Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

A message for all modmakers

Hello fella modmakers

i suggest you only talk about your addon only when finished and released , like kegetys does, so we wont be hoping of something to come out and that never comes out (ie: Vixer's UH-1N)

It's better to talk about your addon when you release it

My opinion smile.gif

ya i totally agree because i always get my hopes up and then they never come out when they say wink.gif

I totally agree, Kegetys has chosen well to do things quiet and without doing things everyone is always requesting. His works always surprise positively. (And it's great how his works are always finished and blend perfectly with BIS's units and stuff).

But enough with the praise, it's great when one day you just check if anything's new in the OFP world and notice a new addon released, it's like christmas tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ripvanfish @ Aug. 11 2002,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But enough with the praise, it's great when one day you just check if anything's new in the OFP world and notice a new addon released, it's like christmas tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly! smile.gif

I also do secret addons that i work very slow on but also addons that i make fast

BTW: that UH1N would not be released because the model is not good and if there will come another one..... eehm Secret biggrin.gif

well i beg you to forgive us addon makers that would like some feedback before we release so its better for you, what were we thinking?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 11 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i beg you to forgive us addon makers that would like some feedback before we release so its better for you, what were we thinking?<span id='postcolor'>

lol biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 11 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i beg you to forgive us addon makers that would like some feedback before we release so its better for you, what were we thinking?<span id='postcolor'>

very well said evis, i notice its the people who do nothing for the ofp comunity who complain! not mentioning any names sts solidsnake

well, here's a big funny farce going on biggrin.gif

sometime ago, ppl were worried that mod makers were not making much stuff, and asked to show at least some beta versions.

now that the wish was acccepted we now have ppl asking modsmakers to only release it to public when it's ready.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 11 2002,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, here's a big funny farce going on biggrin.gif

sometime ago, ppl were worried that mod makers were not making much stuff, and asked to show at least some beta versions.

now that the wish was acccepted we now have ppl asking modsmakers to only release it to public when it's ready.

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol never saw that, and i am doing something but its a secret.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 11 2002,22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sometime ago, ppl were worried that mod makers were not making much stuff, and asked to show at least some beta versions.<span id='postcolor'>

Well Hilly made a pinned thread for people to show what they were working on, but everyone whined at him so he removed it.

IMO it's the best way to do things, better than these new threads popping up every 5 mins saying stuff like "In the next few weeks I may or may not be making this so why not have a look and say how great you think it will be only for it to never be seen again" smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Aug. 11 2002,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well Hilly made a pinned thread for people to show what they were working on, but everyone whined at him so he removed it.<span id='postcolor'>

i remember that thread, and i was also curious why it went down....

I agree, The russian weapons addon came as a great suprise for me cause i wasint expecting it, But now i find myself needing better and better addons to keep myself interested, and showing screen shot of up coming addons is like teasing your pet dog with a cookie. On the other hand i just like to see the pictures of upcoming addons so i know that something is being worked on. But it isint very fun when you see a screen shot of a addon that looks 99% done only to read that it will be released 3 or 4 weeks from now. When i see something i want it now not in 3-4 weeks LOL , ok thats true but it easy to understand why that dosent happen. smile.gif

That is why I never bother creating any topics about what i am creating, and I don't really care about feedback, I make whatever I want to see in game and don't give a damn what other people think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Except ketegys

<span id='postcolor'>

Never heared of him... wink.gif

I'm up to all kinds of crazy shenanigans that no one knows about.

AK47Scope_3_sml.jpg

van_fav_sml.jpg

For the better I suppose smile.gif

Ya the van is pretty cool but why is there a russian gunner and an american flag on it? Why would there be a russian in an american van?

"Shut up thats why" -Scientist lady

Im not critisizing it i was just wondering why....it looks very cool. Could do some nice .50 cal drive bys in that thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jakerod @ Aug. 12 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya the van is pretty cool but why is there a russian gunner and an american flag on it? Why would there be a russian in an american van?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! biggrin.gif

I remember the time solidsnake s hobby was bitch on any addon that came out.

Mmmmmmmm those were the days.

I once heard solidsnake say about all the planeaddons coming "if you don t want them don t download them"

Well snake,

If you re bothered by the topics just don t open them.

You re like my grandma, she also has comments on everything tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Aug. 12 2002,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is why I never bother creating any topics about what i am creating, and I don't really care about feedback, I make whatever I want to see in game and don't give a damn what other people think.<span id='postcolor'>

EXACTLY! smile.gif I totally agree with you.

I sometimes wonder why us modmakers do this....

I mean we just create some stuff that looks very nice ingame for us, and if we do not release it to the communtiy, everybody will be whining at us. So when we HAVE released it to the community, all you get are a bunch of people complaining about bugs. confused.gif

Well anyway we do this for fun, not for the respect of the community (probably some people that we never knew with nicknames)

Well anyway, i've given up, and followed the community in their feedback. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 12 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you re like my grandma, she also has comments on everything  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Didnt you notice? i am Your grand ma!

Now go to bed son.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember the time solidsnake s hobby was bitch on any addon that came out.

<span id='postcolor'>

Give me one topic where i bitch about an addon confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 12 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 12 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you re like my grandma, she also has comments on everything  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Didnt you notice? i am Your grand ma!

Now go to bed son.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember the time solidsnake s hobby was bitch on any addon that came out.

<span id='postcolor'>

Give me one topic where i bitch about an addon  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You ve been a good grandparent lately, but i can remember clearly you did in your young years smile.gif