Mod works fine with the @ folder renamed. I cannot stress how truly awesome this is combined with TPW_EBS. Really. AI wise, it's a whole new game.

Yay!

Hello Windwalking, ArmA 3 needed a mod like this where AI react to sound. Thank you for this! I had a question, is it normal for my AI teammates to come out of stealth on their own even after I "Stealth" (7-1) command them myself? I find myself repeatedly telling them to go back into stealth as they tend to come out of it on their own accord. They end up going right back to "Stay Alert" status (Command 7-3) whenever they feel like it. This is after changing the user config to '0' for teammate suppression. Is this normal? I tried without the mod and my commands stuck well. I'm using LOS, EBS, ASR AI along with your mod.

So far, each client needs to have it. I am working on making it dedicated server friendly however. I will update this thread once I manage to do that.

Many thanks WW.....sterling work m8 :)

There is just one behaviour that could br tweaked: it happens if you fully supress an enemy before he is in cover. What will happen is he will go prone following TPW_EBS Mod, and then start crawling to the nearest cover. Wouldn't a full sprint be more appropriate?

Yay!

Thanks for informing us about the updates! :cool:

And thanks for signing up to be able to control your own content in the future.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the bug fix, works great now! Any plans that AI might use indoor cover or even buildings to get an height advantage during a firefight to supress the enemy or perhaps to spot the enemy and transfer that data to team members?

Also it might me a nice feature that low level ai might use the spray and pray tactic from time to time in the general direction ofmthe enemy. Just a thought perhaps its even outside your current scope :)

Hello Windwalking, ArmA 3 needed a mod like this where AI react to sound. Thank you for this! I had a question, is it normal for my AI teammates to come out of stealth on their own even after I "Stealth" (7-1) command them myself? I find myself repeatedly telling them to go back into stealth as they tend to come out of it on their own accord. They end up going right back to "Stay Alert" status (Command 7-3) whenever they feel like it. This is after changing the user config to '0' for teammate suppression. Is this normal? I tried without the mod and my commands stuck well. I'm using LOS, EBS, ASR AI along with your mod.

No that shouldnt happen. It must be a bug somewhere. I will track it down and update it. Thanks for letting me know.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

There is just one behaviour that could br tweaked: it happens if you fully supress an enemy before he is in cover. What will happen is he will go prone following TPW_EBS Mod, and then start crawling to the nearest cover. Wouldn't a full sprint be more appropriate?

Yay!

This behavior is governed by TPW_EBS though. I will discuss it with him.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Thanks for the bug fix, works great now! Any plans that AI might use indoor cover or even buildings to get an height advantage during a firefight to supress the enemy or perhaps to spot the enemy and transfer that data to team members?

Also it might me a nice feature that low level ai might use the spray and pray tactic from time to time in the general direction ofmthe enemy. Just a thought perhaps its even outside your current scope :)

Nice ideas. I will look into what can be implemented within the scope. Feel free to discuss AI behavior ideas here.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Released an update to fix the issue pointed by DeltaFiveOne

Version 1.32

• Fixed an issue where stealthed friendly team mates go automatically to aware when there is fire nearby

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.32.zip

Sorry i didn't get back till now yes it stopped the freezing for me cheers again to you and tpw game changer for the ai now.

Windwalking,

This mod is excellent, especially when used with Fire Fight Improvement Mod. Would strongly suggest you incorporating his mod into yours since he is no longer doing updates or developments and said it's open source.

Thank you,

I will take a look at Fire Fight Improvement in a few days and see what I can do.

It seems, this mod is not working on dedicated mp servers. I have tried this addon at the editor *works*. Hosting a MP server locally *works*. Installing the addon on our dedicated root server *not working*.

Any ideas or plans to get this mod running on dedicated servers?

Thank you,

I will take a look at Fire Fight Improvement in a few days and see what I can do.

I would say that it's better to keep the two separate. WWAICover is great because it complements and enhances vanilla AI but doesn't (as far as I've seen) break missions. FFIS is more of an (incomplete) AI overhaul. I'm all for AI overhauls, but I like that WWAI is "lite".

Even more, WWAI works flawlessly with TPW Mods, and I'm afraid that merging with FFIS would break things. Let WW decide though!

Yay!

It seems, this mod is not working on dedicated mp servers. I have tried this addon at the editor *works*. Hosting a MP server locally *works*. Installing the addon on our dedicated root server *not working*.

Any ideas or plans to get this mod running on dedicated servers?

I am trying to find a way to make this mod suitable for Dedi. The problem is, I do not have access to a dedicated server to test. I am also not very knowledgable in Arma locality. If someone is willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will continue looking for other ways to bring this mod to dedicated though.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

I would say that it's better to keep the two separate. WWAICover is great because it complements and enhances vanilla AI but doesn't (as far as I've seen) break missions. FFIS is more of an (incomplete) AI overhaul. I'm all for AI overhauls, but I like that WWAI is "lite".

You are right. I played a bit with Fire fight improvement mod, and its more of an overhaul. Different philosophies I would say.

Hey there mate.

Getting huge spamming of RPT with the following ...

Error in expression <nit setUnitPos "Middle";

_unit doWatch _noiseSource;

sleep (5 + random 5);

_uni>

Error position: <_noiseSource;

sleep (5 + random 5);

_uni>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _noisesource

File WW_AICOVER\ww_aicover.sqf, line 204

Error in expression <Position = [((_cPos select 0) + (0.3 * (_vectorDir select 0))), ((_cPos select 1>

Error position: <_vectorDir select 0))), ((_cPos select 1>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _vectordir

Seems to occur when an APC opens up with grenades.

I am running CBA, ASR_AI, and few other mods.

Hey there mate.

Getting huge spamming of RPT with the following ...

Seems to occur when an APC opens up with grenades.

I am running CBA, ASR_AI, and few other mods.

Thanks for the report. What version of the mod are u using?

I think the latest mate. I am on these forums at least 10 times a day.

Well now I thought you actually lived inside the forums???

Ok will look into this problem ASAP.

I can't seem to replicate that error at all. It seems like some special case that pops up. I will however add a check on the variable to prevent it from breaking.

When using this awesome mod with TPW CIVS, any group (red or blue) on a safe patrol automatically goes into aware when they see any civilians. They don't shoot at them, they just switch to aware. Anyone else use these two mods together getting the same thing?

When using this awesome mod with TPW CIVS, any group (red or blue) on a safe patrol automatically goes into aware when they see any civilians. They don't shoot at them, they just switch to aware. Anyone else use these two mods together getting the same thing?

This mod doesn't work that way. It works if a weapon is fired or a vehicle passes by. Even then civ vehicles don't trigger the effect.