tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

And if we ever get ships (Cruise ships, Carriers) those will go great with TPW boats!

A man can hope. Come on BIS.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Sounds like Grand Theft Altis.

Or Grand Theft Arma!

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Was making sure everything was all clear after a firefight today, as a civ vehicle pulled up behind me. I figured he could wait on me. I have a gun, so if he's in a hurry, he'll just have to cope with it. But then he starts interupting me by honking every so often. My patience for him ran out soon after, so I shot him in the face. Problem solved... Till he promptly started honking again through death. I had to send that whole damn fuel truck on a fiery ride to hell before I could continue my work in peace.

Also, TPW I found on latest version a burning vehicle gave me the option to commandeer it. It went away after the flame went out.

Also, TPW I found on latest version a burning vehicle gave me the option to commandeer it. It went away after the flame went out.

Fixed mate, thanks for the heads up

Also, the other day I noticed that if you killed a civilian and got in his vehicle without commandeering, it'd have the option then still as well. Not sure if you've fixed it since then.

Also, the other day I noticed that if you killed a civilian and got in his vehicle without commandeering, it'd have the option then still as well. Not sure if you've fixed it since then.

Yep this will be fixed in today's release too.

Good news, I've got animal dispersion working well (enough). They spawn further from roads, but if they do encounter a vehicle will move away from it.

I'd be happy to incorporate the code if you are happy to share.

-As per armed civilian response

Woops -put my foot in the old mouth there. Sorry ,I'm a horribad coder and was merely going to have civilians spawn armed with guns once the Civilian Kill Count was run. Then, add a simple distance check if the player gets too close to one of those guys -they switch sides and mumble a threat. I've done all these things separately before in hack code but would never be able to produce you something clean and publishable enough :o

Created video featuring TPW/WW/Firefight in the WW thread :)

Edited by froggyluv

TPW MODS v20130925: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20130925.zip

Changes:

[CARS 1.17] Destroyed cars can no longer beep horns. Damaged cars or cars with no drivers can not be commandeered. Cars will be removed if too far from roads.

[AIR 1.15] Maximum aircraft in air at any given time can be specified.

[LOS 1.06] Now disabled by default.

[ANIMALS 1.15] Animals spawn further from roads. Animals will disperse from nearby vehicles.

Please update your TPW_MODS.hpp file

// AIR

tpw_air_active = 1; // 0 = inactive

tpw_air_delay = 10; // delay before flybys start (sec)

tpw_air_time = 300; // maximum time between flybys

tpw_air_max = 2; // maximum aircraft at a given time

The biggest change is the animal dispersal code. Animals should spawn further from roads, but if they do happen to wander onto roads they will move away from any vehicles (including the player's) that approach within 20m. I was not able to do this using move commands, but had to use a string of setpos commands which while not 100% smooth, at least work. It will take up to 10 sec for animals to begin moving away from a vehicle so be patient.

-As per armed civilian response

Woops -put my foot in the old mouth there. Sorry ,I'm a horribad coder and was merely going to have civilians spawn armed with guns once the Civilian Kill Count was run. Then, add a simple distance check if the player gets too close to one of those guys -they switch sides and mumble a threat. I've done all these things separately before in hack code but would never be able to produce you something clean and publishable enough :o

Created video featuring TPW/WW/Firefight in the WW thread :)

Ive tried not so successfully to implement this cool script, it was made for Arma 2 and made to work in A3

v.*925 noted:

If the civs were made to always avoid combat areas, the world could really be populated by civs and their cars. In towns for example they could be made to disappear inside buildings so that we don't see ghost towns anymore. :)

Ahm... I read in the notes the LOS 1.06 is the current V but the engine reports 1.04 is loaded, sure about the file?

EDIT: The radio chatter being so good I went to look for some suitable stuff on youtube and there's a lot. Some inputs:

<-- checked gk1 to gk4 and they seem suitable.

/
<-- COD

<-- from aircraft carrier (he's right in the notes, audio goes up n down)

< -- from NAM.

Easy to convert to .mp3 if you want I can help you with that

Edited by GShock

yes, MOAR radio chatter plz :D

I hope to hear more military radio chatter, as hearing the current chatter talking about car accidents makes me feel a cop :P

Please do not use actual battle chatter though. :D

Yay!

Hi TPW,

I'm not sure if it has been reported until now, but TPW_EBS causes a problem with vehicle crew.

If you try the tank showcase, you can see that the Merkava's crew bail out at first hit by 23 mm to seek cover. I tried to disable "seek cover for AI" but they prone inside the tank anyway so they bail out too. I noticed also that infantry in guard tower when suppressed jump out the hatches and damage themselves.

Besides, great mods, love them ! :)

There is no way to express how much your Mods, Tao's and WW's enhance gameplay and atmosphere. Showcase infantry, after a prolonged firefight along the valley (no more idiotic dashing thorugh) I took cover behind a dead enemy, only to find out me and the medic were the only ones left alive. I get command, and all by itself the remaining AI decides to start a bounding overwatch manuever, dashing from cover to cover one at a time to reach the village.

All of this with dogs barking in the distance, and animals flocking around.

Yay!

Good news regarding animals. In today's patch notes they mentioned that animals will try to stay away form roads now.

TPW CARS + Jester's Showcase = moving targets. :D

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi TPW,

I'm not sure if it has been reported until now, but TPW_EBS causes a problem with vehicle crew.

If you try the tank showcase, you can see that the Merkava's crew bail out at first hit by 23 mm to seek cover. I tried to disable "seek cover for AI" but they prone inside the tank anyway so they bail out too. I noticed also that infantry in guard tower when suppressed jump out the hatches and damage themselves.

Besides, great mods, love them ! :)

Hmmm, shouldn't be happening because suppresskion is not applied to units in vehicles. Can you try it with debugging on and tell me if you see shells around units in tanks.

The dogs barking is simply brilliant! Such a tiny thing but adds so much to the ambiance. Great job, man! :)

Hey TPW, have you already delt with the "Hive Mind" behavior of the ArmA3 AI? MrFlay had already warned us ´bout this and wrote a SP Hack script to disable it, so we could make stealth mission (impossible as it was, cause if you attack one sentry, all the other mystically became aware of your presence and the alarm was triggered)...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ight=Hive+Mind

If not, this could be a huge improvement in the ArmA3 AI ;D

cheers!

v.*925 noted:

If the civs were made to always avoid combat areas, the world could really be populated by civs and their cars. In towns for example they could be made to disappear inside buildings so that we don't see ghost towns anymore. :)

Ahm... I read in the notes the LOS 1.06 is the current V but the engine reports 1.04 is loaded, sure about the file?

EDIT: The radio chatter being so good I went to look for some suitable stuff on youtube and there's a lot. Some inputs:

<-- checked gk1 to gk4 and they seem suitable.

/
<-- COD

<-- from aircraft carrier (he's right in the notes, audio goes up n down)

< -- from NAM.

Easy to convert to .mp3 if you want I can help you with that

yes, MOAR radio chatter plz :D

I hope to hear more military radio chatter, as hearing the current chatter talking about car accidents makes me feel a cop :P

Please do not use actual battle chatter though. :D

Yay!

I can try to add more chatter but really you're not mean to listen to the reports of pushbike accidents! It's just there as background ambience.

There is no way to express how much your Mods, Tao's and WW's enhance gameplay and atmosphere. Showcase infantry, after a prolonged firefight along the valley (no more idiotic dashing thorugh) I took cover behind a dead enemy, only to find out me and the medic were the only ones left alive. I get command, and all by itself the remaining AI decides to start a bounding overwatch manuever, dashing from cover to cover one at a time to reach the village.

All of this with dogs barking in the distance, and animals flocking around.

Yay!

Another satisfied customer. Excellent :)

Good news regarding animals. In today's patch notes they mentioned that animals will try to stay away form roads now.

I tested it out and it seems they'll wander onto the road but will cross it quickly rather than lingering. I'm still glad I put in the animal dispersion code!

The dogs barking is simply brilliant! Such a tiny thing but adds so much to the ambiance. Great job, man! :)

Thanks mate.

;2516012']Hey TPW' date=' have you already delt with the "Hive Mind" behavior of the ArmA3 AI? MrFlay had already warned us ´bout this and wrote a SP Hack script to disable it, so we could make stealth mission (impossible as it was, cause if you attack one sentry, all the other mystically became aware of your presence and the alarm was triggered)...

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ight=Hive+Mind[/url]

If not, this could be a huge improvement in the ArmA3 AI ;D

cheers!

No worries, I'll look into it.

I read the 1st post release patch is coming soon, perhaps you might wanna take a break 'till then.

A minor but realistic mod feature with vehicles could take care of the fact you can't switch position in a tank like it's happening now. Gunner and Commander can't switch without getting out and, in any case, neither of the 2 can get to the driver without getting out and vice-versa.

RE: question about the V of the LOS Mod was not answered. Current version being 1.06 but game reports 1.04.

I read the 1st post release patch is coming soon, perhaps you might wanna take a break 'till then.

A minor but realistic mod feature with vehicles could take care of the fact you can't switch position in a tank like it's happening now. Gunner and Commander can't switch without getting out and, in any case, neither of the 2 can get to the driver without getting out and vice-versa.

RE: question about the V of the LOS Mod was not answered. Current version being 1.06 but game reports 1.04.

Your concern for my welfare is touching :) I'm always on the latest dev branch, there shouldn't be any surprises in the release patch.

The LOS version is just me forgetting to update the version string. It is actually 1.06 (just tiny code cleanups, no functionality changes).

Can I install mod seperately? by not installing txt file in Doc?

If I understand you correctly: the bare minimum to get the addon to function is the addons directory and everything in it, and the TPW_MODS.hpp. docs are only there for info purposes, scripts are for if you'd like to run each mod via script instead of automatically via addon.

I tried the Combined Arms showcase mission again with CBA3, TPW, WWAICOVER and JRSS .75 Alpha (question: do these mods need to be put in a specific up/down order?).

The hit on the FPS, when compared to the vanilla is heavy and since sliding down the details doesn't help, I suppose either the settings of the mods are not that sensible (to my rig) or that there might be a problem with the AI impacting on the CPU.

The AI is a bit reckless but it compensates with instant reaction times and great accuracy at elite level. Since I've been trying w/wout mods the same missions over and over again I can say the WWAICOVER/TPW doesn't seem to help that much against reckless acting but so far this is open ground combat maybe it does in areas with buildings. If you camp you're sure to have the AI come at you in the open for an easier shot and I am really not sure the pro/cons are in favor right now at least on my machine. I am sure instead the "ambient" part of the mod is absolutely awesome (lights, sounds, civs, animals, etc).

Alas a red pickup showed up on the road leading to the enemy base coming the opposite way towards us, an AI platoon ahead of me was right there and the vehicle ran over one of the soldiers of that platoon, killing him. :)

A thing I meant to ask you about possible improvement in realism is the management of clips being replaced when reloading.

Theoretically, when you hit R that clip should be used up, any bullets remaining should really be lost along with the clip. I am afraid they aren't and the remaining bullets of each clip you used are all added to the final clip (saw a reload going from 4 clips remaining to 5 clips remaining that's why I suspect this is happening).

Another thing is with the switch between single and auto fire. There is no "click" sound or animation. Granted the animation is not that important but the click sound would be a nice thing.

Surprisingly, the HUD even in Elite tells you the number of bullets you still have in the loaded magazine, that's something that might need a look to find a good compromise between realism and gaming needs (you would take it out, weigh and assess how many bullets remain inside but surely you can't read it on a display) ;)

Plenty of work to do... I've seen helicopters doing crazy angles... not sure what is to be patched and what can instead be modded but having a helo that angles vertical to slow down or accelerate is crazy. Can't believe at 3rd episode BI still hasn't got the hang of at least a minimally credible flight model for helos. :)

Another thing is with the switch between single and auto fire. There is no "click" sound or animation. Granted the animation is not that important but the click sound would be a nice thing.

Totally agree...this would be awesome! :D