Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

The balistics on the RPG-42 seem to be broken for some reason..

And i cant show a video of it because this is the first time i post, i will make 2 post then..

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Here is the

of the broken RPG balistics

EDIT I dont know what i did but the balistics are fixed.

Edited by Lodvib

The balistics on the RPG-42 seem to be broken for some reason..

And i cant show a video of it because this is the first time i post, i will make 2 post then..

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Here is the

of the broken RPG balistics

do you have the latest version of the mod?

Will address recent questions soon (and get 0.3.4 out), but now I want to make a call for feedback tracker votes. As part of my work on TMR I have started looking at AI values -- adjusting their rates of fire and firing behaviors, spotting, hearing, etc. -- and I found a really sinister bug.

This video is taken through the eyes of an AI. What you see here is one AI soldier, with difficulty set to Regular, versus one enemy AI soldier. Both have their editor difficulty sliders set to 0.

You can see that when the AI sees you, they don't just learn your position, they learn everything about you for a brief period. That period continues even when they drop into prone in a bush -- the first thing they do when they see you -- and it doesn't matter if they can see you anymore or not. You're just as dead.

At the end you can also see why this becomes a real problem when you have an actual team using this. Because the AI shares knowledge, if there's one AI that can see you, every other AI can shoot you perfectly -- bush or not. Hell of a spotter team!

There are no mods in this video (no TMR). All stock A3.

Please take a look at the behavior -- fully reproducible -- and go vote for my ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14905

This is part of what i hate about A3.

Yay!

This is part of what i hate about A3.

Yay!

Agreed.

Also Tao...I have an issue with the optics. I play on 6040x1008 and when I look through my optics, the optics are all squashed

8u55.jpg

MrFlay had already warned us ´bout this "Hive Mind" behavior on A3 bots... he even wrote a SP Hack script to disable it, so we could make stealth mission (impossible as it was, cause if you attack one sentry, all the other mystically became aware of your presence and the alarm was triggered)...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162691-Stealth-Hack-SP-(script)&highlight=Hive+Mind

He managed to make so that the alarm was only triggered if the bot spotted the killed sentry! Please, Taosenai, take a look at his code and see if it can be coded into an addon ;D

Two suggestions/requests for you Tao;

1: Remove the magic radar aspect of the Radar Warning Receiver for all vehicles that do not have radar and perhaps have limited radar for those that do e.g. a forward facing sweeping radar for jets.

2: Reduce damage and capability of the DAGR rockets, I made ticket about this here.

Edited by Trauma.au

;2515206']MrFlay had already warned us ´bout this "Hive Mind" behavior on A3 bots... he even wrote a SP Hack script to disable it' date=' so we could make stealth mission (impossible as it was, cause if you attack one sentry, all the other mystically became aware of your presence and the alarm was triggered)...

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162691-Stealth-Hack-SP-(script)&highlight=Hive+Mind[/url]

He managed to make so that the alarm was only triggered if the bot spotted the killed sentry! Please, Taosenai, take a look at his code and see if it can be coded into an addon ;D

I strongly believe this suggestion is totally out-of-scope of this mod.

This mod is trying to enhance very specific sections.

Anyway ..(and thanks for the link) i also strongly believe you SHOULD make a reminder to the guys who actually making mods

aiming exactly on this field..the -AI behavior-

Such mods are i.e. ASR_AI / TPW_MODS.

If BI won't fix this with some way..those guys should certainly do it because it's game-breaker..

You´re right GioryGR, I´ve just posted here ´cus Tao mentioned the Hive behavior... I´ll give a hint to TPW if he´s already aware of this (I have a hunch he maybe had it solved, as the AI with his addon didn´t look so onipresent)

cheers =)

The MX SW doesnt have sound for single shot usage? and the ARCO seem to be bugged too, i have the outlining but not the inside optics for some reason did i mess something up? Beside that everything is peachy, i just hope i could reset the launchers to what they were before, but sadly removing th NLAW pbo seem to give trouble with loadout thingy :(

Agreed.

Also Tao...I have an issue with the optics. I play on 6040x1008 and when I look through my optics, the optics are all squashed

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4196/8u55.jpg

Fixed in 0.3.4, very soon. If someone would just send me three 27" monitors to test these bugs would never happen!

Two suggestions/requests for you Tao;

1: Remove the magic radar aspect of the Radar Warning Receiver for all vehicles that do not have radar and perhaps have limited radar for those that do e.g. a forward facing sweeping radar for jets.

2: Reduce damage and capability of the DAGR rockets, I made ticket about this here.

These types of things are long-range planned but I am focusing on infantry stuff first to give BI time to finish their plans for vehicles.

The MX SW doesnt have sound for single shot usage? and the ARCO seem to be bugged too, i have the outlining but not the inside optics for some reason did i mess something up? Beside that everything is peachy, i just hope i could reset the launchers to what they were before, but sadly removing th NLAW pbo seem to give trouble with loadout thingy :(

Both of these bugs fixed in 0.3.4. For removing the launchers, remove tmr_nlaw, tmr_rpg42, and tmr_u_loadouts. The loadouts module only does launcher stuff.

0.3.4 releases tonight or I'm a bad dev!

2D but you can still see an area of darkened, blurred peripheral vision around the outside of the eyepiece instead of the solid black shroud we had in previous titles and still have on things like the RPG/PCML NV sights.

but that's the worst thing about these: darkened peripheral vision makes them essentially exactly what the old and awful cut-out circles were.

I understand why it's done this way, but zoomed in overall view is not reason enough to go back to the 90s.

ideally, scopes in Arma should be a combination of what this mod does and what vanilla provides: scope takes less room on the screen, scope itself is blurred out, everything around it is clearly visible.

unfortunately, I'm probably the only person that prefers vanilla scopes - for one reason only: they're nothing like the shit we had in Arma 2. and Tao's scopes, while a definite improvement in many other respects, are dangerously close to Arma 2 scopes.

but that's the worst thing about these: darkened peripheral vision makes them essentially exactly what the old and awful cut-out circles were.

I understand why it's done this way, but zoomed in overall view is not reason enough to go back to the 90s.

ideally, scopes in Arma should be a combination of what this mod does and what vanilla provides: scope takes less room on the screen, scope itself is blurred out, everything around it is clearly visible.

unfortunately, I'm probably the only person that prefers vanilla scopes - for one reason only: they're nothing like the shit we had in Arma 2. and Tao's scopes, while a definite improvement in many other respects, are dangerously close to Arma 2 scopes.

the problem i have with vanilla scopes is that they are to hard to see anything with. then again its more to do with my monitor then anything else, but either way i hate how the default scopes have so little useable real estate.

they probably would work really well with oculus rift (in fact they might be the only way to work a scope), but for smaller monitors i'm not convienced

I love the 2D scope Tao although since I do not have a very powerful computer it does take a little bit more than it should to load. Is there anyway for you to fix this??

I love the 2D scope Tao although since I do not have a very powerful computer it does take a little bit more than it should to load. Is there anyway for you to fix this??
Quoting Tao himself:
New optics system (unreleased) resolves this by greatly accelerating the detection of optics.
:D

Yay!

First off i wanted to say i love the mod, cant play A3 with out it!

But there has been one thing bugging me. There's a huge ambient light from muzzle flash in A3, even with handguns or suppressors. From the last time i looked, firelightintensity was the same for all guns. It would be great if this could be changed to something a big more real, would make night missions much more fun.

Thanks again for the mod!

Much prefer Tao's scopes over the vanilla ones. Honestly, anything is better than the vanilla ones, even those from A2. Currently the vanilla ones are not only a half hearted attempt at implementing 3D scopes, they're also horribly unrealistic for a number of reasons. For starters, they're too dirty. If the dirt is on the outside, it'd be cleaned off sharpish, and if it was on the inside, well, then the scope is broken. Then there's the flare from lights, that you don't get IRL. The scope material shadows it a bit, and more importantly, when you look through the scope, your head will definitely provide a lot of shadow. And third, yeah, scopes sway, but they sway along with your view, not independently of it. Anyone who's ever held even a BB rifle with a scope knows that when you rest your cheek against the stock of the rifle, the sway of your view and that of the scope will be the same. Only if the weapon the scope was mounted on didn't have a stock would the current sway be realistic.

Fourth, seeing things outside the scope should be harder than through the scope. Not only in game due to the horrible all around zoom that means you're better off using your Superman eyes than your rifle scope, but because IRL you close one of your eyes, and focus on looking down the scope.

And five, things are to small with the vanilla scopes, and thus too hard to see. This is due to your average PC screen being vastly smaller than your IRL FOV.

Long story short, vanilla scopes are horribly unrealistic and badly made, though they may look a bit cooler. Tao's are considerably more realistic and well made, even implementing proper scope reticles and such, as opposed to generic ones.

0.3.4 is released, a little behind schedule due to some last minute bug fixes.

Highlights: tmr_optics fixed for custom FOVs and triple head, and much faster. Beautiful (if I do say so myself) 5.5-22x scope for the SOS with Nightforce MLR reticle. New natural point of aim recoil system. New dispersion system for hip firing (which is a blast). New real or realistic names for all small arms.

http://ryanschultz.org/tmr/download/

Changelog

--------------

- Fixed: tmr_optics - now works with custom FOV and triple-head configs. Much faster. Much easier to add more scopes and reticles.

- Added: tmr_optics - SOS reticle and magnification now corresponds to NightForce NXS 5.5-22x MLR, the scope of choice for M200 Intervention ("M320 LRR")

- Changed: tmr_smallarms_recoil - All new recoil configs based on natural point of aim concept. Critics are raving: "about as good as it gets w/o actually firing a rifle!"

- Added: tmr_smallarms_recoil - Increasing dispersion for extremely long bursts from unsupported positions. Greater dispersion when firing bursts without using sights (firing from the hip).

- Changed: tmr_jsrs - No longer required due to inheritance pattern rewrite for Mk200.

- Added: tmr_ballistics - Correct external ballistics for all small arms, including pistol rounds and 7.62x51mm.

- Changed: tmr_aimsway - Sway when standing unsupported increased from BI baseline very slightly.

- Fixed: tmr_autorest - Bipod should no longer briefly deploy on air.

- Changed: tmr_smallarms - Finished renaming all small arms. Using real names with modifications. For example, the P09 has been renamed P99G, to signify that it is a fictional P99 which can use 'G'lock magazines, which it shares with the MP-443G ("Rook-40"). Some fully fictionalized weapons retain their BI names, such as the hybrid LSAT/KAC LMG "Mk200" and "Katiba."

- Fixed: tmr_rpg42- Can now load BI HE rounds.

- Added: Project - Python-based make.py system.

Edited by Taosenai

Real names. Hooray!

Are you thinking of changin vehicle names too?

Yay!