tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

20 hours ago, tpw said:

I've updated the installer in the download, so all good there. Test it out if you like.

It makes no difference to the Steam version, which is just installed into !Workshop by Steam, no need for any installer.

BNE represent yo

REPRESENT!!!

First: Installer tested - still an issue with an error being thrown. Now it's at the deleting files stage and we get the clean warning but it's triggered in that pesky userconfig section. IE, the files are removed. Sent you the fix - check your messages.

Second: DOH!!! I didn't really think it through wrt to Steam, did I??? Bloody obvious really ... 🤤

I

Edited by maqim
Accidental quadruple post due to stupid Captcha weirdness

hate

Edited by maqim

captchas

Edited by maqim

18 hours ago, RabidStoat said:

I take it those of us who have had the hpp perma-tabbed in Notepad++ will need to start from scratch recreating our settings in cba, there's no cross-compatibility?

Think of it this way, it'll take you far less time recreating them than it took me to write the bloody CBA settings :)

In all seriousness I think importing all the settings in from a hpp is above my pay grade as a coder, my code is like the proverbial dancing bear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, maqim said:

REPRESENT!!!

First: Installer tested - still an issue with an error being thrown. Now it's at the deleting files stage and we get the clean warning but it's triggered in that pesky userconfig section. IE, the files are removed. Sent you the fix - check your messages.

Second: DOH!!! I didn't really think it through wrt to Steam, did I??? Bloody obvious really ... 🤤

You're a legend. My DOS programming abilities are even worse than my SQF!

PS Your avatar gave me PTSD - I got swooped by one of those bastards riding to work today.

3 hours ago, tpw said:

PS Your avatar gave me PTSD - I got swooped by one of those bastards riding to work today.

Didn't think of that. Sorry. I'm an insensitive bastard sometimes.

But they sing sooooo beautifully ...

PS It's not a sport related thing, just so ya know. It's about the singing.

• Haha 1

TPW MODS 20210911: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.ziphttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

Changes:

• [SKIRMISH 1.58] Skirmish units will move towards and attempt to revive dead squadmates.

One of my pet peeves with Arma3 AI (and there are many it's true) is that they just ignore and abandon their fallen colleagues in a way that no modern fighting force does. I've actually had some scripting that I've been using for a while to overcome this, and have finally deemed it worth of inclusion. Any AI spawned by TPW SKIRMISH will now move towards their fallen squadmates and will attempt to "revive" them. Revived squaddies are actually spawned replacements, with exactly the same properties as the dead unit they replace, and will rejoin the squad to fight on, albeit with reduced health. About 50% of the time the fallen AI cannot be revived, and will be placed in a body bag instead. This functionality actually makes AI engagements a lot more believable and interesting (IMHO).

I've also updated TPW Uniforms with less garish AMP, and a totally reworked generic multicam.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/helo0iad53pxv46/TPW_UNIFORMS.ziphttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581537651    

PS 4000 downloads of TPW MODS, and 700 downloads of TPW UNIFORMS on Steam. Thanks everyone for their support! 

• Like 7

Being an Aussie, Thank you very much for the Australian Uniforms....

4 hours ago, Rockapes said:

Being an Aussie, Thank you very much for the Australian Uniforms....

Thanks mate. I'm only down the road from the Enoggera army barracks, and it's always irritated me that none of the ADF uniforms in Arma look much like what I see on the personnel nearly every day.      

• Like 2

Did you go to the Enoggera Open Day, was a blast seeing the Tiger, tanks, AFV etc and speaking to the guys. 

Massi did an Australian version I quite liked but tbh I have no idea how "Accurate" it is..lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockapes said:

Did you go to the Enoggera Open Day, was a blast seeing the Tiger, tanks, AFV etc and speaking to the guys. 

Massi did an Australian version I quite liked but tbh I have no idea how "Accurate" it is..lol

It's actually very difficult making "accurate" uniforms in Arma, so I'm not dissing anyone else's efforts. I see ADF people all the time, but it's not like I can ask them to pose for reference snaps! AMCU looks very different new vs faded and photographs very differently according to the light. Depending on the pix you're looking at it can incredibly different, so hard to find a baseline. I tried to make my camo as a happy medium between super saturated out of the pack looking and completely worn and dusty with almost no pattern contrast. I also tried hard to make it work across a variety of A3 lighting configs and times of day, which can radically change its look. And lastly I tried to make it work using A3 and mod uniform and gear assets, very few of which really look like contemporary ADF gear. The result is a bit of a compromise which probably doesn't really please anyone!

I didn't get to the open day, wouldn't mind going though.

• Like 1

Nah, looks nice mate.

Was an awesome day, you should definitely go if they have another one

• Like 1

My apologies in advance as I am sure this is covered somewhere but I have not found it w/ Google, Forum search or support docs. Prob right in front of me.

How do I create an area (like around my airport) that excludes TPW effects. Potentially disruptive effects like traffic, animals, civis.
I love them everywhere else. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, Need-To-Know said:

My apologies in advance as I am sure this is covered somewhere but I have not found it w/ Google, Forum search or support docs. Prob right in front of me.

How do I create an area (like around my airport) that excludes TPW effects. Potentially disruptive effects like traffic, animals, civis.
I love them everywhere else. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

From the " readme with installation and usage instructions" in the first post, you can place a trigger over the area to exclude and disable the modules as below.

ASSIGNING TPW MODS TO DIFFERENT PARTS OF A MAP
==============================================
The following variables can be used to activate/inactivate the various TPW MODS ambient life behaviours whilst the game is running:

- tpw_animal_active = true/false
- tpw_boat_active = true/false
- tpw_car_active = true/false
- tpw_civ_active = true/false
- tpw_compress_active = true/false
- tpw_crowd_active = true/false
- tpw_duck_active = true/false
- tpw_fire_active = true/false
- tpw_firefly_active = true/false
- tpw_fog_active = true/false
- tpw_furniture_active = true/false
- tpw_houselights_active = true/false
- tpw_park_active = true/false
- tpw_radio_active = true/false
- tpw_repair_active = true/false
- tpw_sanity_active = true/false
- tpw_skirmish_active = true/false
- tpw_soap_active = true/false
- tpw_streetlights_active = true/false
- tpw_zombies_active = true/false

For example, setting tpw_animal_active=false in the debug shell will prevent new animals from spawning (but won't remove existing animals). This behaviour can be automated using triggers. 

Let's say you want to exclude all ambient life stuff from a 5km x 5km northeast corner of Altis. In the editor create a rectangular 5000x5000 trigger (but of course it can be any shape, size and angle you require), place it over the appropriate northeast area of the map, and set it thusly:

Type: None
	Activation: BLUFOR, repeatedly,present
	Condition: vehicle player in thislist && time > 10;
	On act. : tpw_animal_active = false;tpw_boat_active=false;tpw_car_active = false;tpw_civ_active = false;tpw_civ_active = false;tpw_firefly_active = false;tpw_houselights_active = false;tpw_park_active = false;tpw_radio_active = false;tpw_skirmish_active = false; tpw_soap_active = false; tpw_streetlights_active = false
	On dea. : tpw_animal_active = true;tpw_boat_active=true;tpw_car_active = true;tpw_civ_active = true;tpw_civ_active = false;tpw_firefly_active = true; tpw_houselights_active = true;tpw_park_active = true;tpw_radio_active = true;tpw_soap_active = true; tpw_skirmish_active = true;tpw_streetlights_active = true

• Like 1

I'd like when I kill civilians or am in their house when they die (effectively using them as human shields) for enemy to get spawned troops to stir up the hornets nest, as it were.  I'm thinking maybe even compounding, so the second civilian would cause 2X the enemy spawn amount, third civilian 3X, etc.  With that, I would probably deactivate the failing of missions from a certain number of civilian deaths. Instead, me being careless would make my mission harder and less likely to be successful.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:01 PM, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20210911: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.ziphttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

Changes:

• [SKIRMISH 1.58] Skirmish units will move towards and attempt to revive dead squadmates.

One of my pet peeves with Arma3 AI (and there are many it's true) is that they just ignore and abandon their fallen colleagues in a way that no modern fighting force does. I've actually had some scripting that I've been using for a while to overcome this, and have finally deemed it worth of inclusion. Any AI spawned by TPW SKIRMISH will now move towards their fallen squadmates and will attempt to "revive" them. Revived squaddies are actually spawned replacements, with exactly the same properties as the dead unit they replace, and will rejoin the squad to fight on, albeit with reduced health. About 50% of the time the fallen AI cannot be revived, and will be placed in a body bag instead. This functionality actually makes AI engagements a lot more believable and interesting (IMHO).

I've also updated TPW Uniforms with less garish AMP, and a totally reworked generic multicam.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/helo0iad53pxv46/TPW_UNIFORMS.ziphttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2581537651    

PS 4000 downloads of TPW MODS, and 700 downloads of TPW UNIFORMS on Steam. Thanks everyone for their support! 

I have not bothered with manual mods yet.  Can you add this as a checkbox in the skirmish section of the Steam TPW mod?  A little bit of random enemy spawning, this idea of yours here with them trying to help the fallen, and additional spawning caused by killing civilians as I previously requested would seem to bring a lot to existing otherwise-stale missions.  EDIT: According to your Steam change-log, this is already added.

Oh, I have one other question for you: do we need a separate zombie module to get yours working?  I thought yours was working, but it turned out it was one of the other two causing zombies when I uninstalled two other zombie mods.  Your zombie section alone seems to spawn no zombies that I can tell.

I'm using the Steam version of the mod, trying to exclude vanilla vehicles from spawning as part of the CARS and PARK modules (because it's pretty immersion-breaking to be driving through Vietnam and suddenly have a modern hatchback pull out in front of you!) I've successfully managed to exclude the vanilla vehicles from PARK, I'm only seeing the bikes and jeeps that come with SOG spawning there, but CARS is proving a more difficult one. Every vehicle CARS spawns currently is an orange Zamak truck- I appear to have managed to exclude all the other vehicles for the most part. However, when I specifically excluded the Zamaks, suddenly I began to see the generic Trucks again. I'm at a loss at this point as to what I need to do, aside from going through and blacklisting every single vanilla classname. I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the blacklist, or if this is a bug. I'll spoiler my current blacklist (which allows the Zamaks somehow) below.

Spoiler

c_tractor, c_heli, c_van, c_uav, c_boat, c_offroad, c_quadbike, c_truck, c_hatchback, c_suv, suv, c_kart, c_plane, b_heli, b_uav, b_ctrg, vtol, b_plane, o_heli, o_uav, o_plane, i_heli, i_uav, i_plane, idap, c_truck_02

@Reticuli thanks for the input.

Ok the easy question first: you need Max Zombies active for TPW ZOMBIES to work.

Now the hard question: CIVS/CROWD and SKIRMISH are pretty much completely separate systems, so aspects of your request would be non-trivial to say the least. My civs are really meant to be eye candy,  they actually disperse and stop spawning once the bullets start flying. They cannot be revived if killed, and they don't move towards other fallen civs. Crowd civs are even simpler, if injured or killed they simply despawn once you don't have line of sight to them. So making them part of the actual battle scenario is a little tricky and would require a substantial rework of a fair bit of code. That said, increasing enemy squad numbers in response to civ deaths is not too problematic, I'll look into it.

@osterizer8Thanks for the heads up. Diving into the code I can see that for CARS, the trucks/vans are a separate list that doesn't get filtered by the exclusion list. I've amended this and will release a fix soon. In the mean time, if you type

hint str tpw_car_carlist

what do you see?

9 minutes ago, tpw said:

@Reticuli thanks for the input.

Ok the easy question first: you need Max Zombies active for TPW ZOMBIES to work.

Now the hard question: CIVS/CROWD and SKIRMISH are pretty much completely separate systems, so aspects of your request would be non-trivial to say the least. My civs are really meant to be eye candy,  they actually disperse and stop spawning once the bullets start flying. They cannot be revived if killed, and they don't move towards other fallen civs. Crowd civs are even simpler, if injured or killed they simply despawn once you don't have line of sight to them. So making them part of the actual battle scenario is a little tricky and would require a substantial rework of a fair bit of code. That said, increasing enemy squad numbers in response to civ deaths is not too problematic, I'll look into it.

@osterizer8Thanks for the heads up. Diving into the code I can see that for CARS, the trucks/vans are a separate list that doesn't get filtered by the exclusion list. I've amended this and will release a fix soon. In the mean time, if you type

hint str tpw_car_carlist

what do you see?

You should know that the new Viet Nam DLC is not intended for single player, and I suspect the code contained therein makes TPW more difficult.

Because of their code I can't spawn units through the groups strings in the group lists.

1 minute ago, badanov said:

Because of their code I can't spawn units through the groups strings in the group lists.

Hmmm, SKIRMISH has no problems spawning Prairiefire groups. This is what I use:

["vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_army","vn_b_men_sog","vn_b_men_lrrp","vn_b_men_cidg"], // friendly custom strings "b_patrol","adf_*_d",
["vn_o_men_nva","vn_o_men_vc"], // enemy custom strings
["vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_army","vn_i_men_ranger","vn_i_men_sf"],	// resistance custom strings

What settings are you using mate?