kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

sure, anyone can private message me on this forum with their email address and I'll send out a copy for you to play with....just dont upload it anywhere (such as the steam workshop). I'd rather leave it up to kilbot whether he wants to include any of these changes or not in his official version.

I love this mission, my friends and I play it constantly.

I am curious if there are any clever ways to add more vehicles to the request pool? The armory takes new weapons so seamlessly it's amazing but I'm always for more variety.

Thanks for the work on this great modded mission.

Mule

you can add vehicles to the 'request_vehicles.sqf' file. Then you also have to add them to the 'request.sqf' file as well.

Edited by BigShot

Getting errors when manually placing zones in the editor. You give the player the option to place the HQ manually, so it's redundant when we place it in the editor. I wind up with either two HQ's, or the game won't let me place one at all. I've tried toggling manual placement both on and off in the init.

Not game breaking but something to take a look at.

Hello all! I was wondering which files where the BLUFOR units are picked from. Im talking the ones that spawn NPC units and/or HC units. I was wanting to add a few custom units to the game. thank you for your time! :yay:

Getting errors when manually placing zones in the editor. You give the player the option to place the HQ manually, so it's redundant when we place it in the editor. I wind up with either two HQ's, or the game won't let me place one at all. I've tried toggling manual placement both on and off in the init.

Not game breaking but something to take a look at.

Hi Hebrew Hammer,

Please see post #698 to resolve your redundant HQ issue.

If anyone wants to play some DUWS I've updated my profile on this forum with the proper Steam address where I can be contacted. Just send me a friend request if you like.

If anyone wants to play some DUWS I've updated my profile on this forum with the proper Steam address where I can be contacted. Just send me a friend request if you like.

hey Bigshot im trying to contact you via PM for your DUWS

never received it, so I sent you a PM instead....just reply to it with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the mission file with my changes.

I'm pretty sure todays official update/patch has screwed with DUWS abit. I've lost my campaign save because of it.

dialogue scroll bar error...not sure what BIS changed about the scroll bars but they did something different and it's now causing an error in the mission although it all still seems playable so far.

here's the rpt errors:

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/zone_max_radius_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/zone_min_radius_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/zone_number_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/cp_start_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/bap_start_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/oap_start_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/weather_type_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/combo_opf_skill.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/combo_blufor_ai_skill.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/helo_taxi_fasttravel_list.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/fast_travel_list.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/max_dist_from_hq_list.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/unitlistbox.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/squadlist.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/emptyvehiclelist.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/supportunlocklist.ListScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/fob_mng_dialog/controls/reinforce_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/fob_mng_dialog/controls/fast_travel_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

EDIT** - Fixed now - apparently BIS changed the scrollbar class name to ComboScrollBar and so it needs to be changed in the defines.hpp

Edited by BigShot

here's the rpt errors:

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/zone_max_radius_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/zone_min_radius_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/zone_number_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/cp_start_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/bap_start_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/oap_start_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/weather_type_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/combo_opf_skill.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/combo_blufor_ai_skill.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/helo_taxi_fasttravel_list.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/fast_travel_list.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/startup_dialog/controls/max_dist_from_hq_list.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/unitlistbox.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/squadlist.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/emptyvehiclelist.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/ressourceheader/controls/supportunlocklist.ListScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/fob_mng_dialog/controls/reinforce_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

Warning Message: No entry 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/fob_mng_dialog/controls/fast_travel_combo.ComboScrollBar'.

EDIT** - Fixed now - apparently BIS changed the scrollbar class name to ComboScrollBar and so it needs to be changed in the defines.hpp

So what I have to do to fix it?

@D4NI3L3 - I just emailed you the newest version

If anyone else playing my version needs the fix just send me an email, IM, or get me on Steam.

@D4NI3L3 - I just emailed you the newest version

If anyone else playing my version needs the fix just send me an email, IM, or get me on Steam.

Many thanks. :D

actually I just finished the latest version I have...updated post here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)&p=2600010&viewfull=1#post2600010

D4N...the only difference for you is that this newest one includes the actual Titan Launchers in the Nato Support box (when using support drops). The version I just sent you only includes the magazines/ammo for the launchers. If you want this newest version let me know and I'll resend to you again.

hello

can you send me the new version please

after the new arma3 patch, the game save/load seems to be fucked now, it is no longer possible to load a game save and continue the generated campaign :(

what issue are you having with resuming a saved mission? I know the unlocks aren't re-initializing properly after resuming from a save, but the work-around for that has always been to respawn yourself once after resuming. Since you end up back at base by doing that you might consider always waiting to save (sitrep) AFTER returning to HQ. This has nothing to do with the new patch though...it's always been this way.

If you are talking about resuming a mission that was saved from a previous version before the new patch, thats also been an issue since Arma2. Once the game receives a new patch your old saves are not likely to work, and you'll need to restart the mission.

Anyway, if you want this new version you'll have to contact me or post your email so I can send it.

hello

can you send me the new version please

after the new arma3 patch, the game save/load seems to be fucked now, it is no longer possible to load a game save and continue the generated campaign :(

Edited by BigShot

actually I just finished the latest version I have...updated post here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)&p=2600010&viewfull=1#post2600010

D4N...the only difference for you is that this newest one includes the actual Titan Launchers in the Nato Support box (when using support drops). The version I just sent you only includes the magazines/ammo for the launchers. If you want this newest version let me know and I'll resend to you again.

I would appreciate it very much thanks. :D

I bought yesterday ARMA3 to play this mod.

Unfortunately, it fails to run due to the comboscrollbar issue. My luck...

I'm dying to give the mod a shot asap.

Would u mind sending me your moddified DUWS version? I'll drop u a PM.

...the comboscrollbar issue does not stop the mission from running. file sent, hope you enjoy it.

many weeks ago i posted about enemies and allies army are stop shooting, and it's become boring because no one shooting, except me

there is several comments about this problem in this Thread.

but i think most of people downloading this mod don't have the same problem like me.

does anyone have an idea to fix this problem?

Thank you,

Sorry if my english very bad

Thanks to BigShot for sending me last version.

Ehi Kibot, in the next version you could add this. ;)

@mastermankz - try starting the mission using less zones to capture...I typically use 3-5 zones and I get shot at all the time. I think a caching script might help with this if Kibot can get one in there eventually...the less processing power you have then the less AI should be on the map. Im running at 4.3Ghtz...and 3-5 zones seems to be ok most of the time...I play quick style mission...usually lasts for about an hour or 90 minutes before a restart so this way im not pushing it. Try making only 3 zones and see if it works better that way.

@D4N - yea alot of folks like those roping scripts but there's always been a chopper taxi issue within the Arma Games in general. If there is enemy around the chopper will endlessly loop in a circle and keep you up in the air until there is no longer a threat before it drops you...it happens maybe 30% of the time to me....having it fast rope you into enemy territory may not work too well in the mission. This is just the way the game is and not much a mission maker can do about it....but I agree it would be cool :-)