Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

hmmmm maybe
{AISS_Ex_Groups = [(group _x)];} forEach Thislist

Maybe. In theory this should work, but its not tested. Make sure trigger is set to opfor or blufor present, May have to be a seperate trigger. set timer to 1, 1, 1

Hmmm tried this,and a few variations of it. no joy

Il look around for a militarize script that i can attatch to a squad leaders init,so that i can just use the exclude module.

By the way,how did you optimize this mod.From what i see it does alot of what GAIA and bcombat combined can do (roughly) but is so much smoother with alot of units.I can have decently sized battles on this without fps dropping.

Highly appreciate the convinience of the cleanup script included also,surely that helps a hell of a lot.I was suprised to see recently how dead bodies can have a huge effect on performance.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Deleted

Edited by redarmy

When I finish up some of the big bugs I'm getting rid of for next release. I'll dl the spawning script and see what I can do. :)

When I finish up some of the big bugs I'm getting rid of for next release. I'll dl the spawning script and see what I can do. :)

Sounds excellent man.

Im running a simple test and have encountered an issue with garrison module.

Basically im on stratis marina bay(whatever that marina area is called) iv put down the garission module and two groups synced to it.

Both groups are getting assigned WPs,up to 600 meters away(in the config i have patrol on infantry set to 600),they leave the garrisoned positions in town,and head out to the mountains where there is no buildings,and the group is hugely dispersed.As in two members will be 400 meters away from main group,and main group are running around like headless chickens hahaha seemingly searching for buildings,finding them,spending about 30seconds inside,and relocating,in aware mode.

I know your description says groups search for other positions at times but what im seeing dosent look like whats intended

It seems that for me at least,the squad leader of the group starts patrolling alone most of the time.While the other members garrison.if i kill the leader,the next leader starts the patroll on same WP.

Hello there!

Thank you mate for a great addon!

I read that there is a way to set the placement radios for patrol or garrison.. but i couldn't find how.

Can you please help me with that?

thank you!

Edited by -FusioN-

@ redarmy check your inbox. ;)

@ fusioN ahhh Its not with Garrisoning, But I'll look into adding this next release. Patrol however is in your userConfigs which you will have to Download off BIS my 1st page or Armaholic.

Copy and paste userconfig folder from RAR file and place it in you main Arma 3 directory. In your userConfigs you will see

///////////// Use these to set how far you want men, Vehicles suchs as tanks and car, and CAS to patrol\\\\\\\\\

AISS_P_Men = 200;
AISS_P_Ground = 600;
AISS_P_CAS = 1200;

AISS_P_Men_Min = 50;
AISS_P_Ground_Min = 100;
AISS_P_CAS_Min = 200;

Or you can place those in your mission init.sqf file after a sleep of about 7 seconds.

Those should set your patrols how you like them. ;)

@Mikey tnx for the fast replay.

Me and my clan (IsrTG) checking the option to add the addon into our mod pack.

Example mission:

lmk0k

A.If i add the config to the init.sqf last.. because i want to load first our gear and other scripts, its gonna make problems?

B.Its gonna be great if you add the Garrisoning and Patrol to work with marker (maybe in the config you can edit the marker name) its going to be Mega!

C. Another option is maybe to give the option that units will patrol only on road

Except those things the Addon is great,and i think we gonna add him soon,Thank you again!

@ LSD_Timewarp82 lol it would make for very short patrols

@Fusion 1) shouldn't cause problems

2) tried that once got some bad feedBack. But may re add it in future. Module basically works same way.... I may use postition module instead of unit for next update.

3) may can pull that off.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Hey Mikey.

we are using MCC and AISS taking control of the enemy that we are putting with Zeus/3D editor and they are doing what ever they want too..

any way to disable that?

If i am creating a mission with the Editor i want to use AISS but not public missions.

in user configs set

AISS_Module = 1; //// 1 tells AISS you want to use AISS2 Module to start AISS2. 0 AISS2 will start automatically.

;)

Is anyone having issues with squads leader seperating from the group?not leaving group,but remaining in one position while rest of squad moves to engage

Try something turn off AISS and all other AI mods try to put group in same situation and see what happens?

I PMed you mikey.

Actually maybe worded it wrong,squad leader doesnt leave group,he stays in group but sits at initial location once in combat mode,while rest of group disperses into small teams of two to three men,and follow different paths to engage enemy.

Is that an effect of the mod for groups to form small teams?I didnt see that in documentation.Just wanna make sure.

And yes i have tried vanilla without aiss also,this behaviour im mentioning isnt arising

yup it wasnt meant to be originally but I know whats causing this. Yes it is AISS and I have left it in there. It makes you watch your flanks way more intensely imho.

yup it wasnt meant to be originally but I know whats causing this. Yes it is AISS and I have left it in there. It makes you watch your flanks way more intensely imho.

Thought so! I personally like it man,i just watched a few squads through thermals coming over a ridge line and Putting the F back in flank;) Was f##k"n awesome and oh my,how it really does make the player issue orders to his group to cover the flanks.

Seeing two groups in combat mode moving on that ridge spread out about 300meters made things look,sound and feel alot more like war.No more diamond like formation cannon foder AI.

Great stuff

Thanks, better lucky than good ;)

So you "stumbled" on it.

Id say that was a lucky stumble.Hope that feature can remain there through the future.Speaking as someone who has exhausted every AI mod,i can say this feature,lucky or not,vastly changes the engagement norms,unlike other mods to date.Squads of AI actually splitting into smaller teams,and moving to attck with good coordination,then regrouping after....

Simulating a squad leader assigning teams like a human player.

Iv been testing with large squads(16-25) and the results are excellent.I use a few big squads,as opposed to alot of small sized squads for CPU usage and to keep the FPS reasonable,thus this feature works great for large conflict scenarios.

May be worth putting this feature in description mikey,its actually game changing

Small bug to report again,just a little issue i think you might look at.

The clean up script:

Issue is that when unit dies around water(unit died on a pier), After the unit sinks into the ground,a huge fountain affect rises up(frame killer when looking at the particles;) )

I used to use a trigger to clean up with this code:

{ if (!alive _x) then { deletevehicle _x } } foreach (nearestObjects [player, ["Man"], 12000]); cleared the whole map and when unit deleted,they dissapear,not sink into ground.Just for man not veihicle.Any way to get those affects into the script.

Would be hilarious having a beach assault go ary and have a backdrop of a hundred fountains ;)

Is it just me or do the dead soldiers despawn quicker now? I'm not sure if there's some kind of conflict or if it's this mod, any ideas? I mean this is a good mod but it kinda sucks when you go back to a dead soldier hoping to find ammo and hes no longer there..

Is it just me or do the dead soldiers despawn quicker now? I'm not sure if there's some kind of conflict or if it's this mod, any ideas? I mean this is a good mod but it kinda sucks when you go back to a dead soldier hoping to find ammo and hes no longer there..

you can change despawn time in the config.Do me a favour while your at it will ya?Change the setting to whatever time u like for soldier to despawn,kill a unit on a beach who is stood in water,or any surface where water is underneath,and kill said soldier.Tell me if you see a massive fountain of water spurring up.As my post above yrs says,i found an issue with that,wanna make sure its not just on my end before mikey takes time to look at it.

would appreciate it ;)

Noted adding a distance modifier to balance that out and also RedArmy adding an if surfaceiswater modifier too. ;)

Noted adding a distance modifier to balance that out and also RedArmy adding an if surfaceiswater modifier too. ;)

Ah im kinda getting used to my fun at the beach mikey,no rush ;)

Also mikey does AISS make ai fire RPGs at each other now??

Didnt see it in documentation,but witnessed a unit twice fire RPG rounds at infantry

Edited by redarmy

yyyyuppp!!! ;)Well thats just in the version I sent you to test. Its not officially released. Same with tanks they will fire mainguns too. ssshhhhhh!!!! ;)

Merry Christmas to all on BIS forums!!! :) AISS update will be pushed back. I've got things working I like but still not release ready as of yet. Should be soon though. :)