Since you are working with tpw, why don't you merge your AICOVER with his TPWMODS?

I love when modders work toggether so you don't have to download/install one for pistol another for silencer and so on...

In the description says this mod is compatible with TPW_EBS, but this is and old and obsolet version. This addon is full compatible with TPW_MODS (Not TPW_EBS)? Thanks

Since you are working with tpw, why don't you merge your AICOVER with his TPWMODS?

I love when modders work toggether so you don't have to download/install one for pistol another for silencer and so on...

I personally think they should be kept separate.
In the description says this mod is compatible with TPW_EBS, but this is and old and obsolet version. This addon is full compatible with TPW_MODS (Not TPW_EBS)? Thanks
It fully is.

Refer to this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter if you want, and mention it to others if you find it useful. ;)

Yay!

Disagree. Totally different mods. They are working together to make sure there are no incompatibilities!

It fully is.

Refer to this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter if you want, and mention it to others if you find it useful. ;)

Yay!

Good news, both are great mods, and offer "solutions" for the big problem of the OFP/ArmA series, the AI with very A and poor I.

Problem with shifting leadership not solved, apparently, with latest build.

Problem with shifting leadership not solved, apparently, with latest build.

Yeah I just noticed and fixed it. I also have a possible solution to radio spamming and movements. I will release a update today or tomorrow.

Tests carry on, it's all about you observing by yourself in the first showcase mission because nobody better than you understands the mechanics.

Objective here is to keep the AI alive and let its aimbot do the rest.

If you play the inf showcase you got all the possible situations at hand.

1) before reaching the downed man you have gunshot in proximity with no enemy in LOS and no losses taken by gunshot. I think the AI is going aware and scanning horizon perhaps it should go aware and pointing at specific direction the gunshot came from (we kow the LOS can't be established right now).

2) upon reaching the downed man there's LOS and here cover should be the first thing to do by sprinting to cover, regardless of actual gunfire being heard and completely ignoring the formation the squad is in.

AI is not supposed to scan the horizon (overwatch) or take specific target, it's supposed to shoot and kill whoever is in LOS by any mean and it can only do so if it's in cover.

So you see in just 1 minute time, as I showed you with my youtube video you can already assess if the AI is doing what you want it to do and we can perform many tests in very short time. Each test only takes 1 minute. :)

I don't see any other possible situation in ordinary non-stealth situations. What the AI does prior to combat is something else, not relevant here but when in combat (any of squad having LOS) until the leader says "clear" the 1) and 2) behavior should be in place according to LOS/no LOS at all times.

I will be eagerly waiting your patch, WW and I am sure I am not the only one. :)

Ok the new version is up. Config is still default off for player joined teams for now. This version should streamline stuff a lot. However I need your feedback on it.

Version 1.56

• Units are completely silent while taking cover
  • fixed leader swapping again (hopefully)
  • Units wont attempt to take cover if too far from the leader. They will attempt to catch up first.
  • Units will not try to take cover if the leader already assigned a task for them

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_ver1.56.zip

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Tests carry on, it's all about you observing by yourself in the first showcase mission because nobody better than you understands the mechanics.

Objective here is to keep the AI alive and let its aimbot do the rest.

If you play the inf showcase you got all the possible situations at hand.

1) before reaching the downed man you have gunshot in proximity with no enemy in LOS and no losses taken by gunshot. I think the AI is going aware and scanning horizon perhaps it should go aware and pointing at specific direction the gunshot came from (we kow the LOS can't be established right now).

2) upon reaching the downed man there's LOS and here cover should be the first thing to do by sprinting to cover, regardless of actual gunfire being heard and completely ignoring the formation the squad is in.

AI is not supposed to scan the horizon (overwatch) or take specific target, it's supposed to shoot and kill whoever is in LOS by any mean and it can only do so if it's in cover.

So you see in just 1 minute time, as I showed you with my youtube video you can already assess if the AI is doing what you want it to do and we can perform many tests in very short time. Each test only takes 1 minute. :)

I don't see any other possible situation in ordinary non-stealth situations. What the AI does prior to combat is something else, not relevant here but when in combat (any of squad having LOS) until the leader says "clear" the 1) and 2) behavior should be in place according to LOS/no LOS at all times.

I will be eagerly waiting your patch, WW and I am sure I am not the only one. :)

I understand what you mean. However modding has limitations. I can try and tell the AI to move to cover, however I cannot enforce that the AI only fires from cover. Not without access to the engine. The version I just posted should make things better, but they will NEVER be perfect :(

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

I re-uploaded the mod because of an error in the code.

The ai seems to be a bit more aware of where danger is and where to go to fight in relative safety with .56 but it seems to me it does it too slow and it lingers for too long before acting which costs losses. However, we may assume this happens also due to the fact the enemy AI is acting equally smarter in seeking cover.

I am afraid the formation is still prevailing over the safety of cover. There is no longer target spamming but I want to perform more tests before expressing a confident opinion. More voices would also be more reliable.

I reuploaded again. There were a few errors and the routines were not executing properly.

GShock, this probably why u felt they were dumber. Please redownload.

You did not update .56 name I assume you did update the file.

Testing now.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhG6pshz_E

Test on 2nd upload of .56 (suppression enabled but I am not shooting).

The AI is unable to keep up with the need of taking cover if it's not allowed to break formation. I think major problem is right there and maybe that's really the only problem.

Unsurprisingly all the dead AI were killed when being out of cover. As you can see I pushed to the 2nd engagement and you can see where 1 is and where all the others are: it's a clear wedge formation in plain open sight. Result: all dead. :)

@Windwalking

*info

Eventually i made *special Command menu to appear in Whole Lotta Altis but required to execute your both mods LAST in modline.

Just a reminder/i know you might find the info usefull some other time maybe.

@Windwalking

*info

Eventually i made *special Command menu to appear in Whole Lotta Altis but required to execute your both mods LAST in modline.

Just a reminder/i know you might find the info usefull some other time maybe.

Thanks a lot Giorgy.

You did not update .56 name I assume you did update the file.

Testing now.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhG6pshz_E

Test on 2nd upload of .56 (suppression enabled but I am not shooting).

The AI is unable to keep up with the need of taking cover if it's not allowed to break formation. I think major problem is right there and maybe that's really the only problem.

Unsurprisingly all the dead AI were killed when being out of cover. As you can see I pushed to the 2nd engagement and you can see where 1 is and where all the others are: it's a clear wedge formation in plain open sight. Result: all dead. :)

I understand what effect you want. I will see if I can implement it.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The AI is the absolute weak spot of this engine (and that is completely understandable considering the complexities involved), along with the flight model of the helicopters, as far as I have seen (a copter that has to go vertical to stop or to go forward is absolutely ridiculous for a game of this magnitude).

The AI really feels inhuman at least at Elite level.

I keep playing Infantry showcase with and without tpw+aicover and I came to the conclusion that despite the heavy fps hit (which is actually a CPU hit and not a video card deficiency, having tried all the detail levels with no increase in fps and being able to play very fluid at high detail level when in vanilla) there is no alternative to using these mods because they really make the game enjoyable.

In vanilla, your squad can barely get alive to the crossroad ahead, taking a big toll by the patrol that comes out from the middle hill and some more from the patrol that comes from the ridge on the right (which is the one I am guarding). A lot before these 2 engagements are over all of my squad is dead because they move too reckless. The way the AI shoots is something else instead but it doesn't help when your squad is 4 people and each enemy squad is 3 or 4 too.

You can camp behind cover and survive but you will ultimately die because you're going to them and when your team is over as soon as you stick your neck out it's sure death. They don't even seem to use burst/auto, they most of the times kill you with a single bullet and you're wondering how they can do it... it's like you have all the eyes on you and you can't move. It's a total camping game.

The AI accuracy doesnt seem to suffer from fatigue, wounds, distance, lack of visibility (lights/shadows/cover) or any other handicap the player has and so far the DEVs have actually compensated this inhuman advantages with a great stupidity in combat.

Most notably, in areas with bushes, the AI is completely invisible even when zooming but it's totally aware of where you are at all times. This means you die 90% of the times without even knowing who killed you and where he was.

Against this AI type all you can do is duck behind cover and engage when they are busy elsewhere and this is why the survival of your own AI is important. You are not supposed to make it alive when going 5 vs 20 but, on the other hand, if your own AI is taking cover the result is not granted to be any different since the enemy AI will ALSO take cover. What happens though is that you can hear the guy who's pinning you is engaged and you can come out and at least take a shot.

Even with the current deficiencies of the TPW/AICover system, the game is completely different for the better.

Your AI will get to that crossroad because they are well aware of the danger and don't just go prone in the middle of nowhere, they don't rush for it... they actually walk with the sights up and seek the best cover they can get within formation range (and that's where the problem may be).

I had instances of prolonged fights with different tactics applied by both sides, where I actually ended up with no ammo. It's very different from one shot - one kill of vanilla because there's suppression, bleeding and cover and you have fun because you don't feel cheated.

Maybe there's nothing WW can do about it right now because it's DEV stuff but it's a LOT better than vanilla.

Price to pay... some stuttering but there's no other choice imo.

its a realy good mod, although i have a small problem, it seems with this mod active the AI sees danger almost all of the time (i have a small guard patrol setup , without the mod the guys just walk with rifle hanging in front and follow their way in safe mode until attacked or a enemy spotted and they engage / with the mod the guys walk in safe mode for a small moment and then start walking with rifle up in front as if they are seeking a enemy (the enemy is not even placed on the map as it was just a test) so something is a little off, hope we can find out why it happens

its a realy good mod, although i have a small problem, it seems with this mod active the AI sees danger almost all of the time (i have a small guard patrol setup , without the mod the guys just walk with rifle hanging in front and follow their way in safe mode until attacked or a enemy spotted and they engage / with the mod the guys walk in safe mode for a small moment and then start walking with rifle up in front as if they are seeking a enemy (the enemy is not even placed on the map as it was just a test) so something is a little off, hope we can find out why it happens

Units seems to go to "aware" or "danger" if they hear a vehicle, even if it is a civilian vehicle. It might be the reason...

The AI is the absolute weak spot of this engine (and that is completely understandable considering the complexities involved), along with the flight model of the helicopters, as far as I have seen (a copter that has to go vertical to stop or to go forward is absolutely ridiculous for a game of this magnitude).

I keep playing Infantry showcase with and without tpw+aicover and I came to the conclusion that despite the heavy fps hit (which is actually a CPU hit and not a video card deficiency, having tried all the detail levels with no increase in fps and being able to play very fluid at high detail level when in vanilla) there is no alternative to using these mods because they really make the game enjoyable.

In vanilla, your squad can barely get alive to the crossroad ahead, taking a big toll by the patrol that comes out from the middle hill and some more from the patrol that comes from the ridge on the right (which is the one I am guarding). A lot before these 2 engagements are over all of my squad is dead because they move too reckless. The way the AI shoots is something else instead but it doesn't help when your squad is 4 people and each enemy squad is 3 or 4 too.

You can camp behind cover and survive but you will ultimately die because you're going to them and when your team is over as soon as you stick your neck out it's sure death. They don't even seem to use burst/auto, they most of the times kill you with a single bullet and you're wondering how they can do it... it's like you have all the eyes on you and you can't move. It's a total camping game.

The AI accuracy doesnt seem to suffer from fatigue, wounds, distance, lack of visibility (lights/shadows/cover) or any other handicap the player has and so far the DEVs have actually compensated this inhuman advantages with a great stupidity in combat.

Most notably, in areas with bushes, the AI is completely invisible even when zooming but it's totally aware of where you are at all times. This means you die 90% of the times without even knowing who killed you and where he was.

Against this AI type all you can do is duck behind cover and engage when they are busy elsewhere and this is why the survival of your own AI is important. You are not supposed to make it alive when going 5 vs 20 but, on the other hand, if your own AI is taking cover the result is not granted to be any different since the enemy AI will ALSO take cover. What happens though is that you can hear the guy who's pinning you is engaged and you can come out and at least take a shot.

Even with the current deficiencies of the TPW/AICover system, the game is completely different for the better.

Your AI will get to that crossroad because they are well aware of the danger and don't just go prone in the middle of nowhere, they don't rush for it... they actually walk with the sights up and seek the best cover they can get within formation range (and that's where the problem may be).

I had instances of prolonged fights with different tactics applied by both sides, where I actually ended up with no ammo. It's very different from one shot - one kill of vanilla because there's suppression, bleeding and cover and you have fun because you don't feel cheated.

Maybe there's nothing WW can do about it right now because it's DEV stuff but it's a LOT better than vanilla.

Have you tweaked down AI PrecisionEnemy rating in your Userprofile? It helps a lot (at least in stopping the sniper type accuracy of all OpFor).

Have you tweaked down AI PrecisionEnemy rating in your Userprofile? It helps a lot (at least in stopping the sniper type accuracy of all OpFor).

No I'm playtesting either vanilla or tpw+aicover at stock elite level. It is challenging to say the least... if the AI is made to seek cover and ignore everything else we're up for a big leap forward in game challenge.

Units seems to go to "aware" or "danger" if they hear a vehicle, even if it is a civilian vehicle. It might be the reason...

i think this is indeed possible as i use TPW civ and cars .

Nice post, spot on.

Yay!

Nice post, spot on.

Yes, indeed!

WindWalking, not sure this one has been reported but whenever a firefight breaks out. AI sometimes go into safe mode just for a brief moment before going into danger. It seems it happens just right after the other teammates return fire. Latest dev version and latest AI COVER version. Simple test with Guard waypoints for 2 blufor groups and a seek and destroy waypoint for opfor. Noticed the behavior on blufor units.