Probably my fault. I am repackaging the fix now.

Edit: I re-uploaded the mod. All should be ok now.

Edited by Windwalking

Yes it works now, thanks!

Yes they are now much more silent eheh :)

I'll test it more now :)

Yeah they drove me mad when I commanded a large squad. Most likely next update will make them completely silent as I have an idea.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So I have a question ...Will this make the new patch tweaked ai better or is the mod useless now, since they tweaked the ai which I havent tried yet I have both your mod and tpw and tmr?.... also should erase 1.50 wwai and put the 1.52 in or put this over the existing mod thanks?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Also forgot to ask is the beta 1.03 better to use or should I use the released patch they released today.

@Bravo, you must delete the old version.

the new patch tweaked the ai, but I suggest you to keep using this mod along with tpw's as these mods are long from useless :D

I play Arma with latest dev build and the mod's works greatly

So I have a question ...Will this make the new patch tweaked ai better or is the mod useless now, since they tweaked the ai which I havent tried yet I have both your mod and tpw and tmr?.... also should erase 1.50 wwai and put the 1.52 in or put this over the existing mod thanks?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Also forgot to ask is the beta 1.03 better to use or should I use the released patch they released today.

So far this mod's functionality is not implemented by BIS.

I like the DEV version. Especially since they added light shafts and bright sun today.

I want to say thank you, this mod works great with the new patch and I see them taking cover much better now doing more realistic things like bounding over watch and using houses some times to go to the other side to flank a enemy.

Great Mod, thanks for your efforts Windwalking.

I've noticed that when i'm playing with this mod, leadership of the squad I'm in (when I'm not leading) seems to switch between the number 1 and number 2 unit, is this by design? What I mean by this is that to start with unit 1 will issue orders to the fireteam and then at some point in the mission unit 2 will start issuing orders before reverting again to unit 1. You can also see the chevron indicating the team lead switch between units throughout the mission.

Great Mod, thanks for your efforts Windwalking.

I've noticed that when i'm playing with this mod, leadership of the squad I'm in (when I'm not leading) seems to switch between the number 1 and number 2 unit, is this by design? What I mean by this is that to start with unit 1 will issue orders to the fireteam and then at some point in the mission unit 2 will start issuing orders before reverting again to unit 1. You can also see the chevron indicating the team lead switch between units throughout the mission.

That shouldn't be caused by this mod but I will investigate.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Mod reports v 1.32 is running on main menu screen.

I think what stun said might be true. I just got out of Infantry Showcase (been training a lot there lately with and without mods) and 3 times in a row I got killed when I was number 2 of the list. Never had the command menu below so far, happened today with aicover 1.52 (and didn't yesterday with the old 1.50 version).

Mod reports v 1.32 is running on main menu screen.

I think what stun said might be true. I just got out of Infantry Showcase (been training a lot there lately with and without mods) and 3 times in a row I got killed when I was number 2 of the list. Never had the command menu below so far, happened today with aicover 1.52 (and didn't yesterday with the old 1.50 version).

I dont understand what seems to be the problem. U got killed in the mission and u suspect it's because of the mod or I got the problem wrong?

No, before I got killed, multiple times, I had the soldiers list on the bottom side of the screen.

Something's happening now that wasn't happening this morning before I took 1.52.

When playing inf showcase I never had that bottom line before and it didn't come after the patch. Not sure but that's supposed to come when you become leader?

Yet all the times I played vanilla and everyone was dead, before finding out I was the only one alive, I still had never that bar.

I can confirm that the main menu screen displays v1.32 while the version when the mission starts is 1.52.

Not entirely sure I understand GShocks issue, but I have noticed that if I am number 2 of a fire team (auto rifleman) I will randomly get the command icons and control of the squad even though squad leader is still alive. Command will periodically switch between me as number 2 and the squad leader throughout the mission.

Not entirely sure I understand GShocks issue, but I have noticed that if I am number 2 of a fire team (auto rifleman) I will randomly get the command icons and control of the squad even though squad leader is still alive. Command will periodically switch between me as number 2 and the squad leader throughout the mission.

In the 1st showcase you're the recruit, you're not given command whoever dies in your squad.

Yet somehow, since I took AICover (and only with this version), by mid of the mission all of a sudden the soldiers list (icons, weapon specialty, stance color code, etc) appears in the bottom of my screen like I was the leader. I never was leader before in this mission. I am confirming what you said, when this bar appears it's like I am the leader but the other guy is still alive.

Ok seems that the mod transfers leadership somehow. I don't know why honestly but I will find out. Till then u can disable the effect for your team from the configuration file easily.

Has anyone else encountered difficulties controlling your AI team WW AICover? What I experience is that immediately once an enemy is detected (even if enemy is not aware of us, no shots fired yet), the AI immediately becomes somewhat hysterical and moves (I think) to cover. Their status, as reflected in the command bar changes to "WAIT" and sometimes "BUSY". When that happens they become somewhat (as in not all the times) unresponsive to "move" and "return to formation" commands. Sometimes, and that might be a separate problem, one or two of them will not be able to move anymore and will not obey to commands (although replying "Roger").

I'm using the latest version.

I can confirm the leadership issue too.

Yay!

Has anyone else encountered difficulties controlling your AI team WW AICover? What I experience is that immediately once an enemy is detected (even if enemy is not aware of us, no shots fired yet), the AI immediately becomes somewhat hysterical and moves (I think) to cover. Their status, as reflected in the command bar changes to "WAIT" and sometimes "BUSY". When that happens they become somewhat (as in not all the times) unresponsive to "move" and "return to formation" commands. Sometimes, and that might be a separate problem, one or two of them will not be able to move anymore and will not obey to commands (although replying "Roger").

I'm using the latest version.

I am trying a few things. This effect work wonders with the AI, however it's rather tedious when the player is controlling the group. I suggest to turn the effect on player controlled units from the config. It's quite easy to do so.

Do you mean turn it off? Is that the variable called playerAISuppression or something similar? I can't remember right now.

Yay!

Do you mean turn it off? Is that the variable called playerAISuppression or something similar? I can't remember right now.

Yay!

Yes it is. I think on the next update I will have it off by default. However I ask of those interested to turn it back on so that I get some feedback on it as I try to make it better.

Edit: the name of the parameter is ww_playerTeamSuppression. Just set it to zero, I will do that on the next update for a while till I can get a consistent experience from it.

Edited by Windwalking

Strange: I already have it off, but allied AI takes actively cover anyway...

Yay!

Strange: I already have it off, but allied AI takes actively cover anyway...

Yay!

Ok I will test that out.

Sure, I'm aware of this parameter. But Windwalking, by your design, is the AI suppose to start taking cover once enemy is only detected, and no shots are even fired?

Oh and thank you for a great mod!