l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

When controlling a UAV and hitting tab, if there's a close enough object, there will be a weapon rested indication and the UAV controls will be locked (if in manual control) and cause the UAV to crash. L etranger, any chance you can disable the mod while controlling UAVs?

Is there a script only version of the mod? I would like to include it in a wasteland-mission for all users.

We already added the signatures for the addon version some month ago. But most users do not use the addon version and therefore are in a disadvantage against the ones using it.

In an effort to provide a level playing field I would like to enable the weapon resting feature for all users connecting to the server.

Is this somehow possible?

I almost never play on a server if it doesn't allow VTS Weapon Resting, so a server-side version would probably help to have this wonderful add-on available in a lot more places.

Also, rocking job L etranger :)

Please, people!

How can I use it on multiplayer? Why did I see a server with this mod?

Thanks!

We allow it on my server, see sig for details.

Is there a script only version of the mod? I would like to include it in a wasteland-mission for all users.

We already added the signatures for the addon version some month ago. But most users do not use the addon version and therefore are in a disadvantage against the ones using it.

In an effort to provide a level playing field I would like to enable the weapon resting feature for all users connecting to the server.

Is this somehow possible?

Very interested in an answer for this question.

userconfig/vts_weaponresting_/vts_weaponresting_config.hpp not found I get this message when I try to start Arma after this mod? Please help? Cant play the game without that file?

userconfig/vts_weaponresting_/vts_weaponresting_config.hpp not found I get this message when I try to start Arma after this mod? Please help? Cant play the game without that file?

Do you have a config file for VTS in that directory? You need the config.hpp file in that folder, it defines which is your "deploy bipod" key. If you downloaded the mod either from Armaholic or PlayWithSix (or here), make sure you copy the userconfig folder containing config.hpp in your game folder, into userconfig folder there.

Got a addons and keys file. Downloaded it from armaholic. But I take all the files and put them in @myaddons as regular?

Got a addons and keys file. Downloaded it from armaholic. But I take all the files and put them in @myaddons as regular?

If you have downloaded the file from Armaholic, then .7z file has two main folders:

\@VTS_Weaponresting

\userconfig

If they are not there, both of them, then it's not the right file.

I just tested the file from Armaholic. Nothing wrong with it.

ok, and I just put them in the @myaddons like the rest?

Ok, just got the userconfig file and put everything in @myaddons and I still get this message :

userconfig/vts_weaponresting_/vts_weaponresting_config.hpp not found

I got the file in @myaddons, so I dont understand!

Edited by roy64

ok, and I just put them in the @myaddons like the rest?

The userconfig folder should be in the root A3 install folder.

I am sorry, im kinda new to this. I can´t seem to find the userconfig folder? Any tips? sorry :S :)

I am sorry, im kinda new to this. I can´t seem to find the userconfig folder? Any tips? sorry :S :)

Create a folder named userconfig in your Arma3 root

:) We are all new at one point. :)

The userconfig folder isn't there to begin with. You have to create it yourself first.

Yeah I guess :) Really appreciate the help :)

So it will go like this: Computer-E-Games-steamapps-common-arma3-userconfig?

Yeah I guess :) Really appreciate the help :)

So it will go like this: Computer-E-Games-steamapps-common-arma3-userconfig?

Sounds about right.

Mine is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS
etc.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting

This is my set up now, and I still get the same message when I start the game. What is the "key" folder for? is that for @myaddons?

It is the same with the @task_force_radio mod. the .hpp file cannot be found. Don´t get this!

Edited by roy64

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting

This is my set up now, and I still get the same message when I start the game. What is the "key" folder for? is that for @myaddons?

The key folder is for server admins, I don't think you need to worry about that.

Compare your path above to the one in the error message you reported:

There's a dodgy trailing underscore there for some reason.

I'm not sure why it's there but you could try changing your userconfig path for this addon to match that.

Compare your path above to the one in the error message you reported:

There's a dodgy trailing underscore there for some reason.

I'm not sure why it's there but you could try changing your userconfig path for this addon to match that.

Thats a good catch! It's a damn weird one, though, as that is not anywhere in the code, unless the version roy64 is using is not from an official download and/or has been altered.

roy64, you could try and open the PBO file and look at the init.sqf file.

Thats a good catch! It's a damn weird one, though, as that is not anywhere in the code, unless the version roy64 is using is not from an official download and/or has been altered.

roy64, you could try and open the PBO file and look at the init.sqf file.

"There's a dodgy trailing underscore there for some reason" Meaning? :D hehe

I have no idea what an PBO file is? I downloaded it from armaholic.

"There's a dodgy trailing underscore there for some reason" Meaning? :D hehe

I have no idea what an PBO file is? I downloaded it from armaholic.

.........................................^

So you folder name should have that underscore as well.

If you don't know about PBO, then just forget what I said. ;) But PBO is a package containing all the code files for the MOD or whatever.

Ok :) So I have no idea how to fix this. It seems that I´m doing it right, acording to you guys(?) but it just wont work huh.

What happens if you name your folder like this:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting_

Remember the underscore at the end.

What happens if you name your folder like this:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting_

Remember the underscore at the end.

No I just got the same error message :(

This is my address from the files :) seems legit!

Not really sure how to approach this, given that your setup is correct and the error is referring to a non standard path.

I would myself remove the addon altogether and start again by downloading it from another source. Perhaps an alternative Armaholic mirror or a friend of yours. Or PlayWithSix.

Do you have any other addons activated?