l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

For me sometimes it works some don't. I start mission in editor and VTS is not working, I then restart the mission and it works. Strange behavior I must say.

Good news with the newest patch VTS should be working again :D

Are you guys still using this since there are vanilla weapon resting and deployment? Why?

Yes much more flexible, when you deploy on a wall in an offset (non perpendicular) your entire view picture is not offset. Same for slopes... also much more forgiving/realistic on the objects you can steady yourself on.

Leaning against walls, off players shoulders, etc... Also it helps to render the appropriate amount of recoil an experienced shooter encounters in a braced position. (Compared to the vanilla recoil exaggerations)

Hmmm you guys have a point. I can't stand the exaggerated sway when rested.

I don't know if L'étranger is still working on this, but maybe it's possible to tweak the vanilla feature instead of adding another weapon resting system on top of it?

+1 for an ACE3 tweak to Vanilla - It's way too sensitive to setup I find - Preferred VTS too.

A Synthesis of VTS and vanilla would be pretty ideal. I wonder if the vanilla system can be made to deploy on the corners of walls and to respect initial orientation to a deployable object.

well the "vanilla" is just bad... as it is now, but it is a Tripod rest not a Weapon rest or arm rest/steady.

VTS to "Steady" your Binocs, or rest your Weapon but not for repeated fire, must re-rest the weapon for each shot.

MRT/ASDG was great way to use the Tripod, but we took it out do to the "vanilla" Tripod rest.. which is just bad.. (really BIS?)

Glad this works now.

I use both without any conflict.

The new "vanilla" may look better with the actual trypod but the older addon is a lot more practical.