@Brainbug

No, i can't. In Polish version of game we have only 1 language-Polish. You probably know why. ;) We have cheaper games, so this is protection to not re-sale games to other countries.

And yes you are right more people understand here English than German.

I had a problem with mission The Picture. There was 2 of us in the end: medic-teamleader and I. We go to extraction point, chopper landed but team leader didn't give the order to get in. But after i killed teamleader i saw info that im alone and after this i could get in to heli. Mission ends.

Ps: i dont use any AI mods. I loaded few times the game but something was wrong.

Mission Escalation (i didn't finish it yet). In task where we must help US soldiers, on farm there were ~2-3 Russian soldiers that can't be killed, they were bulletproof ;)

Later when we was waiting for artillery commander (with his wife) after savegeme, on screen there was a Task Hint with info: "Bravo team is save" or something like that (dont remember now).

Just finished this campaign. Great work. Good missions, nice (and many) cutscenes. Very good story.

Possible bugs:

Did i win this game.

When i completed

1st task, the same task was added to briefing 2nd time-Sagewerk Infiltrieren.

The storm II.

Im not sure now but maybe other squads dont attack the base or maybe i attacked to fast? In 2nd part of mission there was some US soldiers in base.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

So maybe all was ok. When i will have some time i will check this mission to be sure.

There is something wrong with loading screens i had gray square in all missions.

Thanks for your work. Awesome campaign. :)

Ps: i forgot to write about soundtrack, you choose very good songs, they fit to cutscenes/missions, they add atmosphere.

tom3kb, did you use mods (other that the required addons)?

Thanks a lot for playing and providing feedback.

There's still some work to do, as it seems. :D

Can you make a screenshot of the grey boxes in the loading screen?

I did it this way that only in the intro cutscenes of the campaigns (and maybe in the first mission) the loading screen (the campaign overview picture) appears. In the other missions the screen should be black.

I played The Storm II 2nd time to see if all is ok. And it is, other groups are attacking with us. Sorry for false alarm. ;)

I made screenshoot of that gray square-loading screen but i can't send you him in next few days. Im not in home, and here i dont have internet in PC. But i see that in all missions in description.ext you have

Loadscreen = ""; so probably this is why there is no loadingscreen

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

When i load missions in editor or i choose them from campaign menu there is no gray square-loadingscreen. But when i restart whole campaign i have this square before each mission. I think its becose that big loadingscreen from intro. First i was thinking that you forgot add picture to description for each mission but i read your post 2nd time

I remember that someone write about that gray square to

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Ps: i played your campaign with JSRS, WarFX Blastcore, RHS Armored Forces of Russian Federation (+replacement pack) and with CBA (older version that dont need beta patch, with 3 @cba folder:@cba,@cba_oa,@cba_a2).

Thanks a lot!

Did you finish it?

Of course :cool:

By the way, what's the real name of the track "trost"?

Of course :cool:

By the way, what's the real name of the track "trost"?

It's Pensive Emotion from Bill Brown

tom3kb, thanks for your infos about those loading screens - I'll definitely take that out of the descriptions...

Edited by Undeceived

Just finished. I really pushed the camp to finish it.

Bugs:

None found

Balance:

Nice balance IF player can get a hold of the Metis AT, otherwise, challenging enough.

Music:

Fits well with all scenarios

Story:

Story grabs you and pulls you in. You literally FEEL like Thomas Cerny.

Dialog:

Nicely done. A few times, a bit silly with some comments.

For example:

Thomas approaches the Lumber Mill at the front entrance.

The guard, who is a hard core psycho killer of civilians says, "Get out of here, you sillybutt" or something like that, used by 3rd graders in school.

Otherwise, well done. Could have gone through some editing with a Native English speaker, which I would advise for the next update, if there is one.

Enough missions:

Absolutely. All missions time consuming and have to think and plan them through. You are not always having your hand held.

Mission Editing:

Wonderful job. Saw new functions never seen before. The problem with this is, (and not really a problem per say) is that it upgrades mission editing, putting more stress on other mission makers who do not have the skill nor time to put into a mission/camp. Some of us are just easy going mission makers with no fireworks, whistles or bells. This campaign has all that.

That IS a good thing mind you, but for me, I'm a bit bummed out that I cannot do these things for my missions, therefore, will never garner a following of my works as you have done yourself.

Cut scenes:

Fantastic. The time that went into the intro/outro/cut scenes by far are more then what went into the actual mission designs themselves.

I for one, just do not have the skill nor patience for it.

All in all great campaign.

Was kind of wondering why there were no VOICE as in the last one. Seriously lacking and could have upped the campaign quite a bit.

A person with your talents and skills, surely could have gotten that done as you did in your last campaign, as seen with your connections in your credits.

Congratulations and a job well done and thank you for all your hard work and labor!!

Thanks a lot, Kommiekat!

Dialog:

Nicely done. A few times, a bit silly with some comments.

For example:

Yeah, I really need help with expressions like that (non-native speaker)! If anyone could help me with that (as stated in the first post), that would be great! Just give me suggestions when you see something weird or silly.

About the voice acting:

It's important to know that the size of the campaign is not comparable with my (single) mission FTLOAF. The amount of dialogs and the number of roles are HUGE. As much as I would love to see voice acting implemented, I fear the amount of work needed for it.

. . .

About the voice acting:

It's important to know that the size of the campaign is not comparable with my (single) mission FTLOAF. The amount of dialogs and the number of roles are HUGE. As much as I would love to see voice acting implemented, I fear the amount of work needed for it.

Yeah I can sing you a song or two about that. It is quite overwhelming for being honest. I did it mission by mission 16 in total over 500 voice and radio files. you are right to fear such a thing . . . only fools like me embark in such adventures. But I assure you when finished it is really gratifying. since I'm a sucker for voice acted mission I'd love to see your campaign voice acted it would be the icing on the cake.

But yeah the workload is scary as hell. :couch:

Edited by nettrucker

I'm now finally through with it, and I must say: Awesome campaign! If Arma2 had been sold with this as the official campaign, it would have been voted the game of the century. So many different elements in it, in one mission it's like role-play game where you have to get quests and collect stuff, in another it feels a bit like Jagged Alliance or Hitman. Very cool. And the many small details give it a great feel and atmosphere.

Speaking of bugs, I actually didn't encounter much (despite me playing with a bunch of addons including TWPCAS etc.), but I stumbled upon two issues in the late phase of the game:

1) at the start of 16thestorm, the weapon pool scripts seems to be bugged. I had only the few added American weapons in the pool, nothing else, and Kamil, Tomek and myself were without any weapons, while the rest correctly still had the stuff I gave them the mission before. Because I couldn't find the exact cause of that bug, I just edited in a few more weapons.

2) at the end of 17thestorm2, the game does not end. I looked into the scripts and found out that I probably had to kill more units (trigger that starts the outro script), but couldn't find them. I only killed three groups of spetznaz, two coming from the west and one from the north, but in the mission.sqm there seems to be another smaller group and a BTR, I never encountered one though, despite running through the woods all around. Had to use endmission unfortunately so I missed the outro.

One suggestion: the last mission in the mill may be even cooler if the player uses no nvgs but a flashlight on the weapon. Might be an idea to put something with flashlight in the weapon pool (which I had because I had to edit the script anyway, I used one of Christian1987's MP7, supposedly a present from one of the KSK guys lol).

One suggestion: the last mission in the mill may be even cooler if the player uses no nvgs but a flashlight on the weapon. Might be an idea to put something with flashlight in the weapon pool (which I had because I had to edit the script anyway, I used one of Christian1987's MP7, supposedly a present from one of the KSK guys lol).

What!? You cheated? Are you one of those cheaters? I bet you use Kronskys CHEATER addon, don't you!

I bet you and Kronsky get together and drink German beer and laugh hard at us non-cheaters!

Just completed it. Excellent work undeceived, you should really be proud of what you have made here. A very immersive experience, as KommieKat put it, you really feel like Tomas Cerny.

I look forward to what you bring in the future. Well done mate.

Cool, thanks a lot!

I'm currently reworking the second to last mission, as it has a replay-value = ZERO. :)

Other than that in the overall campaign there's still a lot of work to do.

Btw, if you have time, feel free to comment and rate at Armaholic too. :) Thanks!

Done. Well, I feel linearity in some missions is necessary to convey the story, you have plenty of open missions in there that are quite replayable.

I had almost no problems with the campaign at all. My only gripes were when you first get into the open missions, it was very difficult to take on tanks without any AT, but I realised that allowed me to feel the hopelessness they faced, whether or not that was intentional. Of course the expression in some parts was a little funny, as you are aware, but that's completely understandable, and I had no trouble comprehending what was being said.

You did a fantastic job as it is man!

Edited by bezzzy

Yeah, the expressions... If you have some examples, please feel free to show them to me via PM and provide suggestions how to change them. :)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Finished the campaign and I must say it's one of the best I've ever played. Excellent work.

Only had two problems (ARMA CO 1.62, with JSRS sound mod only):

In the mission The Mole, when the spy walked to the checkpoint and talked to the guard, he was immediately shot dead. He could walk around the place just fine, he was never seen by any officers, but when the cutscene started, he was somehow declared hostile and shot. I ended up using ENDMISSION to skip it.

Storm II: When I reached map point LYNX, my team reported in... then nothing happened. Nobody moved, I had to capture the base with my squad only. In the base, nobody reacted at all, not even the tanks, I could just walk to everybody and shoot them at point blank. When the two tanks died, received a message about LION being dead. When the last enemy soldier was killed, the mission continued fine.

Edited by Zardas

Hats off to you mister Undeceived. This is a spactacular work. One of the best campaigns out there!

Thank you very much for hours of fun playing your masterpiece!

Thanks, Variable. :)

eis0.jpg 1hgb.jpg

Edited by Undeceived