Sign in to follow this  
j0nes

AC-130X for Arma 3

I tried it out for Altis too, it works but gets stuck easily. You can jumpstart it with "vehicle player setvelocity [x,y,0]".

I can get it to take off but is anybody else having issues with AI following way points. Trying to setup a mission with me as a gunner with waypoints to fly over a town. The AI just seems to totally ingnore waypoints and fly in a straight line. Any tips?

Hello all! Ive finally gotten the time to continue the work on this mod again and am really looking forward to finishing it up.

I would like to put in a request for a UV mapper/ Texture artist if anyone IS or KNOWS one, because I am terrible at it :P There will be 2 variations of the model that need to be textured. The AC130U and the AC130W. but the fusalage is the same on both, so really the only variations are the guns/missiles.

Ive also reworked the autopilot again so now you should be able to do adjustments for center of orbit, height (min 500m), radius (min 500m), as well as bank angle (between -15 and -5 degrees).

I may do a walk-through of some of the other features soon as well. Ill keep you all posted!

Hello all! Ive finally gotten the time to continue the work on this mod again and am really looking forward to finishing it up.

I would like to put in a request for a UV mapper/ Texture artist if anyone IS or KNOWS one, because I am terrible at it :P There will be 2 variations of the model that need to be textured. The AC130U and the AC130W. but the fusalage is the same on both, so really the only variations are the guns/missiles.

Ive also reworked the autopilot again so now you should be able to do adjustments for center of orbit, height (min 500m), radius (min 500m), as well as bank angle (between -15 and -5 degrees).

I may do a walk-through of some of the other features soon as well. Ill keep you all posted!

Good to hear! Look forward to updates :)

Just wanted to let you how great this mod is, I really look forward to your finished version.

Sorry to say +1 to getting stuck on Altis. All I have found that works is to take off from the Salt Lake.

possibly, I know of a couple other groups who I think have already claimed that and I dont want to step on any toes yet. plus Ive got so many projects to deal with that are halfway done, it might be until Arma 4 before I get to it :)

Great mod. Me and some friends have experienced some visual glitch though: A big black shadow-like stuff appears sometimes. It could be caused by a shadow volume LOD overlapping the resolution LOD imo.

it already has that, but a better version is coming

Looks great but it has a bug. It kicks out anyone in the gunner seats when you switch from pilot to autopilot.

I'm really glad that someone is trying to get the AC-130 into the game this soon. For Arma 2 I had to wait almost 3 years before somebody came with the idea.

But I was wondering what you plans are for the future. I mean, how far are you going to develop the mod? I would really like some of the Lurchi Der Lurch (LDL) AC-130 script functionalities to return. Like being able to fix the camera on a target or point on the ground. He also implemented a lot of functionality surrounding the circular path the AC-130 follows in order to properly allign the guns with targets on the ground.

Anyway, at this point it doesn't have flares yet, or the ability to switch to the gunners seat when its in autopilot. But I'm sure you are working on that ;)

Also, what are you going to do with the interior? You could've just used a placeholder from the Arma 2 C-130. But it was all untextured so that suggests that you might be working on something of your own. Just curious.

Edit: Also have you seen this?:

The latest variants of the AC-130 also carry missles. Laser/GPS guided Griffin. Would be pretty cool to have :P.

Good luck with the continuation of development. I really hope this will one day come together!!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

@CyclonicTuna

Most of the LDL scripts will return with this update however the reason you could fix the camera onto places like a vehicle or a point on the map is because it was a scripted camera, while this AC130 uses just vanilla turrets like any other helo or tank, just with some extra stabilizers, so unfortunately I wont be able to do that. There will be some targeting and tracking features similar to LDL, but not that one specifically.

Ive decided not to do an interior (aside from the cockpit) just because

1. theres really not to many details available about the inside layout of the control room

2. its a ton of extra work for something that people would only spend 3 seconds in before switching to optics to kill stuff.

3. even with the PIP, on multiplayer its so slow to refresh that you couldnt aim properly, not to mention you dont get the benefits of the updated HUD that Ive been working on

the AC130W (your vid above) is also included in this pack :) however its an even more futuristic version of it called the AC130J. its all of the same tech thats used on the AC130W with the missiles and the 30mm cannon, but its fitted on an AC130J fusalage.

@CyclonicTuna

Most of the LDL scripts will return with this update however the reason you could fix the camera onto places like a vehicle or a point on the map is because it was a scripted camera, while this AC130 uses just vanilla turrets like any other helo or tank, just with some extra stabilizers, so unfortunately I wont be able to do that. There will be some targeting and tracking features similar to LDL, but not that one specifically.

Ive decided not to do an interior (aside from the cockpit) just because

1. theres really not to many details available about the inside layout of the control room

2. its a ton of extra work for something that people would only spend 3 seconds in before switching to optics to kill stuff.

3. even with the PIP, on multiplayer its so slow to refresh that you couldnt aim properly, not to mention you dont get the benefits of the updated HUD that Ive been working on

the AC130W (your vid above) is also included in this pack :) however its an even more futuristic version of it called the AC130J. its all of the same tech thats used on the AC130W with the missiles and the 30mm cannon, but its fitted on an AC130J fusalage.

Thanks for you reply J0nes! I'm looking forward to future releases, and look I'm not much of a modder but I do good research so just yell if you need me alright ;)

i'm wondering if you are planing to implement not only further variants of the gunship but also the transport versions like the lockheed mc-130?

btw great mod! i love what you have done so far :D

When you release the next update, please include a *bisign and *.bikey... PM me if you need help with that.

105 and 40mm sound is too loud reduce this please

ex : shooting 105 near friendly user about 200m it's sounds like almost ear rape :( it's not about clients volume control it'a about valance of sound with other addons and vanila :(

105 and 40mm sound is too loud reduce this please

ex : shooting 105 near friendly user about 200m it's sounds like almost ear rape :( it's not about clients volume control it'a about valance of sound with other addons and vanila :(

Definitely realistic then.

Definitely realistic then.

well then other guns and arma 3 is unrealistic