. For context, my problem is that I want a reasonably realistic comms chain for air support, including requesting an airframe from ASOC, check in, CAS brief and so on and so forth. Without rebroadcasting stations however, it is very hard for the poor FAC to reach the NW airfield from Cherno, given Chernarus' hilly terrain. Having a SATCOM terminal with the Coy FAC would make cross-terrain ops much easier, without the need for someone to sit on a hilltop to relay messages all night (which might not be half bad, actually).

It is easy, check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio_items/config.cpp#L134

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Nkey, have you ever considered to have a server configuration setting that will automatically set the LR radios frequency on the personal radios' alternative channel? This way all players would hear their team leaders talking, won't disturb them while they talk or listen to other leaders, and will always be updated on command's plans.

It's possible to manually set it at the beginning of each mission but that means going through a lot of trouble.

If not, would you please consider this?

Need to think here. Becasue on big PvP games it is bad idea to set HQ frequency to personal soldier radio because of security reasons.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Yes, use module or look for TF_terrain_interception_coefficient here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables

Need to think here. Becasue on big PvP games it is bad idea to set HQ frequency to personal soldier radio because of security reasons.

Sure, this is why this feature should be off by default in the userconfig. Coop server admins will have to turn it on.

Hello.

</German>

</Key>

<Original>

<'

You can try to get fresh RPT from vanillla mission and compare it to your mission (check for additional possible errors).

Any Idea how to fixthat error?

hi:)

thank you for creating awesome addon, like ACRE.

I have a question.

We have the method of activating Serious mode in dedicated server as default?

I want to play Serious mode without modules or something to operate.

Hello.

</German>

</Key>

<Original>

<'

Okay, I got rid of that error. One mod that is causing it, seems to be "C-L-F Mods - Additional backpacks/radios for TFAR" but the problem is not solved yet.

hear you get new RPTs (maybe you find more ^^)

Server-RPT

Client-RPT

Maybe you have another Idea for the mission scripts...because as I said. TFAR is Running good on other missions except the Patrol Ops and Domination missions!

Deleted post as I found out what the peoblems were

Edited by PSYKO_phoenix

Any Idea how to fixthat error?

I have not such error... Could you please compare RPT with your mission and with vanilla?

I have not such error... Could you please compare RPT with your mission and with vanilla?

Hey,

I'm sorry if I wasted your time. I now found my problem and solved it (I guess)

What have I done: I removed the Enforce Taskforce Module from the mission.

hi:)

thank you for creating awesome addon, like ACRE.

I have a question.

We have the method of activating Serious mode in dedicated server as default?

I want to play Serious mode without modules or something to operate.

Just create a channel called 'TaskForceRadio' with password '123' on your TeamSpeak server and you're always in serious mode.

Are Linux Servers Supported ?

Where do i have to place the userconfig then ?

The Server isnt loading the mod

Are Linux Servers Supported ?

Where do i have to place the userconfig then ?

The Server isnt loading the mod

1) try to copy userconfig to mod folder

2) Try adding -mod=Curator to your arma3server.exe

3) check server RPT for errors

nkey,

I know I'm late to the party, I just started using this in the last day or so. Really enjoying it.

I want to have an RT1523 sat on a table that is a receiver only. Can this be done?

Hi, Nkey. Maybe you can help me. I am running Task Force Radio on Windows 8, running TeamSpeak & Arma 3 as an admin.When I first used Task Force Radio it worked fine, but upon reconnecting to a server I got "Setnamedpipehandlestate failed." -- I can't figure out why it stopped working, I didn't change anything, and now I cannot get it to work.