Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

So after updating to the latest version of AISS, our Task Force Radio isn't working anymore. We had a couple of members still on version 6.7 who are able to use radios, but those of us who have upgraded to version 6.8 are unable to use the radio, we can't even get into the keybinding settings in the controls menu. Same goes for the EODS mod, all controls are gone. If we remove AISS, all is well, but with AISS nothing.

Any clue to what is causing this?

hi MFG,

Till I get an update done. Try removing SAMO from your aiss folder. I suspect this may be the issue. Let me know if that works. I'll have to find another rout to intergrate SAMO. :/

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-30-2014 at 10:41 PM ----------

AISS_FIX

Removed SAMO from AISS. You will need to download separately. Troubles with Task Force Radio.

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks!

Will give that fix a try later today.

We had already tried to remove SAMO, but that just gave us an error that SAMO was missing. Essentially, we'd like to not have SAMO, since we never use it in our missions.

Heya. I just tried your mod in the editor and everything worked great. The first time that I was witnessing something that can be called an actual battle in Arma 3, without me using dozens of triggers.

BUT, we tried it on our server and just placed some units in a town via Zeus and had others attacking it, only infantry. There were about 20 Defenders and 40 Attackers. We also placed some units in the vicinity to see how they get called for support. However, nothing happened. Noone was called for support and the movement of the AI was not up to par with what I've seen in the editor earlier, with basically the same setup.

So a quick rundown of what actually works and doesn't work on a dedicated server as well as a quick explanation of the different modules would be awesome.

Anyway, keep up the amazing work.

Cheers

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi stoffl, Nothing really works well on dedi. I almost had it at one point, but my undertsnading of dedi's is not so good. I need a dedi coder to help but no one wants to bite :(. lol

Could add a setting for a "grace period" between unit being engaged and calling for support. This is to make rapid stealth takedowns without alarm possible. In other words: for X seconds of being engaged unit cannot call support no matter what.

If AISS already has such timer built in it still would be nice to have a setting that could be tweaked, Im not all that good at Arma, so I tailor the difficulty to my tastes.

Edited by Taro8

Been playing around with the mod a little bit, some great improvements from the base AI. I haven't had a chance to really sink my teeth into it yet but plan on doing so this upcoming weekend. Keep up the good work!

Awesome and thanks Brick. Let me know what you think :)

Full dedi support would be nice, as now it is hard to tell when sometnig work. Like AI calling more teams to join, but not always call arty when it is ready (mean when you set 100% to call, even in danger close). Also I can't find how it works with alive - alive also sends orders to teams like go and take that area, but what if other team will call for help? Will AI go help, or continue with order from Alive AI comander. I wish someone could help with this.

This mod is awesome, I had a lot of fun with it in mission. It is great for stealth mission, when you should avoid enemies at allcost, if you don't you will fight countless enemies coming from all directions. (sorry for my english)

Hi Prze, as to dedi Right now I cant offer support. I dont have enough dedi knowledge or enough internet speed. As for Alive. I'm not sure I think it depends on which order is recieved last.

Thanks for the positive review. :)

Big thanks to all involved in making this mod.

I just stumbled on it,its exactly what i needed.After spending months testing every single AI mod,this suits my needs the most.

I have a question however...

If i set units in the editor to show/hide does this mod recognize they are currently hidden?My concern is that this mod might assign a group to reinforce another friendly group,but because they are hidden,it wont be able to send them for task.

Also,do respawning AI keep all benefits from this mod?

Cheers again

Respawning units are recognized..... Show/Hide... lol I never thought to test that.... If it does recognize them place 2 triggers 1st trigger put in condition

time>3

then in the onact put

AISS_Ex_Groups = [groupname];

2nd trigger set the trigger as you'd like to activate your units then in the onAct place

AISS_Ex_Groups = [];

Now AISS may not recognize them with show/hide till after they are shown, but in case I'm wrong do what I said above.

Hope this helps,

Mikey74

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Speed of Sound Pure does have a conflict with AISS. When using SOSP none of AISS modules show or the AISS category. Hopefully me or BigPickle will find a fix for this. :)

Reloaded everything again and AISS category and modules show. Not sure what happened there, but its working now! Wierd.

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks mikey74

Sure enough,when troops are hidden,WPs are being generated.Looking through MCC console and can see that.

Have been going through this mod tonight in more detail.It really is amazing,top stuff man.

Cant wait to see how far it goes

Also one more question mikey...

Are any effects such as move to cover and suppresion still working on excluded groups in editor?

Edited by redarmy

Have been going through this mod tonight in more detail.It really is amazing,top stuff man.

Thanks!! :)

Are any effects such as move to cover and suppresion still working on excluded groups in editor?

yes Suppression and cover still work. Even if excluded ;)

Sneak peak of what I'm currently working on with AISS....
YESSSSS that tank did fire at infantry with its main gun!

Keep in mind this is still early development! ;)

Nice work mate, this mod is coming along so nicely it is all I use now. Question, is there a way to edit the distance at which ai engage each other? I find that if I have an ai dude in my hummer on a 50 cal I have to be within like 200-300m before he will engage anything.

yeh thats a bis issues. I try not to change to much of that as different people have different taste. SO on my end I do this in my mission init.sqf

{_x setskill ["spotDistance",0.7]} forEach allUnits;

I may make this a user config. Cuase this drives me nuts as well especially while I'm testing and tweaking suppression and supressive fire.

Mikey i use AI Spawn script pack by spunfin

There is a script within that that spawns a pre defined group to patrol individually a set radius(militarize)

The group is called with a trigger to a position pre set,and as said individual units withing the group move around independandtly.

Is there a way to exclude these guys called via the trigger?Because seems unlikely i can sync the exclude groups module to the trigger,at a loss here

Same as before except use trigger

AISS_Ex_Groups = [groupname1,Groupname2.....];

Hope this helps. :)

Looking good man ;)

Same as before except use trigger
AISS_Ex_Groups = [groupname1,Groupname2.....];

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks mikey i explored this solution,however i dont see a way to name the group thats gona spawn in and militarize.Theyre not editor placed units.

Actually,is there a way to use that code to include all groups within the trigger area?

Edited by redarmy

hmmmm maybe

{AISS_Ex_Groups = [(group _x)];} forEach Thislist

Maybe. In theory this should work, but its not tested. Make sure trigger is set to opfor or blufor present, May have to be a seperate trigger. set timer to 1, 1, 1