Sign in to follow this  
Brain

Dying Light

At first I was like: Mh, yeah nice.

Then I was like: Oh yeah thats cool.

At night I was like: Oh god that's like MISERY.

At the end I was like: OH GOD F*** ME BLOODSUCKERS.

Another game on my list to buy :/ Sadly I bet it's going to be non-moddable.

Mmmm...game creators have lost all imaginations...how many more Z games are we going to suffer ?

Multiplayer and Persistant world etc and it could be a decent game but there is soo many too choose from at the moment in the Z arena

Mmmm...game creators have lost all imaginations...how many more Z games are we going to suffer ?
Like some at school, look at the pal work, then, copy / paste, that's easier. As much as game studios (for a lot) are missing of inspiration and mainly, originality... I guess (I hope I'm wrong!)

After that, I must admit it doesn't look too bad but not exceptional. When I see the gameplay footage, I think at a L4D with less Z, and more interactions... Look at the "boss", don't you think it's similar to a "tank" in L4D?

Edited by tom_48_97

Sooo who else thought "Oh mirrors edge with zombies" based on the animations of the hands from when the player first jumped and landed? But yeah the resemblence to dead island is uncanny to say the least...but hey who knows what will happen.

Edited by NodUnit

Visually it looks pretty stunning but remains to be seen if the story/gameplay will hook me enough to buy it, I did like Dead Island so we'll see :)

I have to say it looks good.

Personally, there wasn't a zombie game which totally packed me:

- STALKER: I love STALKER, for a time when I've been in hospital, STALKER was basically my life. But it's not just zombies and for me important things like building up a community and free house/camp constructions are not in it.

- Dead Island, L4D, Killing Floor and all that stuff: Meh, what ever. No sandbox style, just playing.

- DayZ with various mods: Basically the right concept, great mods. However, IMO the combat just doesnt seem right and still clumpy.

A game which would feature a sandbox, free construction, mod-support, realistic gameplay and all that on the CryEngine would be perfect. I'd totally pay 150€ for it :)

Visually it looks pretty stunning but remains to be seen if the story/gameplay will hook me enough to buy it, I did like Dead Island so we'll see :)

Basicly that^

The zombies looks really nice and i like the combat moves. If the story works and ain't too restricted i can see myself getting this one :)

What was so bad about dead island anywho? I see a lot of people "meh"ing over it, was it the twist towards the end or?

What was so bad about dead island anywho? I see a lot of people "meh"ing over it, was it the twist towards the end or?

I played it on PS3 for a while, never completed it though but i had a lot of fun :)

Yet another Dead Island clone in urban environment instead of tropical one?

Zombies in games are pretty much overused imo, there is a zombie game coming every week.

Yet another Dead Island clone in urban environment instead of tropical one?

Zombies in games are pretty much overused imo, there is a zombie game coming every week.

But zombies make anything better, and everyone will buy anything with zombies, and there is a certain irony in that.

Nothing hits the sweet spot like a zombie apocalypse.Dying Light seems interesting so far.I liked Dead Island very much but Riptide was a cheap cash-in so I hope they don't repeat their mistakes.

Those zombie games from Techland are pretty much like making a merry hooligan rampage in town full of brainless morons. I mean come on... those zombies are really threatening and scary, they pose nothing. The whole gameplay is like Serious Sam goes hand to hand. Techland should really work on it and make an overhaul not just another Dead Island urban edition. Wonder what comes next... Desert, woodland, snow edition as well? They could pull it off as well.

Why don't zombies eat each other? It appears their whole existence is to just stand around waiting for that unaffected person to run around the corner, so if there's no unaffected do they just... Stand around, forever? I never understand the concept, waste of an awesome looking map imho.

Why don't zombies eat each other? It appears their whole existence is to just stand around waiting for that unaffected person to run around the corner, so if there's no unaffected do they just... Stand around, forever? I never understand the concept, waste of an awesome looking map imho.

Don't know man,we haven't experienced a zombie outbreak(yet).When that happens I'll post my findings here in case net still runs.:biggrin_o:

@Sudayev,to an extent they add a few things compared to Dead Island,you can meet other survivors or fight them(from my understanding they're also after the supply caches).More dangerous zombie types on nightfall.Probably they'll let out more info when release date gets near.

Because zombies don't represent zombies, they represent the faceless mob of a consumerist population :)

Being "different" will get you literally eaten by the mob. Witness the media frenzy over some idiot-of-the-month. It goes beyond the obvious and that's what people pick up on, even if it is subconsciously.