Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Beta1.1 release

changes:

AISS2 modules now has there own category in the module menu. They also come with a description.

added a kill switch to user configs AISS_Kill_kill = 0; for stopping the deletion of bodies and vehicles if you do not want this.

AISS_AI_Enhancments = 0 will now kill the suppress script.

AISS2 now uses a bin instead of cpp so that AISS can be uploaded to steam.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

hey folks....i think im doing something wrong...dead still disappear ...i changed the thing in user config to 0 so it supposedly stops deleting but still nothing...what exactly do i do with the user config...am i meant to place the code somewhere...??

Make sure the user config folder is in the same directory as your Arma exe file. It should be in the arma folder, userconfig folder,aiss folder and in that folder should be the aiss.hpp.

Then make sure AISS_Kill_kill = 0;

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\AISS\AISS.hpp

All are folders till you get to AISS.hpp file.

idk maybe I'll continue this a bit longer. :/

AISS Beta 1.3

changes:

Updated AISS defaults. AISS will now start automatically unless you change AISS_Module = 0; to AISS_Module = 1; in userconfigs, init.sqf, or by trigger. Most of AISS parimeters can be changed on the fly.

Tweaked Suppression script.

Tweaked cover and suppress script.

Tweaked a few other minor things I cant remember.

idk maybe I'll continue this a bit longer. :/

Man, this ai mod is great. I've used bcombat, asrai and vcomai and honestly I really like your mod. I exclusively make my missions with ALiVE and your mod works so well with it. Please don't give up. You don't need to constantly improve it to the point it consumes your life but just tinker and keep it up to date for those of us that love your mod.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Man, this ai mod is great. I've used bcombat, asrai and vcomai and honestly I really like your mod. I exclusively make my missions with ALiVE and your mod works so well with it. Please don't give up. You don't need to constantly improve it to the point it consumes your life but just tinker and keep it up to date for those of us that love your mod.

Thanks! I am so glad you enjoy this. I am very glad its working with ALiVE. lol My biggest problems have been compatibility issues with other mods, dedi servers, and lack of time. Obviously I love this because I keep coming back to it. Even though it can get grow gray hair frustrating. lol

Thanks again,

Mikey74

AISS Beta 1.4

Changes:

Player was included in AI features! This has been fixed. Player will no longer do what AI do. Its up to you to be smart ;)

Tweaked cover script a bit more giving skill a tad more factor.

Also now on steam:

Edited by Mikey74

Thinking about changing the way point part around. What do you think? Maybe instead of AISS taking control when all way points are done, or no way points issued. Maybe assigning a sentry way point would be for defending and/or Garrisoning positions. Maybe using guard or SAD way points for Patrol. And just leaving all in the pool for support unless linked to a hold module,exclude module, on sentry, or garrisoned. Tell me what do you think?

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

If you do not like the way the units are suppressed. I have placed something in userconfigs to stop this. ;) Change AISS_AI_Enhancments = 1; to AISS_AI_Enhancments = 0; You can change that via userconfig, by a trigger, or int.sqf in mission folder. That will stop the AI from hitting the deck and looking for cover when someone is shooting at them, or you can changed range of bullet wizz AISS_Round_dis = 28; to maybe AISS_Round_dis = 2; This tells AI to hit the deck when round is within certain amount of meters from him. AISS_Round_dis will change to AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis in next update to avoid confusion. :)

Edited by Mikey74

Unless I missed a bug. I'm going to try to limit updates to 1 per week. Poor Mod sites been working hard, and I really do feel guilty when I finally realized what I was doing to these guys. :(

AISSBeta2

changes:

Player can get assigned task if AI friendly needs support. You can stop this by changing AISS_Player_called = 1; to AISS_Player_called = 0; in userconfigs or by script or by trigger.

Reduce sonic crack default to 14 meters instead of 35. This can be changed in user configs or by trigger or by script by changing AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis = to desired amount of meters;

added new user configs below is default settings:

AISS_Shot_dis = 1000; //// This gauges how far out a shot is heard by AI when shooter doesn't have a suppressor.

AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis = 14; ///// This gauges how close a round has to be to an AI for the AI to know he's being shot at, and he will hit the deck.

AISS_Shot_dis_sup = 100; //// This gauges how far out a shooter with a suppressor is heard. Anything above this will not be heard.

AISS_Time_inCover_min = 10; //// This is minimum amount of time AI will remain on the ground when being suppressed.

AISS_Time_inCover_max = 20; ////This is maximum amount of time AI will remain on the ground when being suppressed. This is random based on skill combined with AISS_Time_inCover_min.

AISS_Player_called = 1; //// This allow AISS to assigning task to player units if player is squad leader. 0 Will turn this feature off.

Added few more scripts to make AISS server ready!

Edited by Mikey74

Hi,

Really nice script!

Quick question... will this work on a dedicated server?

Thanks in advance

Hi Asset, It should, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. I've got a group of friends testing it Thursday night. Feel free to test it yourself if you like. :) I really really really want to make this work on dedi!!! lol

Hey Mikey,

I see some RPT spam with your mod;

Error in expression < select 2;
_minDistist = round (_maxDist/6);
if (AISS_PATDebug ==1) then {hint f>
 Error position: </6);
if (AISS_PATDebug ==1) then {hint f>
 Error /: Type Bool, expected Number,Config entry
File AISS\CA_Patrol.sqf, line 17

Running mods, CBA & AISS.

Thanks ChuWie, I'm taking some steps to fix that and should be fixed next update. :)

P.S I also found a variable that was supposed to be a userconfig that was left out! Thanks again!!! :D

Edited by Mikey74

Sure thing :)

Thanks for updating your mod! I really enjoy it :)