Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

I am afraid so, just tested with only CBA, TMR and WW AImenu (latest versions) and while the rest icon appears the key for the bipod does not work.

Thanks for the menu by the way, it's a must have:D

Thanks I will look into this, though I am puzzled since every other mod works, including TMR's PCML lock, which should mean both mods are not interfering. I wouldn't want to break TMR's mod, it's amazing.

+1 it´s all fine on my end (bipods working, no other addon messed) and I´ve got around 10 gigs of addons activated lol

There are some hilarious bugs with hard-resting right now related to animations, which I am fixing. 0.3.2 very soon.

My fault for rushing out a new feature without testing.

Hello there

I'm adoring the 2d scopes (that feels strange to say) I'd like the surround to be clearer rather than greyed/blacked out, But that's just me.

Superb stuff.

Rdgs

LoK

Yeah I can confirm the hard resting is working fine with WW_AIMenu. No conflicts here. Make sure you have latest versions of both mods.

Hey, I'm getting a situation where its possible to hard-rest a weapon, but putting a bipod on it causes it to be unable to either hard-rest or deploy a bipod in that position. Would it be possible to either allow the bipod to be deployed in those situations, or allow a weapon whose bipod-resting check fails to also check if it may be hard-rested in the area?

hi im having a prblem here with the 2d scopes when i aim in its just a black outline, like u know the background is darken where its suppose to be but there is no scope just the black, anyone know how to fix it ?

This just gets better and better. Downloading the update now.

Yeah I can confirm the hard resting is working fine with WW_AIMenu. No conflicts here. Make sure you have latest versions of both mods.

Just tested WW_AIMenu v0.9965 with TMR 0.31 - all is well:)

Thanks again!

There is a bug in the animation when you have hard reset on and try to change your stance. The switch stance animation is played 4 times or so in a row.

Would it be possible to make weapon resting manual, Windwalking Taosenai?

edit, got the names confused. :)

Edited by Zorg_DK

Would it be possible to make weapon resting manual, Windwalking?

Tao is the man to ask. He is the one who made this awesome mod.

Hello there

I'm adoring the 2d scopes (that feels strange to say) I'd like the surround to be clearer rather than greyed/blacked out, But that's just me.

Superb stuff.

Rdgs

LoK

That's how it is in real life, the surroundings are blurred out because you only focus on the reticle/target. No need to change that.

What is the difference between hard resting and the old "icon resting" that we had before? Is the latter less effective than the former?

As in: no resting < icon resting < hard resting < bipod resting.

Yay!

Couple of things - Tao could you make that if the weapon has bi-pod it could be bi-pod-rested on the ground. Now you have to look for an object to rest it on. And second - put the bipods into basic weapons box, coz most of the missions do not provide support crate. And I noticed a bug of some sort - sometimes switching on and of rangefinder it shows different optic overlayed on top of rangefinders one.

0.3.2 Changelog

- Added: tmr_autorest - Hard rest no longer causes animation glitches.

- Fixed: tmr_autorest - Hard rest works with bipod.

- Changed: Sway and recoil increased slightly in unrested stances.

Get it fresh! This should be the last bug fix for a while, I hope...

Hey, I'm getting a situation where its possible to hard-rest a weapon, but putting a bipod on it causes it to be unable to either hard-rest or deploy a bipod in that position. Would it be possible to either allow the bipod to be deployed in those situations, or allow a weapon whose bipod-resting check fails to also check if it may be hard-rested in the area?

Thanks, fixed.

There is a bug in the animation when you have hard reset on and try to change your stance. The switch stance animation is played 4 times or so in a row.

Fixed.

Would it be possible to make weapon resting manual, Windwalking Taosenai?

edit, got the names confused. :)

It is, essentially -- the automatic rest just lets you know its possible to manually 'hard rest.' It also slightly reduces recoil.

What is the difference between hard resting and the old "icon resting" that we had before? Is the latter less effective than the former?

As in: no resting < icon resting < hard resting < bipod resting.

No rest is nothing. Icon resting means hard resting is possible and it reduces your recoil. Hard resting reduces recoil and sway. Bipod resting further reduces recoil and brings sway down to almost nothing. (Some of the sway you see is not sway per se, but the model wobbling around due to his Restless Leg Syndrome in prone.)

Couple of things - Tao could you make that if the weapon has bi-pod it could be bi-pod-rested on the ground. Now you have to look for an object to rest it on. And second - put the bipods into basic weapons box, coz most of the missions do not provide support crate. And I noticed a bug of some sort - sometimes switching on and of rangefinder it shows different optic overlayed on top of rangefinders one.

Bipods should rest on the ground -- you may be on a slope or something where the bipod can't reach the ground.

Rangefinder issue should be fixed as of 0.3.1.

The attachable bipods are sort of a special thing and should be added at the mission maker's discretion, I think. Most non-marksman/sniper or MGs shouldn't have one, usually, and those all have one by default.

Edited by Taosenai

That's how it is in real life, the surroundings are blurred out because you only focus on the reticle/target. No need to change that.

Hello there

In real life it takes a microsecond to defocus and use the wider view so, thats why id prefer the less dark surround. I like the blur of the sights but from a realism vs gameplay view, Id prefer the surround to be clear. Again, just my opinion :)

Rgds

LoK

I'm having an issue with the MRCO, the zoomed in reticle looks nothing like the unzoomed reticle, i am seeing the same reticle as it is on the HAMR. Is that supposed to be like that or is that a bug?

I'm guessing 0.3.2 fixes the glitched I witnessed in which I would place a backpack on the ground, go prone with an MX sans bipod, "hard rest" and hit reload and get stuck in the animation?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I've noticed that in the Server RPT upon starting up my Dedicated Server the following:

--

Conflicting addon tmr_smallarms_recoil in 'tmr_smallarms_recoil_heavy\', previous definition in 'tmr_smallarms_recoil\'

--

@ Fisgas;

i believe it is supposed to be that way(i like it that way) 3d for the non zoom(bis default) and 2D for the zoom.

Edited by kklownboy
lack of qoute...

Hello there

In real life it takes a microsecond to defocus and use the wider view so, thats why id prefer the less dark surround. I like the blur of the sights but from a realism vs gameplay view, Id prefer the surround to be clear. Again, just my opinion :)

Rgds

LoK

This is actually something I thought about quite a bit. The issue is technical. In a perfect world, only the area inside the scope view would be magnified, and the rest would be normal (the so-called PiP approach). This isn't currently possible at acceptable performance levels in Arma 3's engine. So instead the entire view has to zoom, which means that you get magnification of an area outside the 9 degrees or so FOV of the optic. In reality, that area would of course not be zoomed -- but you can still see it at 1x, and detect motion at a distance and such. That's why I went with a blur and darkening -- you can still make out motion and figures, but you can't see clearly. It's not authentic, but it's roughly equivalent to realistic limitations.

I'm having an issue with the MRCO, the zoomed in reticle looks nothing like the unzoomed reticle, i am seeing the same reticle as it is on the HAMR. Is that supposed to be like that or is that a bug?

It's like that until BI says it's okay to hex-edit their models. I have already made the necessary edits; just can't redistribute.

I'm guessing 0.3.2 fixes the glitched I witnessed in which I would place a backpack on the ground, go prone with an MX sans bipod, "hard rest" and hit reload and get stuck in the animation?

Yes, fixed in 0.3.2.

I've noticed that in the Server RPT upon starting up my Dedicated Server the following:

--

Conflicting addon tmr_smallarms_recoil in 'tmr_smallarms_recoil_heavy\', previous definition in 'tmr_smallarms_recoil\'

--

Thanks for reporting this. I accidentally shipped a totally incomplete test addon, tmr_smallarms_recoil_heavy, with 0.3.2. The only effect is this rpt error and a slightly heavier MX recoil than I intended to ship. You can delete tmr_smallarms_recoil_heavy.pbo if you'd like.

Disposable Weapons

There is a "throw away" key for when an AT is used?