Sign in to follow this  
KingScuba

[Suggestion] Implement ACRE into Arma 3

Would you like ACRE to be present?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like ACRE to be present?

• Yes
    • No

So as of you might know, ACRE stands for Advanced Combat Radio Environment. If you are not familiar with acre, you may see it here :

I'd love to see Arma 3 implement this officially. Not only is it great for keeping the unwanted chatter down on the various channels, you can talk to who you want via voice, so your groups can be large or small, and you don't have to worry about the in game player groupings which you select at start screen (which can be a bit annoying in open servers, since random people fill random slots).

I would suggest keeping the current VON, simply so people aren't in the dark due to the radio channels. People need to stay in contact, whether its through chat or not, so having Global and Side chats are a must.

I would like 3 main types of radios,

a 343 for direct communication (Up to 1,000 meters)

a 148 for larger stuff (such as CAS, staying in contact with commanders, etc, for up to 5,000 meters)

a 119 for Long Range (up to 20,000 meters, its the backpack radio)

This would really add a great element to the game. After ACRE spoiled me, I hate not playing with it.

I love ACRE, and would love to have it implemented, but as you say, current VON should also stay, since ACRE could become tireing in smaller gamemodes

There's already a wishlist thread where I'm sure ACRE's already been requested.

Is there a ticket for this feature request?

ACRE, or to say it better, the functionality of ACRE really should be in the game. For me ACRE is the Mod that adds the most to my MP experience. It feels extremely natural and immersive to talk to the other guys as if they are really standing there.

There's a big difference between having to download a mod and having something in the core game.

Especially for casual players, and Arma 3 will attract many of them.

There's a big difference between having to download a mod and having something in the core game.

Especially for casual players, and Arma 3 will attract many of them.

And right here you've already answered why it's not in the core game and instead requires a mod.

Wrong. It's the complexity that keeps casual players out, something that gets stripped from ArmA3.

And ironically working radios with multiple frequencies is yet another feature that 1 years old DayZ mod gets unlike ArmA3, 3 years in development by a much bigger team.

Edited by metalcraze

I'd like a radio system like ACRE using ingame VoIP but not tied to external software.

I'd like a radio system like ACRE using ingame VoIP but not tied to external software.

+1 to this

Wrong. It's the complexity that keeps casual players out, something that gets stripped from ArmA3.

And ironically working radios with multiple frequencies is yet another feature that 1 years old DayZ mod gets unlike ArmA3, 3 years in development by a much bigger team.

Of course..BI is getting bigger only to work on more titles and not to have more manpower to work for ArmA3 delivering the game of the century.

I don't know..common/casual players and community would judge the result.

I'd like it to be present (which it already is), but honestly, it's been explained several times why it wouldn't work out well. Things like neccesitating a deal between BI and Teamspeak since the latter is needed for it, etc.

I'd like it to be present (which it already is), but honestly, it's been explained several times why it wouldn't work out well. Things like neccesitating a deal between BI and Teamspeak since the latter is needed for it, etc.

Hey!..maybe i could be wrong but..i think i read somewhere that maybe TS won't be a necessity for the upcoming ACRE.

Please someone correct me if i m mistaken..

I +1 this as well.

+1.1333 for this

I am serious, I would very much enjoy some more complexity regarding the in-game VoIP.

But I am sure BI knows this as ACRE is very popular and it popped out as a wish for Arma 3 multiple times.

I'm not really an ACE player or ACRE user or whatever. But I would like to see this implemented in the game.

Voted no. Will keep out casual gamer. Have seen stories of being kicked from servers as they don't have ACRE installed.

VON should be developed to have all the things that ACRE has.

It's a nice to have but definitely not essential nor needed for the casual gamer.

Voted no. Will keep out casual gamer. Have seen stories of being kicked from servers as they don't have ACRE installed.

VON should be developed to have all the things that ACRE has.

I think that is the whole purpose of the thread.

Can the poll title be modified maybe? I'd totally vote for "ACRE-like system" which wouldn't be dependent on TS.