tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

Anybody else having issues with the hud, I’ve been messing with it all day and it’s not working, was just fine last time I played 

hey mate,

I recently had an issue with the hud not working when i was trying to set up a hud only config. Here's what I discovered:

If you have the TMP display enabled and you disable FOG the hud will fail to display. TMP gets its info from FOG. 

If you remove TMP from the hud then it will show up while FOG is disabled..

So the options seem to be:

If you want the TMP displayed you must also run FOG otherwise no HUD at all even though it loads.

If you don’t want to run FOG but you still want the HUD then you have to disable the TMP display in the HUD. 

Not sure if I’ve explained this clearly and not sure if this is your issue, but hope it helps.

Hello friend,
This mod has been discontinued for a long time, can you contact the new author to be added to the TPW mod? 

This mod adds the sound of vehicles exploding, shards of debris and the sound of soldiers being burned when exiting a tank. (increase the actual experience for TPW mod)
It is crashing so only heard when using Zeus view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ducphuli said:

Hello friend,
This mod has been discontinued for a long time, can you contact the new author to be added to the TPW mod? 

This mod adds the sound of vehicles exploding, shards of debris and the sound of soldiers being burned when exiting a tank. (increase the actual experience for TPW mod)

Not discontinued. You can find it here

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:11 AM, maqim said:

hey mate,

I recently had an issue with the hud not working when i was trying to set up a hud only config. Here's what I discovered:

If you have the TMP display enabled and you disable FOG the hud will fail to display. TMP gets its info from FOG. 

If you want the TMP displayed you must also run FOG otherwise no HUD at all even though it loads.

If you don’t want to run FOG but you still want the HUD then you have to disable the TMP display in the HUD. 

Not sure if I’ve explained this clearly and not sure if this is your issue, but hope it helps.

Thanks kind sir, I’ll look into it immediately!

EDIT: Fixed! I'll release the updated TPW MODS this weekend most likely

• Like 2

9 hours ago, badanov said:

Not discontinued. You can find it here

Cheers mate. I’m not really keen on absorbing other mods into mine.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ducphuli said:

Hello friend,

Yeah thats a huge mod that effects ALOT of infantry variables -just getting it to play nice with current day Arma would be a task let alone trying to incorporate (i doubt snkman would appreciate it either)

PiR's suicide is still getting me, but turning instant death for me off helps slightly.

My current mod list that I'm still working out the bugs for.  TPW is essential to it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMjgj4mtEF89RvGmwwuet9RyhxO15ysE/view?usp=sharing

I would love to also see walking crouched, Enhanced Movement, and injury/healing use up stamina more.  And more adverse consequences to suppressors, with stealth suppressors having particular quirks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reticuli said:

I would love to also see walking crouched, Enhanced Movement, and injury/healing use up stamina more.  

I'll have a look into this one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks kind sir, I’ll look into it immediately!

EDIT: Fixed! I'll release the updated TPW MODS this weekend most likely

Hey tpw,

Awesome! Wasn't sure if it was intended behaviour or what, or whether to bring it up. I know that the HLT display doesn't care if Bleedout is loaded or not.

Anyways, GYSGTTALOR's post seemed like it might be related to this thing. I was scratching my head for a couple of weeks and then decided to dig into the mod folder properly - you know, actually READ the provided documentation for a start!!!! That gave me the necessary clue.

I also discovered how customisable the HUD is - still trying to get my head around the positioning, but I managed to reorganise the module layout to my personal preference. I must say that I was looking at the Y positions of the modules and thinking to myself, "Why are the columns positioned to the right the same X but slightly different Y values for each row?" ... Then my head exploded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!! People just don't realise how much thought has gone into this, I suspect. Hats off to you, sir :respekt:

PS, and this is JUST the HUD we're talking about ... mind-boggling 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Reticuli said:

I would love to also see walking crouched, Enhanced Movement, and injury/healing use up stamina more.  And more adverse consequences to suppressors, with stealth suppressors having particular quirks.

I'd be careful here, as the beauty of TPW is that it allows modularity AND compatibility (even if it's guaranteed) with other mods.  I have Prarie Fire running whenever I play currently, so it takes over some things, including the stamina, which is significantly more strict than default Arma or TPW.  To get a double-whammy of both PF and TPW would be an issue for me in game-play.

If it was either scalable or toggle-able, then of course, it's good to have options, but not sure how much work that is for tpw.

32 minutes ago, gatordev said:

I'd be careful here, as the beauty of TPW is that it allows modularity AND compatibility (even if it's guaranteed) with other mods.  I have Prarie Fire running whenever I play currently, so it takes over some things, including the stamina, which is significantly more strict than default Arma or TPW.  To get a double-whammy of both PF and TPW would be an issue for me in game-play.

If it was either scalable or toggle-able, then of course, it's good to have options, but not sure how much work that is for tpw.

The way he's currently doing it, though, you can deactivate parts of TPW.  I do that with like bleeding, falling, and/or one of the others so that it doesn't interfere with PiR.  And if I'm in a mission I don't want zombie versions of opfor (like Aliens' xenomorphs) or too many baddies spawning because it's already overwhelming, then I turn off those sections, too.  When I played some Terminator missions, I had to go in and get rid of civilians, soap, parking, etc, because everyone's supposed to be either living in sewers or, you know, terminated.

Oh, and if there's some way you can give us the ability to change your Compress threshold value, that would also be useful.  JSRS seems to radically change the overall levels of many sounds, not just gunshots and explosions, meaning that even helos flying nearby can trigger your Compress.  You have the other values adjustable, so really just threshold is the one missing that would allow me to keep Compess On even when using sound mods.  I can raise the threshold to whatever I want and just just dampen the loudest stuff with it. I do use the Microsoft Windows audio equal loudness feature, which seems to do it after yours and in a multi-track kind of way, it seems, but previous to JSRS I was using both together with great results with 0.15 hold and 0.15 release on yours.   Neat feature you included, as it really does potentially serve as digital ear protection, especially useful with ultra-dynamic sound like JSRS.  With JSRS currently, I cannot even use your Compress all by itself with adjustable threshold missing.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Reticuli said:

Oh, and if there's some way you can give us the ability to change your Compress threshold value, that would also be useful.  JSRS seems to radically change the overall levels of many sounds, not just gunshots and explosions, meaning that even helos flying nearby can trigger your Compress.  You have the other values adjustable, so really just threshold is the one missing that would allow me to keep Compess On even when using sound mods.  I can raise the threshold to whatever I want and just just dampen the loudest stuff with it. I do use the Microsoft Windows audio equal loudness feature, which seems to do it after yours and in a multi-track kind of way, it seems, but previous to JSRS I was using both together with great results with 0.15 hold and 0.15 release on yours.   Neat feature you included, as it really does potentially serve as digital ear protection, especially useful with ultra-dynamic sound like JSRS.  With JSRS currently, I cannot even use your Compress all by itself with adjustable threshold missing.  Thanks.

Compress only simulates compression, it’s not an actual compressor. It only works when someone nearby (within 65m) fires a gun, a firednear event handler then triggers the routines to drop the volume. Nearby explosions won’t trigger it, neither will nearby choppers unless they’re firing. There’s no threshold available because it’s not working off the amplitude of the sample. Someone can fire a silenced gun near you and it will still kick in. 

Weird.  I wonder why it was happening then with the helos going by and JSRS not having anything to do with it. Maybe someone shooting.  I will turn TPW back on and simply reduce the attenuation a little.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:11 AM, maqim said:

hey mate,

Interesting, I did disable my fog so that’s definitely gotta be the fix, thanks man

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

Interesting, I did disable my fog so that’s definitely gotta be the fix, thanks man

No worries. Sounds like tpw has a fix coming very soon, so it won't be an issue in the near future.

TPW MODS 20211001: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h66z72l3ka3w8jf/TPW_MODS.zip  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

Changes:

[BOATS 1.43, CORE 1.89, SOAP 1.66, FOG 1.91] Added Prairiefire Khe Sanh support
[CARS 1.73] Vehicle exclusion properly applied to trucks/vans 
[CROWD 1.23, CIVS 1.66] Added additional option so that killing civs will increase the number of spawned enemy squads in TPW SKIRMISH
[HUD 1.76, FOG 1.90] HUD will now correctly start with the TMP readout disabled if TPW FOG is not enabled  
[SKIRMISH 1.59] Reduced incidence of skirmish units stuck in combat mode after combat is finished. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Got a copyright claim laid on me by youtube for the following song, I resume from your sound ambience:

Was Ist Ist (Extended Version)

Einstürzende Neubauten

Took place in Werferlingen.

Youtube had an option of muting the song, so I took it.

I rather like the ambient music, and I think making a copyright claim on a two song that was displayed as ambience, and not as a concert, is petty on the copyright holder's and lawyer's part.

Still I plan to mute ambient music.

I've never had to deal with these issues before, so, please, forgive me if I sound too shrill about it.

I'm getting a couple of consistent errors when flying around, typically look a bit like these two:

Error in expression < _radius = _this select 1;
_neartrees = tpw_core_trees select {_x distance _pos >
Error position: <tpw_core_trees select {_x distance _pos >
Error Undefined variable in expression: tpw_core_trees
File TPW_MODS\tpw_core.sqf..., line 2563

...or...

Error in expression <lastpos = position player;
};
if (count _trees> 20) then
{
_vol = 1.5;
_rnd = ce>
Error position: <_trees> 20) then
{
_vol = 1.5;
_rnd = ce>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _trees
File TPW_MODS\tpw_soap.sqf..., line 861

Thanks for the continued updates! 👍

15 hours ago, CameronMcDonald said:

I'm getting a couple of consistent errors when flying around, typically look a bit like these two:

I've been getting a lot of errors like this in the last couple of versions, initially the download, and now still in the Steam version.

I'm also getting errors for the various modules of TPW only when I reload a saved mission.  Here are some examples:

if (tpw_fog_breath == 1 && {tpw_fog_temp < tpw_fog_rel50} &>
16:39:41   Error position: <== 1 && {tpw_fog_temp < tpw_fog_rel50} &>
16:39:41   Error Generic error in expression
16:39:41 Error in expression <
if (tpw_animal_crows == 1 && tpw_animal_active && {!tpw_core_>
16:39:41   Error position: <== 1 && tpw_animal_active && {!tpw_core_>
16:39:41   Error Generic error in expression
16:39:43 Error in expression <
if (tpw_animal_crows == 1 && {!(tpw_core_battle)} && {daytime>
16:39:43   Error position: <== 1 && {!(tpw_core_battle)} && {daytime>
16:39:43   Error Generic error in expression
16:39:45 Error in expression <hicle player];
if (tpw_sanity_affectall == 0) then
{
tpw_sanity_vehicles = tpw_s>
16:39:45   Error position: <== 0) then
{
tpw_sanity_vehicles = tpw_s>
16:39:45   Error Generic error in expression
16:39:47 Error in expression <ealeh",1];
};

All of these popped up after restarting a saved mission, but this happens every time.  I can try to repair the install, now that I'm using the Steam version, as I don't think I had this issue before switching. 

Thanks for the various reports guys, I’ll look into them. @badanov sorry that YouTube’s overzealous copyright algorithm got to you. To be honest I knew it was just a matter of time, that algorithm is pretty intense. You can’t reason with it. Eventually I’ll probably have to remove ambient music altogether. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks for the various reports guys, I’ll look into them. @badanov sorry that YouTube’s overzealous copyright algorithm got to you. To be honest I knew it was just a matter of time, that algorithm is pretty intense. You can’t reason with it. Eventually I’ll probably have to remove ambient music altogether. 

It's not like your character in the middle of a firefight is gonna stop and listen to a song, much as he might like to.

Perhaps a solution: instead of playing a few bars of any given song, maybe hear the old fashioned radio tuner scanning radio stations, similar to what you hear during Reservoir Dogs film. Maybe scan between three randomly selected songs or so, less than a bar or two, then a click or static or silence.

Fancy bit of programming to be sure, but it could increase sonic ambience/realism. Same with radio broadcasts of sporting events, news broadcasts and the like. It doesn't always have to be music all the time. I could stand to listen to someone switch between Russian rap, Russian country music and Russian rock, Russian military music for example.

Edited by badanov
Add more suggestions
  • Like 1

Hi chaps

I've been looking into why TPW MODS is not resuming nicely from a save game like it used to. Seems to basically be related to the use of the CBA settings instead of the old HPP file. Sigh. I'm not sure if I'll be able to code a workaround in a timely fashion, but in the mean time I suggest those of you who are TPW MODS + savegame users install Moduload, which will manually allow you to reinitialise the mods after you load a savegame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Hi chaps

I've been looking into why TPW MODS is not resuming nicely from a save game like it used to. Seems to basically be related to the use of the CBA settings instead of the old HPP file. Sigh. I'm not sure if I'll be able to code a workaround in a timely fashion, but in the mean time I suggest those of you who are TPW MODS + savegame users install Moduload, which will manually allow you to reinitialise the mods after you load a savegame. 

So I thought that might have been the answer before I reported it, but the Moduload button is grayed out after I come back from a saved game.  I thought that meant everything is loaded so there's nothing to "reload," but maybe I'm misunderstanding.  I've had Moduload loaded for years now, so it's possible the version I have is out-dated, as well.