The mod does it already. They take cover when grenades explodes next to them. However the effect is not pronounced because of how danger mode gets in the way of everything.

Nice I didn't know that -they take cover when the grenade is spotted or after it goes off? Also, is there any ticket relating to the limitations of overriding Danger FSM?

Nice I didn't know that -they take cover when the grenade is spotted or after it goes off? Also, is there any ticket relating to the limitations of overriding Danger FSM?

After it goes off. I think there was one but I don't have a link to it.

After it goes off. I think there was one but I don't have a link to it.

I did a test where all AI team clearly saw the grenade on the floor right in their midst and just stood there. It would be nice for them to run if they see the grenade just before it blows.

I did a test where all AI team clearly saw the grenade on the floor right in their midst and just stood there. It would be nice for them to run if they see the grenade just before it blows.

It would be, but it will also be very CPU intensive to that. I have to check all nearby objects all the time. Or perhaps I can just make the grenade itself broadcast itself. However there is the legendary issue of sometimes they shouldn't be able to see it. There is just no easy way of implementing it from scripts. Engine is a different matter.

Did some other test activating TPW+zooloo75+WWcover+WW commands.

Zooloo had only suppression fire, evasive manouvers and artillery.

TPW had all enabled, except LOS wich was disabled.

Simple firefight in cities between 2 standard teams lasted 10 mins and wasn't over, they fired everything they had at each other trying to suppress and advance with good results.

The only drawback is that Zooloo's mod really breaks any waypoint, the units don't want to go where they should. sometines the leader stops and don't want to go anywhere.

I guess I will have to live without it.

I will begin some more testing with just TPW and WW mods.

As a personal note, I did set the minimum shots to suppress a team from 5 to 1. now even a single shots make the squad drop to the ground and look for cover.

"READY, WAITING, READY, WAITING, etc " i haz dat since i installed that mod :(

Yes, when your team members go to a cover, they say that. They communicate they reached cover and they are ready to do anything else.

Maybe i found out why team some teams got stuck. I removed zooloo's mod and it happened again.

Maybe it is caused by TPW bleed. it forces the hit unit to prone, and maybe if the team leader has been proned, the entire team is stuck (and noone gives a Sh*t about that, leaving him there without healing him)

Thats my first guess.

My second guess may be related to me using commander module to give orders. (maybe it is a bug from that module, who knows )

Windwalking, do you think you can do something about teams spreading a little too much? Maybe adding in the config a max leader distance that the team member must stay within?

It would be, but it will also be very CPU intensive to that. I have to check all nearby objects all the time. Or perhaps I can just make the grenade itself broadcast itself. However there is the legendary issue of sometimes they shouldn't be able to see it. There is just no easy way of implementing it from scripts. Engine is a different matter.

Great points. So what if only a thrown grenade if within x meters of player triggers the script? Like TPW mods which gives just the player that immersion experience.

"READY, WAITING, READY, WAITING, etc " i haz dat since i installed that mod :(

Yeh, very annoying all the calling "ready, waiting" etc. I tried installing the "MRB A3 Voice Stop" mod but it made everyone totally mute. We need someone to make a reduced voices mod.

Time to visit the request thread.... or maybe Windwalking or TPW can help ? :pray:

Keep it up guys - loving the mods.

Great points. So what if only a thrown grenade if within x meters of player triggers the script? Like TPW mods which gives just the player that immersion experience.

TPW EBS already detects if an unexploded grenade is near any unit. I can work with Wind to allow AICOVER to access this info.

TPW EBS already detects if an unexploded grenade is near any unit. I can work with Wind to allow AICOVER to access this info.

Awesome info TPW!

Wouldn't it be better to combine TPW AI modules (bleedout, los, fall, eps) and WW AICover anyway? This way we could have one mod covering immersion aspects only (TPW civs, animals etc) and one mod taking care of AI stuff (TPW/WW AI)....

just sayin :)

I think they should be kept separate, if not only for the sake of the creators updating them. They still work flawlessly togheter anyway.

@WW: Does your "look for cover" algorithm take in count dead bodies too? Could they be inserted as possible cover? Because I did it while playing yesterday, and it was quite effective.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

That is awesome. I hate the idea of adding more threads to detect that, it will be very efficient to depend on your mod. Is it possible to setup a flag for when that happens on the units? Thanks TPW.

I think they should be kept separate, if not only for the sake of the creators updating them. They still work flawlessly togheter anyway.

@WW: Does your "look for cover" algorithm take in count dead bodies too? Could they be inserted as possible cover? Because I did it while playing yesterday, and it was quite effective.

Yay!

Not sure if dead bodies are pulled as nearobjects so my guess is no :(

Not sure if dead bodies are pulled as nearobjects so my guess is no :(
Hm.

Now this is a sort of a hack, and I have no idea what would be the impact on performance, but could it work by creating an invisible but solid pullable object roughly the same size of the dead body on it, and then let the AI take cover behind it? Assuming you can detect the general direction the dead body is facing.

Yay!

Hm.

Now this is a sort of a hack, and I have no idea what would be the impact on performance, but could it work by creating an invisible but solid pullable object roughly the same size of the dead body on it, and then let the AI take cover behind it? Assuming you can detect the general direction the dead body is facing.

Yay!

I could. I will see if just pulling the dead units work too.

I could. I will see if just pulling the dead units work too.
Don't stress it. It was just an idea. :D

Yay!

I know the mod mostly focusses on infantry currently, but i was curious if there were any plans for modifications regarding vehicle behaviour in the future? For instants have planes not act as Stuka bombers that fly at near stall speed when engaging ground objects? It would really add to the immersion if planes would perform engagments on a realistic manner regarding height, speed and overal movement.

Edited by Speeeedy.com

Windwalking, is there a way for the AI to distinguish between soft and hard cover?

New version uploaded.

Version 1.52

• Made AI squad members much less spammy when they cover routine is active on them
  • AI takes cover and return from it more effeciently now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_ver1.52.zip

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

I know the mod mostly focusses on infantry currently, but i was curious if there were any plans for modifications regarding vehicle behaviour in the future? For instants have planes not act as Stuka bombers that fly at near stall speed when engaging ground objects? It would really add to the immersion if planes would perform engagments on a realistic manner regarding height, speed and overal movement.

I can make the heli hover when they detect a threat. However it wont be very effective. My main issue with most of what I want to do for the AI, is that I have no way to enforce the AI's actions once danger mode kicks in. Please vote on that ticket. I will have to dig it up, I dont have the link right now.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Windwalking, is there a way for the AI to distinguish between soft and hard cover?

I dont think I can, not in an efficient way atleast.

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Any progress on dedicated server compatibility? :)

I promise I will start working on that one way or the other after the weekend.

Hi, It gives me an error on line 410 with the new version. It's a problem on my side?

I'm getting that error too. Running beta version with only CBA and tpw's immersion scripts.