Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Not sure how this could be fixed. I was playing the combined arms showcase and since myself and the another AT soldier now only have a single shot we are announcing we are out of ammo right off the bat and the AI squad leader keeps telling us to rearm which seems to be breaking the advancing of the mission as he is waiting for us to rearm before ordering the rest of the squad to move.
From what I understood Tao is fixing this with the next release.

@Tao: Did you make up your mind about renaming the weapons to their IRL counterparts? Bacuse the Scorpion EVO -> Sting renaming is just

well

crap. :D

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

@Tao: Did you make up your mind about renaming the weapons to their IRL counterparts? Bacuse the Scorpion EVO -> Sting renaming is just

well

crap. :D

Copyright, copyright. I guess that CZ approached them about it. Still, would be nice to have the name changes.

Copyright, copyright. I guess that CZ approached them about it. Still, would be nice to have the name changes.
One thing always bugged me: why can custom mods use real names and BIS can't? Is it because the Mods are not made to earn money, or is it still copyright infringment and they just let it go because it would just be too much fuss for the companies to contact the single user?

Yay!

I hope to fix the saving issue today and release test4.

Not sure how this could be fixed. I was playing the combined arms showcase and since myself and the another AT soldier now only have a single shot we are announcing we are out of ammo right off the bat and the AI squad leader keeps telling us to rearm which seems to be breaking the

advancing of the mission as he is waiting for us to rearm before ordering the rest of the squad to move.

My plan to is to replace the default AT loadout with a MAAWS-style reloadable weapon for BLUFOR. This will resolve most of these situations. It's going to take some time though. In the meantime, simply disable the tmr_disposable module if you are playing missions designed around having 3 PCML launches available.

Also, on trademarks, in the United States the Supreme Court has ruled that video games are protected as free speech and like other forms of media can use trademarked names and product depictions without licensing so long as it does not suggest that the game was made by the trademark owner. Copyright does not apply to so-called useful inventions, like rifles, tanks, and airplanes (patents serve for that).

Personally I think the companies can go pound salt, but BI's position is wisely careful. EA can afford to fight a battle with Textron/Bell over this issue (EA v Textron, District Court of Northern California). BI just can't.

Edited by Taosenai

Wow, I can't believe I haven't stumbled across this mod yet. This is just fantastic work Taosenai! And you've been doing all of this alone? Very impressive. I know you're "only" scripting, but with all of the research, documentation, and tutorial missions- that's a lot of work for one person (especially work of such high quality!). All I can say is keep up the great work man. This is easily one of the few "must have" Arma 3 mods.

Thanks Tao I will test it asap. Also which pbo that affects suppressors not working on different weapons? it does break a few missions.

Thanks Tao I will test it asap. Also which pbo that affects suppressors not working on different weapons? it does break a few missions.

Good catch. Currently you have to disable the whole tmr_smallarms set, which shouldn't be necessary. I will update this before the final version of 0.3. You'll then be able to remove the tmr_smallarms_suppressors_unique module to get rid of that for such missions.

Okay, 0.3 final is ready to go as soon I get some feedback on whether I fixed the save issue.

Edited by Taosenai

Hello!

Just did some testing test4. Unfortunately, the loading issue seems to still be there.

when I loaded a mission which was save while looking down the optics, I got the empty zoomed circle. Aiming again fixed the problem immediately.

Also i still can't seem to get bipod deployed for any weapon that has one(or should have one, like the MXM) :(

Really excited about your addon btw, thank you for your work!

Hello!

Just did some testing test4. Unfortunately, the loading issue seems to still be there.

when I loaded a mission which was save while looking down the optics, I got the empty zoomed circle. Aiming again fixed the problem immediately.

Also i still can't seem to get bipod deployed for any weapon that has one(or should have one, like the MXM) :(

Really excited about your addon btw, thank you for your work!

As long as it was fixed when you backed out and aimed down the sights again, I'm happy with that. I'll see about fixing the issue when you save while sighted in down the road.

Try doing the resting tutorial and see what key it tells you to press to deploy the bipod.

If that was the intended function after a reload then yep, it works perfectly:) Can't imagine why someone would save with optics up tbh.

I have bound the "Next target" key to all sorts of keys. Currently it is set to "Tab" and the tutorial correctly tells me to use it to deploy, but no dice:(

Any ideas?

One thing always bugged me: why can custom mods use real names and BIS can't? Is it because the Mods are not made to earn money, or is it still copyright infringment and they just let it go because it would just be too much fuss for the companies to contact the single user?

Yay!

Because if a company sues BIS then can make money from it. If they sue an individual they probably wont even get back the lawyers fees. Oh. And another reason is mod makers don't make money from their product.

Good on BIS for following their legal obligations I say. Even if others don't.

Edited by thx1137

0.3 is released in the OP if anyone didn't notice! (With some stuff not in any of the test versions.)

Please continue to test and report bugs.

Excellent job Taosenai. I don't mind the default ARMA implementation but now that we have a choice your improved optics are a must have I think.

That we have such great modders and a game that lets them do there thing for us all to enjoy is rather fantastic!

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

I don't think anyone has reported this. I checked back a number of pages.

I was shooting away admiring the optics when an AI shot me dead. As soon as that occurred I got the following error:

Error in expression <= false;

if (tmr_optics_currentOptic != _optic) then {

tmr_optics_currentOptic =>

Error position: <_optic) then {

tmr_optics_currentOptic =>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _optic

File tmr_optics\init.sqf, line 293

I find your aiming reticul to be more accurate than the BIS version. Well. I hit my targets more often anyway...

Tried this today (tmr0.3 + dev build) - I get the black weapon resting icon, but the sway and spread seem unaffected. I have enabled the sway, autorest and core addons, running with CBA3....anyone know what I'm missing?

Edited by Mandrake

0.3 is released in the OP if anyone didn't notice! (With some stuff not in any of the test versions.)

Please continue to test and report bugs.

Hello Taosenai,

first of all thank you for your amazing mod. It brings much needed realism into ArmA 3.

Just wanted to say that 0.3 release fixed a bipod deployment for me. We played with previous release of 0.3 version on coop and never managed to make it to work on Dev build. This one works great with ACRE, NATO and FHQ weapon packs.

One question, are you planning on adding more compatible weapons with TMR_acc_bipod? Or release script to make custom weapons able to use it?

Good luck in your development.

Hello again,

Loving version 0.3!

After a bit of testing I can confirm that the bipod functionality conflicts with the WW_AImenu unfortunately. With both these addons enabled the bipod does not function.

Looking forward to what's next!

Tried this today (tmr0.3 + dev build) - I get the black weapon resting icon, but the sway and spread seem unaffected. I have enabled the sway, autorest and core addons, running with CBA3....anyone know what I'm missing?

This is unfortunately due to an engine limitation. The 'resting' icon only lowers recoil. The reason is that sway is a property of your animation stance, so the only way to adjust it is to change the player's animation. This results in a screen jerk and interrupted movement -- clearly not acceptable for something that dynamically applies like the resting. (Such a system is used with the bipod.) I'm tentatively considering adding the ability to deploy weapons on objects even without a bipod, though the sway and recoil control would not be as rock solid as it is with a bipod.

Hello Taosenai,

first of all thank you for your amazing mod. It brings much needed realism into ArmA 3.

Just wanted to say that 0.3 release fixed a bipod deployment for me. We played with previous release of 0.3 version on coop and never managed to make it to work on Dev build. This one works great with ACRE, NATO and FHQ weapon packs.

One question, are you planning on adding more compatible weapons with TMR_acc_bipod? Or release script to make custom weapons able to use it?

Good luck in your development.

Unfortunately due to the :mad: way in which weapon accessories must be hard-coded into the config for any weapon that can use them, this is fairly tricky. Either the maintainer of the weapons package can add TMR_acc_bipod as a possible attachment, or I can make a compatibility package. I'll look into some of the popular weapons packs.

This is unfortunately due to an engine limitation. The 'resting' icon only lowers recoil. The reason is that sway is a property of your animation stance, so the only way to adjust it is to change the player's animation. This results in a screen jerk and interrupted movement -- clearly not acceptable for something that dynamically applies like the resting. (Such a system is used with the bipod.) I'm tentatively considering adding the ability to deploy weapons on objects even without a bipod, though the sway and recoil control would not be as rock solid as it is with a bipod.

I would much prefer a system where you had to hit a button every time to rest but received lower sway, over a system where it rested automatically but you only gain lower recoil.

I would much prefer a system where you had to hit a button every time to rest but received lower sway, over a system where it rested automatically but you only gain lower recoil.

I would like a system that did/provided both ;)

@Taosenai,

After updating to the 0.3 version, the save and scope lost bug indeed has gone, but the scopshadow lost effect.

I'm tentatively considering adding the ability to deploy weapons on objects even without a bipod, though the sway and recoil control would not be as rock solid as it is with a bipod.

I think this would be a pretty great idea, especially for missions where the TMR bipod attachment is not available.

Hi Taosenai ! :)

Gr8 job on 0.3 release :) Loving it, however the problem with optics texture appearing a little later than shadowed area around optic is still there. Have You tried to fix it? :)