Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

That's fantastic!!! can't wait for the update dirty haz!

WOW! Also very excited to hear about the Domination mission!

M1lkm8n sent me over a final review version, I will take a look, ensure the buildings are all factioned/classed/named so mission editors can add them as they please. Not sure how we will handle the building package release, one of the two of us will start a thread and ask around a bit see how they are wanted. Terrain artists requiring the source can contact us directly to ensure no OFPEC tag conflicts.

We may do a 1 to 1 override PBO but that will end up with very poor placement and odd buildings in a LOT of cases, even in Sahrani, M1lkm8n has been very meticulous in his building placements, and any/all notes I leave him are addressed immediately. I almost never run across a misplaced or overlapping object any more. I am also running out of building replacements to suggest, we have gotten nearly ever replaceable building with the open SMD Variants.

I will work on a feature list and graphic showing all the opened buildings.

Terrain Artist, turned modelling lead, M1lkm8n is a one man Arma sweatshop!

Late to this party but can I query, have you updated the original building class names or re-made the map with new classes?

I ask because I was wondering if the revisions (i.e. enter-able buildings) would also be applied to custom ArmA 1 maps that use the original building classes?

Late to this party but can I query, have you updated the original building class names or re-made the map with new classes?

I ask because I was wondering if the revisions (i.e. enter-able buildings) would also be applied to custom ArmA 1 maps that use the original building classes?

The buildings have our smd tag to stop then from overwriting other terrains but yes the plan is to release a stand alone building pack to easily upgrade existing terrains. All of the buildings are inside the dimensions of the originals for that reason.

snip] the plan is to release a stand alone building pack to easily upgrade existing terrains. [snip

That would be really great to have a pack available to place on other terrains.

That would be awesome congrats to your awesome project. It's great to see you guys still caring for ArmA 2.

Thanks

cheers

I am going to work on quickly making the buildings selectable in the editor for anyone who wants to add more in missions etc. Then should be all set for packaging and release.

The buildings have our smd tag to stop then from overwriting other terrains but yes the plan is to release a stand alone building pack to easily upgrade existing terrains. All of the buildings are inside the dimensions of the originals for that reason.

I think it would be wonderful to at some stage see this project become a constituent of All In ArmA. All content from all the ArmAs in the latest engine and updated to the highest achievable content standards along with past player-made maps given a new lease of life by the updated assets.

I am finishing up the configs to make the buildings selectable in the editor for mission makers/modders. This will be built into the smd_sahrani_a2 map package, AND will be released separately for anyone who wants to use just the buildings.

Source for the buildings for terrain editors can be made available upon request.

Should be good for a release this weekend!

We had a few issues that needed to be addressed, and have realized we can not make the buildings selectable in the editor now (or maybe ever).

M1lkm8n got a new build to me this afternoon and I've checked it over, it's good for release so we're going to sign/pack/ul/release it all tomorrow.

Sorry for the delays we were thinking it would have been done for Friday but had a few things that needed fixing/adjusting.

New update out guys! If you haven't tried our version nows the time! New opened buildings and loads of cool things :)

Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Oh and it's configged for the armory now for some added fun.

Congrats on release!

@smd_sahrani_a2.png

CiforDayZServer and M1lkm8n; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

You might want to reconsider the archive you published now. It contains the private key which should never be shared: SMD_Sara_A2.biprivatekey

I wont release this on Armaholic until I hear from you.

Thanks for the heads up, not sure why it didn't delete out, or more importantly, why I didn't check...

I've created a new key, resigned/repacked, and am re-uploading now. Apologies for the slip up!

---------- Post added at 05:18 ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 ----------

New link on the front page should be good to go! Apologies once again for the slip up, and thanks Foxhound for pointing it out!

At last! Congrats on release and thank you for your time working on Arma 2. Time to port "things" now.

So Alice work now?

It should. I did add all the city/city centers and most of our houses are configured for it's use. Let me know if all is working correctly.

It should. I did add all the city/city centers and most of our houses are configured for it's use. Let me know if all is working correctly.

Alice does not work, I think it does not detact any City Center stuff.

Thanks for the update! Really nice job.

Thanks for your (the team) great work and a happy new year to you and all! I am looking forward to the update and for the A3 release too. I did a port of Domination to your fantastic island a while back but left it for ages, I just need to finish off some Side Missions as well as make an extra version with your assets pack then I will share it with all of you! I should be able to get these done by tonight.

Dirty Haz

I know I posted this ages ago but other things and RL stuff got in the way. I will be releasing the Domination port (no longer than two weeks but probably less :D) in a pack.

Versions:

- West

- East

- Carrier

Possible future versions:

- SMD Assets

- PRACS

- ACE

Dirty Haz

Congrats on your release, a mega job this project, its all very much appreciated. Thanks for sharing it.:)

Thanks for the update! Really nice job.

I know I posted this ages ago but other things and RL stuff got in the way. I will be releasing the Domination port (no longer than two weeks but probably less :D) in a pack.

Versions:

- West

- East

- Carrier

Possible future versions:

- SMD Assets

- PRACS

- ACE

Dirty Haz

That's awesome! Can't wait! Let us know if you need anything.

Big thanks for your work. The SLA troops coming home :) and good to know that the shadow bugs are fixed.