kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Yeah ok i´ll try that with manual respawn.

1 more question: would it be possible to set myself the enemy radials over the map?

This is awesome, great job ! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i don't see the zones on the map ? Or am i not supposed to see them ? All i see is my HQ and, i believe, the sidemissions in red ?

thanks

1 more question: would it be possible to set myself the enemy radials over the map?

I'm not understanding the question...try again.

@gambla - the red circular areas are the enemy zones. After you clear a zone of enemy forces they turn green. They are kinda light in colr so sometimes you have to look closely to see.

Download Latest Version of DUWS Modified Here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2j9k5qthh0g3jr/BigShots%20DUWSv08b%20Modified.zip

Also At The Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222686368

thanks Bigshot, i toggeled the map and then discovered the circles, the marker is indeed a bit light in color but no problem

I'm not understanding the question...try again.

Sorry, my English isnt real good. Here my next try^^

Before the mission starts the window with the settings shows up where i can set how many Zones and how big the Zones should be. The zones gonna generated automaticly through the mod then. So my question was if it is possible to set the enemyzones on the map by the player himself, and not that the mod does that.

Hope this time better to understand^^

yes, you can place the zones and HQ manually at mission start...but to learn how to do this you'll have to read about it. There's info about that in this thread (which you can search for) and also in the readme that comes with the mission download.

Just to get things clear: i talk about to place the Enemy Zones by myself. I know that i am able to place the own HQ when mission starts since the feature was released.

@bigshot

could you add acre support?

also, add the ability to call in controllable UAV, and attack helos (support)

Halo drop for whole squad?

@bigshot

could you add acre support?

also, add the ability to call in controllable UAV, and attack helos (support)

Halo drop for whole squad?

I believe Kibot actually had Acre in here awhile back but had to remove it. Unfortunately it seems that Acre causes bad issues with the VAS script...so for now it's a no-no.

You already have the Darter UAV which you can get from the armory.

Some sort of Close air support I may consider if I get more requests for it :-)

Very fun. About as role playing game as you can get with Arma. And pretty bug free at this point from what I can tell. Great job man. I played this for 4 straight hours in my last sitting and I only captured one location and did a few side missions.

One request would be the option to buy vehicle refitting stations at your FOB's. Can even be a new cost for each FOB. It's kind of a pain to take a vehicle all the way back to base to refuel/rearm/repair. But otherwise I love it. Download this if you haven't already.

@fookhed - not sure if you're playing the modified version or the original....but if you're playing the modified then you CAN repair/rearm vehicles at FOB's already. You have to be in the vehicle and drive it up close to the FOB building and then use your action menu...the option to rearm/repair is in there. FOB's do not use the 0-8 way of doing it, only HQ uses 0-8 for repair/rearm. Hope I explained that ok, lol.

@fookhed - not sure if you're playing the modified version or the original....but if you're playing the modified then you CAN repair/rearm vehicles at FOB's already. You have to be in the vehicle and drive it up close to the FOB building and then use your action menu...the option to rearm/repair is in there. FOB's do not use the 0-8 way of doing it, only HQ uses 0-8 for repair/rearm. Hope I explained that ok, lol.

Thanks for improving this awesome mission.

Here are a few suggestions:

• The repair/rearm at the FOB is too close of the FOB. You have to almost touch the building with the vehicle to be able to access it.
  • When you repair/rearm at HQ, you have to pay some CP. However, it's free at the FOB. I think it should be either free everywhere or paying everywhere. It should be free IMO.
  • When playing in multiplayer, there is a bug with the player marker on the map (the green arrow with the player name). Sometimes, it will stick somewhere (when dying I believe) and a new marker will be on the player. At some point, we had like 5 green arrows on the map for the same player.
  • The settings menu that can be access in the HQ sometimes disappear.

@undead8 - thanks for the heads-up on these....I've already been working on these issues lately but having trouble:

1. repair/rearm vehicles should be in 0-8 menu instead of action menu at FOB's....trouble with this is that the FOB's are named dynamically and I cant figure out how to get the refit script to run when you get in range of an FOB without using a name (classname doesnt seem to work). There's got to be a way but I'm not a scriptor and need Kibot to help me with this, but he's been away lately busy with life. If anyone knows how to work FOB's into the refit script PLEASE let us know.

2. Paying for refit/repair options...I understand how you feel about it not being free. I used to think think the same way but I really want to keep the pay system the way Kibot has it...at least if I can get #1 fixed then HQ & FOB will work the same way so it'll all seem more uniform.

3. the marker issue I havent seen yet but sounds like an A3 issue...or perhaps a JIP isuue?...I'm not capable/knowledgable enough to fix this one.

4. are you talking about the terrain view distance settings?...when exactly does it disappear...in MP??...only in vehicles? getting out of a vehicle?...you should realize this will not show up in your menu if you are in the editor.

Edited by BigShot

In the unpacked mission are some files with infos and maybe a readme ;D

or try this from the first page^^

some new info's about dedi server support????

Thank you TeilX...the info to manually place zones is also found in the INIT.sqf file

I tried to do that but nothing changes when I start the mission, I can't place the enemy areas manually.

It is possible to code it to choose between random and manual placement at the beginning like for the HQ?

Edited by D4NI3L3

@BigShot: I tried to play with the Agressors addons but I just get the regular opfor. What I understand from the OP is that opfor vehicules (and only vehicules) would be added automatically to the list of spawnable ennemies.

Would it be a huge work to have a version supporting Agressors ? Even better, choosing, through a mission parameter, what type would be used (ie to get the right opfor for Takistan or Chernaurus) ?

Thx.

4. are you talking about the terrain view distance settings?...when exactly does it disappear...in MP??...only in vehicles? getting out of a vehicle?...you should realize this will not show up in your menu if you are in the editor.

It was in MP. I'll try to reproduce it this week and give you more details. Maybe I did something wrong and there's no bug...

@D4N - sure it's possible but alot of work for Kibot. I'll leave this for him to reply.

@1212 - Mission parameters would be the slickest way to go I agree, but yea the classnames can just be changed to get it to work with the addon and you're welcome to look thru the scripts and try changing the classnames if you want to experiment... BUT...I dont have any personal interest in installing/using new unit addons or unofficial weapons/vehicles for that matter. I always prefer missions that are as "stock" as possible...especially when it comes to having fix them every time BIS puts out a new patch :-) Also keep in mind this mission has certain issues when it comes to playing with arma2 objects within the arma3 environment, particularly the "SAVE/RESUME" abilities get screwed up for instance using the arma 3 map pack addon since it apparently uses arma2 objects. So just be careful/aware if odd things happen, lol.

@undead8 - ok, let me know if you're able to reproduce.

Edited by BigShot

Hmm I got a problem thats really anoying. When I save the game I can load it as long as I don't quit arma 3. When I sart it up again all the saves are gone and all I can do is restart.

So my question is, is there any fix for this or am I doing something wrong when saving? Or is it the way it's working atm?

Really love the misson its awesome!

@Kitux - no, it doesn't sound like it's the mission. Works good for me here ( I often use RESUME after a full game restart).

You know its funny though...I think I may have had a similar issue with the Evo mission way back during the Alpha...im trying to remember what caused it...hmm, I think at the time I was using something in the command line startup shortcut that I had to remove...not 100% sure if that was it. I currently us -nosplash and -nologs without issue. I may be thinking of a different issue I dunno.

Tell me more...are you playing the Steam Workshop version or the .pbo version? my modified or Kibots original? SP or MP??

Edited by BigShot

Great stuff I always love Dynamic stuff.

Some thoughts about armory: if possible use Dslyecxi's Paper Doll script instead of Virtual Ammobox System for pretty much anything except for magazines and items like binocs, first aid kits and such. Dslyecxi's Paper Doll does not suffer the massive waiting times you can get with VAS, and it allows for quick and easy customization of weapons, attachments and uniforms. The only thing missing is magazines and other misc stuff.

nah...its too convenient, I love VAS...besides there are no "massive wait times"..in fact there's no wait at all...everything works instantaneously for me. You Can't use ACRE with VAS. It sounds like ACRE is causing you the grief.

Edited by BigShot