Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Hey Tao, I'm having an issue with TMR relating to my mission. I use to be able to use to

this addPrimaryWeaponItem "muzzle_snds_H";

for Katibas, now it doesn't work with TMR. I can only use that on MX rifles now.

Or... on second thought, I found the classnames, I'll just make, another parameter on my mission....

Edited by Phantom Six

Really loving the new scopes can't wait to see more. Thanks for all your work.

One tiny tiny issue is that when you scroll over the SOS scope in your inventory the pop-up says its only 10-25x magnification but that is clearly not the case compared to the thermal scopes with 27x magnification. Vanilla game has the SOS at 10-75x magnification. Not at all and urgent issue, just lettin you know. Love your stuff, keep up the good work!

One tiny tiny issue is that when you scroll over the SOS scope in your inventory the pop-up says its only 10-25x magnification but that is clearly not the case compared to the thermal scopes with 27x magnification. Vanilla game has the SOS at 10-75x magnification. Not at all and urgent issue, just lettin you know. Love your stuff, keep up the good work!

----You are right, the ArmA3 uses a different zoom rate calculation method comparing to ArmA2, but TMR is still insisted on the way from Arma2.

In ArmA1 and ArmA2, initzoomrate = 0.25 means 1x magnification, so any other zoom rate was calculated based on it. Obviously it's not right, but some BI Dev had theri explanation about it in several thread.

But in Arma3, 0.75 becomes the 1x magnification, and I think it's proper definition. If you would check the SOS config, you are gonna find that its minzoomrate=0.01, 0.75/0.01=75, so its max magnification is 75X, its initzoomrate=0.075, 0.75/0.075=10, so its init magnification is 10X.

BTW, I don't like the 75X zoomrate at all, when you use such large magnification to observe distant targets, the my PC's VRAM(2G) and RAM(8G) were push to the limitation, so I will always get a FPS stutter when zoom out from 75X magnification, then I made a mod for my personal use, tweak minzoomrate = 0.03, which means 25X, then I got a smooth sniper feeling.

Something I noticed: the scopes get layered in front of your squad list on the bottom left.

Yay!

Those description magnifications are fake - the mrco , arco and rco are 4x zoom and the SOS is 6x-25x zoom , NOT 75x :p

Edited by RobertHammer

Hey Tao why did you change the scope of pistol magazine to 1?

Like : configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> "16Rnd_9x21_Mag" >> "Scope"

Class with scope 0 & 1 are for placeholder and parent and should not be directly used ingame. Henche this is creating issue with addons / mission reading addons dynamically.

Could you fix this ?

Cheers

L etranger, somehow AI doesn't get along well with your disposable AT weapons, so i decided to uncheck the TMR: Disposable Launcher module. This didn't seem to have any effect, the AI still yells for ammo when he has just one launcher with one warhead loaded on it (with the right ammo on it, i swapped weapons with the AI and the launcher worked), AND drops the launcher after it's use, even if he has spare warheads on a backpack. Do i have to uncheck any other module so my AI actually uses the launchers as in vanilla? I'd rather have the whole package as it is, but you can't fight a retard AI...

take a look at this.

[...] It's as simple as deleting or moving the relevant .pbo file out of the @tmr\Addons\ folder.

First of all, allow me to apologize, i don't know why, but i thought L etranger was the maker of the mod. My bad, i feel a little stupid right now :/. My apologies, Taosenai.

Second, mantIs, perhaps i didn't explain myself as i should have. Actually i'm playing the mods using the Expansions menu using the very own ArmA engine, not PwS, not command line. When i enter that menu, i actually see all the modules that conform TMR, and i can seem to activate or deactivate them at my will. So what i did was locate the one named TMR: Disposable Launchers and deactivated it. Simple as that. Now, i've found that the action didn't have the desired effect, i will make some tests in the editor as soon as i can, but i was just asking if there was any other module that should be deactivated, being for example the one named TMR: NLAW Attack & Guidance Module, or whatever.

Perhaps the problem is that i should be using only the command line to launch the mods, or PwS, but not the Expansions menu. I'm still experiencing what works better given the actual number of mods i'm using. If that's the case, then your response would be very useful, and i would thank you for that.

It seems like the Expansion menu is there only to activate Mods, from what I understood to deactivate them (or parts of) you need to manually delete the .pbos.

Yay!

Sounds strange that BIS included a way to easily handle your mods (at last) just to leave it so partialy usable, but as of now i can believe anything like that :P. So, i'll stick with PwS, i can't stand using the command line thingy.

Thanks for your help, Gliptal!

I would stay as far away from that "Epansions-Menu" thing as i can. I you want to disable the launcher module, then simply delete 'tmr_nlaw.pbo' (you'll probably have to delete 'tmr_loadout.pbo' aswell, but don't quote me on that^^).

Does TMR change the suppressors of custom addon packs, like the Nato, Spetznas weapon pack from massi too?

I would stay as far away from that "Epansions-Menu" thing as i can. I you want to disable the launcher module, then simply delete 'tmr_nlaw.pbo' (you'll probably have to delete 'tmr_loadout.pbo' aswell, but don't quote me on that^^).

It's a pity, truly. I DO love the launchers, but the fact that many mission makers depend on an AT soldier with one launcher and two or three rockets when they think of adding enemy vehicles breaks completely the mission itself, forcing the player to find a RPG-42 for himself or his AT soldier. This, when playing against AI, puts the BLUFOR player in a severe disadvantage, as their primary defense against vehicles of BLUFOR is limited to just one shot, compared to the three shots an OPFOR unit gets with an RPG. This, of course, from the point of view of SP missions. That's why i just wanted to remove THAT particular function, but not the rest of the changes, such as the PLOS system.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Well, i've confirmed that eliminating the files tmr_disposable.pbo and tmr_disposable.pbo.tmr.bisign prevents the launcher from being disposable (big surprise!) without removing the PLOS system but, unfortunately, the BLUFOR AT soldier default loadout comes WITHOUT a backpack and spare rockets, this always with the rest of the TMR modules active. So the problem remains almost the same. Tao, as a personal request, couldn't you make a SP friendly version of the mod with just those two changes? Or at least, i would love to know how to get the default AT soldier loadout for the AI, as most mission makers tend to do.

I think you should remove the unified loadouts .pbo too.

Yay!

I remember Taosenai spoke to add a light AT soldier for BLUFOR equipped with Carl Gustav or something to balance for the disposable one shot launch of NLAW...

@gliptal: I'll give it a try tomorrow and post the results,I just hope it doesn't mess up anything else in the mod.

@NikoTeen: That would be something, but the fact is that the vanilla basic AT soldier loadout is conformed by one reloadable launcher and three warheads inside a backpack, but the mod basic AT soldier comes with one disposable launcher and no backpack or spare warheads. Adding a different class won't fix the missions that have been made having the vanilla soldier in mind, they would remain somewhat crippled.

Well, confirmed that removing tmr_disposable.pbo prevents the PCML from being disposable and makes the AI not to throw the tube after the shot, and that removing tmr_u_loadouts as suggested by Gliptal and mantIs actually spawns the basic BLUFOR AT Soldier with its vanilla loadout of one launcher, backpack and three rockets. The problem is it also gets rid of the Thermobaric rounds of the basic OPFOR AT Soldier. Given the fact that i am a total noob with the editor and don't know how to change the default loadout of a unit, i can only suppose that the PCML MPV won't be there either, but every other aspect of the mod seems to remain the same.

Thanks for your help guys, i hope Tao will be able to find a different solution (if he does want to, of course), but at least as of now i can play the SP missions the way they are supposed to AND enjoy the vast majority of this awesome mod.

Tao, would you by any chance add a module to substitute the MX DMR variant with the EBR for BLUFOR?

Yay!

Is it possible to only load one specific module (weapon resting) and have only that part whitelisted on a server? And what files are needed for that?

I'm sorry if this has already been talked about. There are many pages in this thread. I skimmed them & didn't see anything that addresses my issue.

It is very weird. I downloaded & installed TMR (along with CBA_A3_beta4) about 2 days ago. I love it for the weapon resting & bipod functionality.

I'm finding out now though, that if I start a mission (in scenarios) from the beginning, I seem to have use of the weapon resting and bipods...

BUT if I Save & Exit, the next time I go into that mission, I can no longer have the bipod & weapon resting functionality. I have to totally restart the mission to get weapon resting & bipod useage back.

This seems to happen in all scenarios -- even the 'Weapon Resting & Bipods' tutorial that is included in the download for this AddOn.

The only AddOn I am running is TMR (with CBA_A3). I am using no other AddOns at this time.

My initial installation was done like this:

(1) Put the @tmr folder in the following directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

(2) Put the Keys folder in the following directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

(3) Put the @CBA_A3f older in the following directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

(4) Start ARMA 3 & go into Expansions (in the main menu) and enable everything. Restart the game.

(5) Go into Expansions (in the main menu) and enable everything again that isn't already enabled (since new expansions pop up after step #4). Restart the game again.

(6) Go into Expansions (in the main menu) and ensure that EVERYTHING is now enabled. It is.

To try to remedy the issue I talked about above, I tried the following things:

(1) I went into 'Expansions' and disabled EVERYTHING but ARMA 3, and restarted the game. Then I re-enabled EVERYTHING & restarted the game. The issue I mentioned above still persists.

(2) I removed the @tmr folder, @CBA_A3 folder, and I removed TMR.bikey from the Keys folder. I then re-downloaded the @tmr folder and the Keys folder & put them in the same directory I mentioned above. The issue still persists.

(3) I removed the @CBA_A3 folder (which was CBA_A3_beta4), and replaced it with the @CBA_A3 folder from CBA_A3_beta3. After doing this the weapon resting & bipod functionality did not work at all.

Has anyone else come across this issue? Or is it only me? I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong.

Can anyone help?

If I cannot get this AddOn to work, is there maybe another good weapon resting & bipod AddOn for Arma 3 that I could try?

Edited by Kasich40

saving and loading games in Arma has always been funky, could be something on BIS's end.

From what I've known it's a widespread issue with how savegames are saved and then loaded by the engine. The fact is that some systems are affected and other are not (for example I retain weapon resting with savegames).

Yay!