Sign in to follow this  
yxman

i want the beta back

just as topic says, performance of beta was way better, full content is identical with dev-beta... wtf bohemia, this game is not "final" ;x

else:

- game is showcase only

- no pure dedicated servers (this is the lol part, no sp campaign > mp only and no pure dedicated server)

- steam content system, why the fuck i have to login with my arma3 steam account to install a "dedicated" server for this game (including my arma3 key)

- no linux server port

- uber poor performance compared to alpha/beta

- few guns/vehicles only _1_ winged aircraft...

there is lot of work to do ;X

For alot of people the performance got way better. There are plenty of dedicated servers. Also, BI has never provided us with any official servers... ever. The campaign is coming in phases. There is still a lot of work to be done, you will just have to be patient. Maybe play another game until the next major patch.

For alot of people the performance got way better. There are plenty of dedicated servers. Also, BI has never provided us with any official servers... ever. The campaign is coming in phases. There is still a lot of work to be done, you will just have to be patient. Maybe play another game until the next major patch.

Yes, lets be patient. Its not like we paid for the game already, and certainly none of us bought the game months before release.

BI should start building/selling cars. That way they can ship the rear doors 4 months after you bought the car and the steering wheel 1 year later. In the mean time, we can hope the aftermarket makes components that work!

Well shit, while you guys are whinging I'm having a great time playing on my group's dedicated server, with some mods that got developed pre-release because of the public alpha/beta. The polished infantry, great graphics and better fps than Arma 2 is fantastic.

I hope bohemia doesn't even respond to threads like these. I bet $200 that you are playing wasteland. I also bet you got interested in arma when Dayz came out. Stop crying about content and stop crying about fps.

Yes, lets be patient. Its not like we paid for the game already, and certainly none of us bought the game months before release.

BI should start building/selling cars. That way they can ship the rear doors 4 months after you bought the car and the steering wheel 1 year later. In the mean time, we can hope the aftermarket makes components that work!

Terrible analogy. As you've said, you already bought the game. Guess what? When the game gets polished... you'll be all set then wont you?

just as topic says,

Use System Restore on your OS, that should get it back ... or maybe not :)

Enjoy living in the past.

i stick with arma2 till arma3 is done, all problems solved.

LOL. Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

What a bunch of whining little children. I'm ecstatic about the release. THANKS BI! Game has come a long way since Alpha! I know there will be patches to enhance performance as well a our phased campaign releases!

Well shit, while you guys are whinging I'm having a great time playing on my group's dedicated server, with some mods that got developed pre-release because of the public alpha/beta. The polished infantry, great graphics and better fps than Arma 2 is fantastic.

Hmmm, you talking about me? Because I am having the exact same experience! No mods though.

Everybody knows the game is not 'Final' and there is still a lot of work to do. We will just have to be patient and see what comes around the corner over the next few weeks.

Terrible analogy. As you've said, you already bought the game. Guess what? When the game gets polished... you'll be all set then wont you?

How about I pay them my money when their product is finished? Crazy concept, I know. It is absurd to pay early for a product and then get something incomplete at launch. The video game industry have been getting away with it more and more as of late. Try that in another industry and see how it works out. And the sad thing is, half the fan boys here actually support the release of an incomplete game. And I am not talking about content, BTW.

What a bunch of whining little children. I'm ecstatic about the release. THANKS BI! Game has come a long way since Alpha! I know there will be patches to enhance performance as well a our phased campaign releases!

It has? What, it doesn't crash every hour? Grenade throwing is just as crappy, the editor saw zero changes. Oh, we did get a few extra incomplete firearms and vehicles with a terrible interface. Some improvements right?

Get of your high horse mr entitled. BIS has a pretty good reputation for giving long support, improving performance and they already said they'll add more content. You and I both know campaign is coming. I paid 25 euros for this game. For me that's 0.04 cent per hour (!!!!!!) and most of that has been spend messing around in the editor. Which other large game allows you to do that? Battlefield? Nope. Cod? Nope (I know people love mentioning Battlefield and CoD here and especially like to mention Arma 3 is just like m.. Ha-ha. Silly people). Skyrim got decent mod tools quite a bit after launch. GTA V that's coming up? Nope, not really. (Also enjoy your payed DLC for all of those). Don't complain so much.

I'm kinda a fan of bohemia but sometimes we have to agree with that protests/jokes

I'm the one who should be crying, at least you guys can play the game, i have to wait to upgrade just to play it, and thats not possible right now.

at least you guys can play the game

That didn't clue you in? That i dont have Arma3, and cannot play it because my computer cannot run it, with OS, and other specs included.

Guess i will let Arma3 sort itself out before I buy it.

Are you running a linux system or is there some other OS that won't run Arma 3?

I have win xp 32 bit, an amd single core 2.6

gpu is 2 nvidia 260's

2 gb ramm

750watt psu

its my single core thats killing me and the fact that Arma3 require win7 or better to run it.

I can run all the other Arma games np. never used lineux, really have no idea what it is other then Apple OS.

Actually, you don't need windows 7 since I run mine on Vista 32 bit. Your 2GB of ram might be hurting you a bit too.

Im not really worried anymore was talking with my buddy this afternoon on steam chat that is helping me out with upgrading,

hes a freelance computer tech, and been so for 15 years.

hes sending me (for free i might add ;))

an I7 http://imageshack.us/a/img546/6668/kdfw.jpg

and some ram http://imageshack.us/a/img842/759/ryxt.jpg 2 sticks though, and a 160 gb hard drive.

as well as windows 7 64 for the hard drive hes sending me.

But in this weekend I will be ordering this motherboard

as that is what he recommended, there were others but they all had bids that were running out of time.

The the other 2 things i will be getting is a new PSU, he recommended 850 for what i will have, atm i have a 750.

then I will be getting a new case to, full tower

So im getting pretty excited!!!

going from a single core, lol to a freaking Quad core, holy snikeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!!

well this is rather the wrong thread to be discussing this as we are getting off topic here, so idk all i can say is that performance can be a number of things,

base on your computer the beta may have run better then the release, but from what im reading other people are saying the release runs much better,

so i think it depends on alot of other factors, like your computer, your settings ingame, if you have other programs running at the same time, ect,.

Actually, you don't need windows 7 since I run mine on Vista 32 bit. Your 2GB of ram might be hurting you a bit too.

...but he needs at least directX10, and that's a no-go on XP. I know there are hacks to implement it to XP, but it is non-sense in my opinion.

Sorry to hear you are stuck on Vista :)

As Günter is already planning his upgrade, he should be fine soon.

Im not really worried anymore was talking with my buddy this afternoon on steam chat that is helping me out with upgrading,

Get a decent rig, you will not regret. Lifecycle of PCs nowadays is pretty long. Especially GPU, because speed is not developing as fast as in the past. E.g., GTX-580/680 still are pretty expensive, and the speed of their successors is not like factor 2x or more as it was in the past.

So if you get a decent rig you will be fine for several years.