Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Oh how interesting, I use a custom FOV !

This is the only possible way to explain why it doesn't work with my "vanilla" settings.

I will try later today to confirm.

Thank you:)

I confirm : this is FOV related for me, the problem disappears with vanilla settings.

Would prefer to keep my FOV, tho ;-P

Edit : I tried from 70 default to 76 and it still works :) higher values near 80 will clearly broke the addon.

Edited by NikoTeen

Dev build, 1080p, all optics :(, all missions :(, editor NOK :(

I tried with only your mod and CBA (I wonder if CBA released a more up to date version that could be the cause like in the past...)

Same, and also custom FOV.

I confirm : this is FOV related for me, the problem disappears with vanilla settings.

Would prefer to keep my FOV, tho ;-P

Edit : I tried from 70 default to 76 and it still works :) higher values near 80 will clearly broke the addon.

I use a FOV of 95, and I can confirm that the reticles do not appear.

I however don't have any custom fov. I do have bigger GUI but why would that interfere? Doesn't make sense.

Ah, a FOV issue, then. I am using a CBA call to get the FOV; I'll look into exactly how that functions and see if I can duplicate the issue you guys with custom FOVs are having. (It's some issue in my code, not in CBA.) The save issue is baffling but I'll keep working on it.

I may change my approach to this entirely, though the cost will be some of the cool animations...

To answer a few questions:

- ARCO and HAMR are for 6.5mm, MRCO is for 5.56mm, reticles for 7.62mm (Mk18 ABR) are coming.

- AI will automatically drop PCML tubes after firing in the next version.

I am not sure what is going on with the save but just ignore me if its not helpful. This is how I usually detect reloading in the game.

_loaded = [] spawn {disableSerialization; waitUntil {false};};
waitUntil {scriptDone _loaded};
[_this select 0] execvm "\ModName\init.sqf";

This basically executes the init file if the user loaded the save game. DisableSerialization will never save even if its an open loop so the script wont be done till the user reloads again.

Like I said I do not know if this is even the problem, just trying to help.

Well, I looked into the FOV situation and found the issue. The problem is that when you have a higher-than-default FOV, when you go into optics you do not get the exact FOV for the optics set in their config file. TMR relies on you being at the correct FOV in order to detect which optics mode you're in.

This is best illustrated with an image:

4oAEOnA.jpg

This is the same 4x MRCO view from the same position; as you can see, the magnification/FOV of the scope varies together with the world FOV. This behavior is not correct and is an engine bug, as far as I can tell. I will report it to BI on the Feedback Tracker.

For now, those using custom FOVs will need to disable the tmr_optics module. (If you use the similar animated reticles in ACE for Arma 2, you will notice that this issue occurs with high custom FOVs there, too, for the same reason.)

Sorry guys. I can't think of a solution to this which isn't a bad or unpredictable hack.

Edit: Reported this issue at http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13868

---------- Post added at 05:22 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

I've just spent an hour rapidly loading, saving, and playing both a simple mission I made and the Dynamic Universal War System mission on Steam Workshop and I cannot duplicate the issue where the scope graphics do not load. I must've saved and reloaded 200 times, including Save & Exit -> Resume, without any problems. Is it only happening after a full Arma 3 restart? Does it happen only after you've done something in the mission? I'm baffled.

Rather than detecting loads, tmr_optics checks if its UI element is drawn; if not, it redraws it. This routine runs consistently after loading. The only thing that could be fooling it is if some other script or addon draws on its layer (which would be bad behavior on the part of that script, as TMR properly uses BIS_fnc_rscLayer to get a free layer).

Edited by Taosenai

Ok I did a few more tests. Seems to function great with save and save&exit. BUT, once I restart Arma, it wouldn't load in the game again. We are zoning in on the problem?

@Taosenai,

How about making a same effect for SOS optic like the other three optics? I mean add inner scope, then make the 2D scope more like 3D scope.

Tao, you might want to put on hold optics development until tomorrow: check this post from pettka:

Just to put everything in scope - there has been next to 5 GB of addons (re)uploaded and expected download size is going to be a bit less than a GB (blessed be Our Dear Leader for choosing Steam) :icon_twisted:

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but there are some unmentioned thingies like optics in the package :icon_twisted:

Yay!

Ok I did a few more tests. Seems to function great with save and save&exit. BUT, once I restart Arma, it wouldn't load in the game again. We are zoning in on the problem?

Okay, now I know what to look for. Thanks.

@Taosenai,

How about making a same effect for SOS optic like the other three optics? I mean add inner scope, then make the 2D scope more like 3D scope.

Planned, along with several different reticles for it!

Tao, you might want to put on hold optics development until tomorrow: check this post from pettka:

That was probably in reference to the Nightstalker and TWS sights that were added.

When you have the free time, might it be possible to add recoil values for certain weapons from modern times, such as the AK47, AK74, AK107, M4, M16? It would be possible to use the MK20's recoil values for most of them since the caliber is the same, but as far as I'm aware each of those has some form of mechanism for further reducing recoil; would be good as a modder's resource if someone wanted to have compatibility with TMR.

Looking forward to see what you do with the new optics, though, if there's anything planned! I like the idea of a built-in rangefinder, if that might be extended to anything besides the new optics.

Hey Taosenai, do you have plan to change damage values of rifles/pistols ?

Actually the pistols are worthless like often with Arma games and the rifles are better with your enhanced ballistics but often at 300 m you have to hit 3-4 times with 6.5 mm to register a kill ...

That would be so much better to disable a unit with one or two shots, like in real condition ! :cool:

The Bipod/resting system needs a look at regarding hills.

While its totally agreeable that you shouldnt be able to shoot in a high angle and still have a resting position it appears that the angle you still have resting is far to low. At certain areas you can only aim at a negative angle (therefore aiming at the ground) when you want to have weapon resting.

Greetings

I agree with NordKindchen above and use VTS weapon resting instead as it is far more forgiving when on slight downslopes. I would much prefer for TMS to be doing the weapon resting as I use the most of the other modules.

VTS also allows you to move around a little whilst posted up without having to repost the bipod. It is far nicer to use.

Edited by rotekz

First : thanks for this awesome mod !

Second : Did you planned to add possibility to see trough NVGs in your optics zoomed in ?

Can you post a screenshot of a situation in which you think the deployed bipod could rest on sloping downhill ground and still aim upwards? I made the system the way it is with some care, so I'm interested if it isn't working as intended. If you'd like to get more elevation off of the ground on a slope so you can rest the bipod, try dropping your backpack and using that as a platform. Or even a launcher or helmet. TMR resting works on all of those just as you'd expect.

TMR's bipod will stay active as long you don't slide it off whatever flat surface it is resting on. You can see this in my release video. If that happens, just hit your rest key again when you're back on a surface. No Rotapod-type system is possible with the current weapon animation system.

Definitely no NVGs through the optics. I've been told by several experienced folks that it's nearly impossible to look down even a 4x optic with a head-mounted NVD. You need a PVS-22 mounted forward of the sight or a dedicated NV sight. Luckily BI just added one to the dev branch!

Can you post a screenshot of a situation in which you think the deployed bipod could rest on sloping downhill ground and still aim upwards? I made the system the way it is with some care, so I'm interested if it isn't working as intended. If you'd like to get more elevation off of the ground on a slope so you can rest the bipod, try dropping your backpack and using that as a platform. Or even a launcher or helmet. TMR resting works on all of those just as you'd expect.

TMR's bipod will stay active as long you don't slide it off whatever flat surface it is resting on.

It's just a pain in the butt and made me swear loads. Then I tried VTS and thought 'Thats better!'. Your weapon resting is too strict on the conditions required. Dropping back packs and helmets is just a faff that will get me shot.

It makes sens !

I've found and "fix" an optics bug (don't worry nothing about yours) When i've tried to add new NVGs to any weapons no one of them can be put on anything. After many tests i'm 100% sure it's the FHQ Accessory mod fault so for who want to use Taosenai Optics AND new NVGs/TWS from BiS and can't do that; simply remove FQH Accessory Mod of your addons pack(I prefer to say it if it can help some teams).

Your weapon resting is too strict on the conditions required.

Yes ..i totally agree.

In reality isn't such a pain in the @ss to "somewhat" stabilize your weapon.

I m using this mod all the time but rarely it was there where i needed it most

I have met the same bug, the MRCO will lost the outer scope and reticles after resume the saved mission, just the inner scope still there, and the other two optics have same bug. Even if I grab another MRCO from ammobox and exchange it with the one on the rail, still doesn't work.

Same here, Tao, devmode latest/no FOV messing/16:9 ratio

thanks for this addon, it really "adds on" to the whole A3 experience ;D

Could it be an issue with CBA, as it seems some CBA functions stop working after loading a saved mission or sometimes after respawn???

Not sure how this could be fixed. I was playing the combined arms showcase and since myself and the another AT soldier now only have a single shot we are announcing we are out of ammo right off the bat and the AI squad leader keeps telling us to rearm which seems to be breaking the advancing of the mission as he is waiting for us to rearm before ordering the rest of the squad to move.