Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

I can tell you that TMR AI isn't the problem in either way. The TMR AI only contains altered configs. I don't know how well ASR and Alive play together since both run scripts trying to change the behavior of the AI. There is a large possibility that there may occur contradicting behavior between ASR and Alive eg one says move over there and the other says stay fortified.

Alive does nothing to change the AI... UNLESS you activate the AI Skill level module, in which case of course, you're trying to do it twice, once in the TMR and then in Alive.

Either way doesn't sound like any of the mods you've suggested - unless it's ALiVE trying to spawn in too many opfor ? Do the slow downs come on spawns ?

I would like to do more 2D optics. I have a few ideas about how to improve the system, too.

You legend! I love the optics. Thanks.

I can tell you that TMR AI isn't the problem in either way. The TMR AI only contains altered configs. I don't know how well ASR and Alive play together since both run scripts trying to change the behavior of the AI. There is a large possibility that there may occur contradicting behavior between ASR and Alive eg one says move over there and the other says stay fortified.

ALiVE is 100% compatible with ASRAI3. Like Serjames said, it will only alter AISkill if you have an AI_Skill module down. Also ASRAI3 is a pretty FPS 'light' addon which offeres a great bang for your buck. You certainly shouldn't be experiencing a 10FPS hit based off of that alone. What scripts/addons are you running on your server? Post a link to your ALiVE Mission if there are not too many addons. I will look at it.

Hey Taosani, we are using ASR AI on our server and Robalo, its maker, recommended we install TMR's hiteffects module. So my question is, how do I exactly do that? I suppose it needs to run both on the server and on the clients? Which PBOs should be installed? The server is not using any keys so that's one less thing to worry about, but I'm not sure regarding what exactly needs to be installed on the clients and on the server.

Hi there. really hope im posting in the right place here but by any chance does anyone else use TMR with bcombat mod and have a config that seems to make them work a bit better together? At times the two of them together give the best singleplayer infantry experience i've had to date (coupled with whole lotta altis), but at other times it just seems that they conflict in ways that deem it quite unplayable e.g. the AT soldiers goofing up and squad not leaving combat mode at all. If someone could explain why it's doing this and whether or not it's fixable it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Taosani, we are using ASR AI on our server and Robalo, its maker, recommended we install TMR's hiteffects module. So my question is, how do I exactly do that? I suppose it needs to run both on the server and on the clients? Which PBOs should be installed? The server is not using any keys so that's one less thing to worry about, but I'm not sure regarding what exactly needs to be installed on the clients and on the server.

I believe tmr_core and tmr_language are the dependencies, if you're looking to only get tmr_hiteffects.

If I remove "tmr_ai.pbo" I get "Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase.scope'." and I can't even put a soldier in the editor. I thought this was all modular. Since the TMR AI functions will be conflicting with ASR_AI, I thought I could remove it. What's going on?

Nice mod and i love the scopes. One question tho. Last time i used TMR for its resting feature i wasn't able to rest my weapon directly on the ground. This was fixed?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

I believe tmr_core and tmr_language are the dependencies, if you're looking to only get tmr_hiteffects.
If I remove "tmr_ai.pbo" I get "Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase.scope'." and I can't even put a soldier in the editor. I thought this was all modular. Since the TMR AI functions will be conflicting with ASR_AI, I thought I could remove it. What's going on?

Robalo, how are you setting up TMR? Are you using all of its modules?

Is there a way to have all the modules load up when you enable the mod? Rather than having to enable the Core first and then have to go back to enable all the modules.

this mod claims to increase the damage of weapons and make body armour a bit more realistic but when I install it it takes about 9 hits to the body with a 7.62 rifle to kill an enemy. is this intentional?

So I read this issue was supposed to be fixed, and I'm clearly missing something, so here it goes.

I bought Arma 3 awhile ago, and was pretty much frustrated beyond all belief at it's complete lack of realism in some of the most important aspects.

So here I am, trying to mod it and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

I read that the missing 2d scopes for the RCO and ARCO were supposed to be fixed awhile ago, but I seem to be having the exact same problem now. As soon as I load TMR-CSO or TMR, the ARCO/RCO optics are entirely useless because they have, well, no optics! Am I missing something or is this just broken for me?

Not sure what kind of information might be needed to further help me, so let me know what's needed and I'll post it.

EDIT: Very odd. It seems that the scopes work just fine in a different scenario. No idea what's wrong with that specific scenario. :/

Edited by DoomGiver32

Also another issue. When using your Autorest function, the reload animation (if using the bipod) somehow gets short circuited, causing the reload animation function to not work anymore, and when you reload, it actually removes a magazine, but never loads it into the weapon. If you however disable the autorest (slight movement to break out of it) then the weapon reloads normally and the weapon functions normally, version 0.5.3.

Also another issue. When using your Autorest function, the reload animation (if using the bipod) somehow gets short circuited, causing the reload animation function to not work anymore, and when you reload, it actually removes a magazine, but never loads it into the weapon. If you however disable the autorest (slight movement to break out of it) then the weapon reloads normally and the weapon functions normally, version 0.5.3.

Yeah, we all got this last night too - didn't check with the others but for me it was definitely only when lying down. Ended up reloading "manually" via the inventory.

Also - I was sure I saw somebody mention this, but I skimmed the last couple of pages and couldn't see it - the scopes have no crosshairs when firing from vehicles. You get the black circle cutout overlay as if the scope is up, but no crosshairs. Apologies if it's been mentioned and I missed it.

Yeah, we all got this last night too - didn't check with the others but for me it was definitely only when lying down. Ended up reloading "manually" via the inventory.

Also - I was sure I saw somebody mention this, but I skimmed the last couple of pages and couldn't see it - the scopes have no crosshairs when firing from vehicles. You get the black circle cutout overlay as if the scope is up, but no crosshairs. Apologies if it's been mentioned and I missed it.

Yeah I reported it a few pages ago. Maybe Taosenai is waiting for the FFV thing to settle down before working on it. My personal feeling is that when in FFV it appears that the vehicle is firing, not the player. If you sit in a heli and fire tracers you can see that they're not actually leaving your rifle but are coming from next to you. Perhaps this causes issues with the 2D scope overlay.

Yeah I reported it a few pages ago. Maybe Taosenai is waiting for the FFV thing to settle down before working on it. My personal feeling is that when in FFV it appears that the vehicle is firing, not the player. If you sit in a heli and fire tracers you can see that they're not actually leaving your rifle but are coming from next to you. Perhaps this causes issues with the 2D scope overlay.

Thanks, knew I'd seen it somewhere. I figured it was because the firing from vehicles is actually a turret (or something) - read something about Alive having some issues relating to it being done this way, too.

"When using your Autorest function, the reload animation (if using the bipod) somehow gets short circuited, causing the reload animation function to not work anymore, and when you reload, it actually removes a magazine, but never loads it into the weapon. If you however disable the autorest (slight movement to break out of it) then the weapon reloads normally and the weapon functions normally, version 0.5.3. "

I'm having this problem too. And if there are a lot of enemies, you don't want to waste time disabling the auto-rest feature, or going into the inventory system, just to manually reload new clips. This bug really needs to be fixed quickly, or the auto-rest function becomes more of a hindrance than a help.

-V

Adding this for visibility in the next update - originally from the ASR AI thread:

Let's see, after a quick debug, found that tmr_bodyarmor breaks class CAManBase:

class CAManBase { // <-- class redefined without inheritance
	class HitPoints {
		class HitHead {
			armor = 1;
			passThrough = true;
			radius = 0.1;
			explosionShielding = 0.5;
		};

class HitBody {
			armor = 1;
			passThrough = true;
			radius = 0.15;
			explosionShielding = 6;
		};

class HitHands {
			armor = 1;
			passThrough = true;
			radius = 0.08;
			explosionShielding = 1;
		};

class HitLegs {
			armor = 1;
			passThrough = true;
			radius = 0.1;
			explosionShielding = 1;
		};
	};
	armor = 2;
	armorStructural = 5;
};

So the easy fix is to remove that pbo.

Regarding the bug reported above where deploying a bipod triggers a condition where you can't reload and each time you try a mag disappears from your inventory, I did a good bit of testing this afternoon and here's what I found. I'm running the latest CBA 1.0.9.140907 RC4, joint_rails 0.10, attachments 0.10, and TMR 0.5-alpha-3 with latest official TMR autorest enabled. You actually do not need a bipod to trigger the bug.

1) Get a rifle that is bipod capable like the MXM along with a few mags.

2) Do NOT have any bipod equipped or in your inventory.

3) Go prone, perform a 'hard' auto-rest, fire the weapon, attempt to reload. (Some times it takes a few mags).

4) That permanently triggers the condition for me.

Interestingly, to fix the bug in-game I found that if you then get the generic bipod and equip it the bug is fixed until you repeat 3. From that point if you accidentally repeat 3 you have to leave prone, de-equip, and re-equip the bipod and it clears it up again. Hope this helps Taosenai or someone else debug this faster. Cheers.

Edited by rwwiggins

Regarding the bug reported above where deploying a bipod triggers a condition where you can't reload and each time you try a mag disappears from your inventory, I did a good bit of testing this afternoon and here's what I found. I'm running the latest CBA 1.0.9.140907 RC4, joint_rails 0.10, attachments 0.10, and TMR 0.5-alpha-3 with latest official TMR autorest enabled. You actually do not need a bipod to trigger the bug.

1) Get a rifle that is bipod capable like the MXM along with a few mags.

2) Do NOT have any bipod equipped or in your inventory.

3) Go prone, perform a 'hard' auto-rest, fire the weapon, attempt to reload. (Some times it takes a few mags).

4) That permanently triggers the condition for me.

Interestingly, to fix the bug in-game I found that if you then get the generic bipod and equip it the bug is fixed until you repeat 3. From that point if you accidentally repeat 3 you have to leave prone, de-equip, and re-equip the bipod and it clears it up again. Hope this helps Taosenai or someone else debug this faster. Cheers.

A faster method to recover is to drop a mag, then pick it up. Now you can reload again. So no need to unequip stuff.

It's pretty quick to just look up (and so detach the weapon from resting) and reload. Or, if you accidentally reloaded and lost a magazine, just drag one from your inventory to your weapon - no need to be dropping things or unequipping etc, just reload manually through the inventory. Obviously not a fix but a workaround in the meantime.