Sign in to follow this  
j0nes

AC-130X for Arma 3

How do you switch to your guns?

After I am in autopilot mode it just shows me in the pilots seat, I've pressed literally every button on my keyboard.

I am trying to get the plane to do left hand circles around a city then move to the next waypoint once opfor are gone. I cannot get the plane to loiter the right direction as it always wants to fly right hand pattern. I have tried the SetWaypointradius 1000; and SetWaypointLoiterType "CIRCLE_L"; It keeps telling me I am missing a ; after the wording I named vehicle to plane1 and add plane1 in front of both commands it accepts commands but plane just flies past waypoint. Can I please get some help as I am just learning all this scripting. I have looked at the wiki and tried multiple times I just dont know what I am doing wrong.

If you read I have already looked into wiki. Not everybody understand it...lol. I have tried the examples but changing [_grp, 2] to [plane1, 2] and nothing. This is why I am asking. I have learned alot about coding in this game, but I dont understand it all. In noob terms could someone please put a sample mission or script they have used? I can not get the aircraft to loiter right no matter what I do. Using a loiter waypoint it always circles right.

Edited by mech79

push from behind

i'm not joking seriously some one have to push or touch the ac130 while it trying to fly

wondering if anyone knows how to fix this

I can start up but the ac130 will not move. Its like it wants to move but it wont.

The most likely cause is the wheels on the Geometry LOD. I had to make the wheels have many more sides to get the aircraft I am working on to reliably roll down the runway. A 5 or 6 sided wheel will produce much more standing friction than a 24 or 48 sided wheel.

wondering if anyone knows how to fix this

I can start up but the ac130 will not move. Its like it wants to move but it wont.

For some reason the AC-130X wont takeoff on Altis. Stratis is fine though. If you wanna fly it on Altis, put is at 1000m altitude and there you go :D

Public server keys are being automatically processed on PwS, if the key is missing.

@ac130x_a3.png

Hello all! sorry to dig up this oooooold thread, but I thought Id make an appearance again. The project has stagnated long enough where other enthusiasts (such as Fullerpj) have contacted me asking for permissions to work with the autopiloting scripts in order to make their own versions. HOWEVER, I still have 2 completed models in my possession, which is the reason for this post.

IF ANYONE IS A UV MAPPER/TEXTURE ARTIST PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE CONTACT ME.

I am able to do rvmats myself and everything else associated with getting this aircraft updated and in game, but I have 0 experience whatsoever with UV mapping, and my textures look like a 3 year olds fingerpaintings. I cannot express how much I want to get this project completed so that people can use it. I would LIKE to submit it in the MANW contest, and if it wins anything of course all involved will receive their dues. This is just overwhelmingly frustrating to be a modder who cant do textures worth a crap because first impressions are everything, and if your models dont look good, people dont want to download them, much less use them.

Im sorry for sounding so desperate, but I am. I appreciate any help that can be offered.

also just to reiterate. There are several other versions of the AC130 in productions (2 that I can remember) who I have given full script permissions to, but Id still like to get my version done, because in arma competition drives development. :)

Good to hear from you again J0nes! I'm sure if you ask enough you'll find someone who wants to help you with texturing. I might even have a crack at it later down the road ;)

I think it's a really well done addon! Just a few minor issues.

- can't not select "player as commander" in editor

Actually, I think it's more practical to have pilot as commander like other planes since it's nearly impossible to fly and engage targets by playing as the commander.

- AI often refuse to fire even if targets were in sight.

@Lugiahua The current version is configured as one primary gunner and one secondary gunner as far as the game is concerned so for the SFCO slot try "this moveinturret [1]"; new version will have Pilot, Copilot (turret [0]), gunner (main guns.), and FCO (secondary nose turret with laser designator/flir). The FCO slot will be the "commander" when used with movein_____ commands. but as long as you dont have any AI in the FCO slot, the pilot will be the commander, so that should make your job easier. although I would just recommed using the autopilot and shooting stuff yourself.

I made all new weapons for the current aircraft as well and didnt really take the time to work with AI targeting, since I wasnt sure if some of the weapon functions were going to be scripted. With the new version ill take more time to work with them. although the fact that the turrets are strictly left facing may cause some problems because its a "plane" not a "helicopter", but hopefully not!

How is this mod going? I never could get the loiter script to work as needed to make this thing automatically rotate around a city when a waypoint is reached.

You dont need to script it at all.

Place a waypoint and open the waypoint type menu. Choose 'loiter'.

Use the loitertype and loiterradius command in the wp's init line to setup the loiter how you want.

Have fun.

I have placed the loiter radius and type commands in and I am either typing them wrong or something cause they never work.

Does anybody have a good mission that the loiter waypoints are working? I want to put a mission together using this but when i set any way point the air craft refuses to follow them.

87th_Neptune you said place those commands in the init line. WP only have condition, on activation, or scripting. I have tried it in Activation and scripting. Either way the plane fails to follow the WP's

Edited by mech79

All the firing sounds echo twice and there's undefined variable errors, such as dmm_height and dmm_orbit_active. Will there be an update to this?