Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Doee the knee pads really look like the last picture? I dont know but looks sweet

Looks fantastic! The pattern is nicely done, not too bright or dark. My only question is the pants from the knee down, are they that narrow IRL? My only first hand experience was with BDU and ACU cut which seems to have a wider straight leg cut if that makes sense.

Glad you guys are still cranking away at this, it will be WELL worth the wait!

Doee the knee pads really look like the last picture? I dont know but looks sweet

They look like real knee pads, unlike the vanilla NATO uniform.

Really nice work! Keep it up!

At least we will have some real kneepads (the arma 3 one are a joke).

Very nice!

Giving us modernized gear with standard woodland pattern is outstanding. Remarkable work guys keep it up

Watching this thread with bated breath - I've been wanting a mod that will let me have authentic-looking SEALs since I got A3, and this looks to fit the bill! Have you considered (not that this is a request), since you are aiming to incorporate our friends from NAVSPECWAR, doing other SEAL-specific weapons, such as the MP7 and P226? Or even the 10-inch HK 416 for DEVGRU?

At any rate, great work so far guys - can't wait to see how it all progresses!

Oh those are not G3 cut woodies?........... Might want to redo those the right way :) The pockets are only connected to the stretch on AC cut, G3 has separate pockets and a crotch stretch area as well as small other differences. Reference these images (a friend of mines pair of real woodies) http://imgur.com/wiGwKHt,aaa6ndN,l0EKjCZ,TZxiPb9

Also not sure if you are cutting the Crye tags because of the contest or anything but you're missing them (or they cant be seen, although it looks as if I should be able to see one from the last pic.)

I love the effort you guys put into this mod and I try to support it every way I can however I am a tad bit disappointed in the attention to basic details on your woodlands, mainly the issues I mentioned before and the textures and what not seem to be less detailed than you guys previously posted about. Please do not ruin this mod by trying to enter the MANW contest, as you guys have said before rushed content is the worst. Good luck, I cant wait to use the mod. As always this is constructive criticism :)

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Looks fantastic! The pattern is nicely done, not too bright or dark. My only question is the pants from the knee down, are they that narrow IRL? My only first hand experience was with BDU and ACU cut which seems to have a wider straight leg cut if that makes sense.

Glad you guys are still cranking away at this, it will be WELL worth the wait!

Yes the G3 cut is much slimmer than the AC cut however the shirts are looser... which is interesting.

Edited by Warden_1

The Pants represented on the Screenshots mumblz put up are supposed to be AC Variants, therefor you do not see any of the G3 Style Tags on the pockets. Though, that is the Airflex kneepads as introduced in G3 for Cryes Combat Apparel. You migh ask why thats the case.... then again the older Kneepads look too boring in comparision.

The update was mainly created to show you guys some progress as well as look at the updated normal map that was created.

That and the fact that MARSOC doesnt use the older gen 2 knee pads... Also is Atast still working on the pants, so that is his WIP update?

Mumblz I'm talking specifically in the woodie G3s... obviously when they were using the older gen 2 gear they had the gen 2 pads but with the woodies trust me its 99% of the time the issued G3 airflex pads.

Gen 2 Woodlands (AC nor NC) doesn't exist. Only G3s, which were used with all the types of kneepads, but most of the time AirFlex G3s, either in Tan or FG.

Yet every photo of MARSOC in field shows them wearing G3s, RAID BDUs or more recently Beyond, Patagonia and sometimes customs. AFAIK Crye was never contracted with making actual G2 Woodlands, only G3s (though they do look a lot like G2s mostly thanks to the non-camo-solid-color stretch material, but other features make them Gen 3). :)

I'd like to point out (with no disrespect to any active operators) that some gear enthustiasts pay way more attention to details/versions/generations/etc. of gear than the actual soldiers/marines. I had a few talks with local SOF (JWK, JWG & JWF) and some of the guys didn't have a clue what they were wearing or using (they don't really care what company it's from or what generation it is as long it works and does what it is expected to do).

Crye never made Gen 2 woodland. However there are two versions of the Woodland G3s, it is easy to identify if the pads are out as the first gen has stretch inside the knee area and the second has fabric, this is specifically done because the stretch would wear away and tear in that area. Mumblz I'm not doubting you have a friend in Marsoc, however you arent the only one.

You don't need to be harsh, we are simply trying to help you get a more accurate addon... If I am coming off as an asshole please let me know I do not wish to be on bad terms with anyone.

Also Max255, dont forget Drifire. Especially after their new partnership with Caleb ;)

Edited by Warden_1

;2756091']Yet every photo of MARSOC in field shows them wearing G3s' date=' RAID BDUs or more recently Beyond, Patagonia and sometimes customs. AFAIK Crye was never contracted with making actual G2 Woodlands, only G3s (though they do look a lot like G2s mostly thanks to the non-camo-solid-color stretch material, but other features make them Gen 3). :)

I'd like to point out (with no disrespect to any active operators) that some gear enthustiasts pay way more attention to details/versions/generations/etc. of gear than the actual soldiers/marines. I had a few talks with local SOF (JWK, JWG & JWF) and some of the guys didn't have a clue what they were wearing or using (they don't really care what company it's from or what generation it is as long it works and does what it is expected to do).[/quote']

Very true... there is so much gear and brands I am sure many really do not care what is what or even have a clue to what they are wearing.

As we can see here one is wearing CRYE G3, the other is not even wearing CRYE, and the other we really can't tell but it is not CRYE G3.

http://www.marsoc.com/picture/396c8535.jpg?pictureId=19784805

Check this hardcharger out also...

http://www.marsoc.com/picture/081a9870.jpg?pictureId=19376119

Lets not get too caught up on all the gear as you can see these men use whatever gets the job done and we will do our best to portray them as accurate as possible.

Yeah I agree, this stuff is high quality and I will use it, I don't even know what g2 and g3 pants, might as well be g69 for all I care.

Looks great keep it up.

Maybe you guys should continue that list thing you did, I can't really check it but hopefully it's up to date

(That first post list thing)

(Sent from iPad, don't blame me for spelling etc)

Crye never made Gen 2 woodland. However there are two versions of the Woodland G3s, it is easy to identify if the pads are out as the first gen has stretch inside the knee area and the second has fabric, this is specifically done because the stretch would wear away and tear in that area. Mumblz I'm not doubting you have a friend in Marsoc, however you arent the only one.

You don't need to be harsh, we are simply trying to help you get a more accurate addon... If I am coming off as an asshole please let me know I do not wish to be on bad terms with anyone.

Also Max255, dont forget Drifire. Especially after their new partnership with Caleb ;)

+1

We're just trying to help out :)

Yeah, Drifire, couldn't remember what was the fourth company called xD

Yeah I know, you guys mean well.

We all know this mod is gonna be awesome though, their current selection is great, anything to get away from vanilla,models.

Good thing they are taking their time.

(Sent from iPad, sorry for spelling / auto crap)

Hey Meatball great to hear from you again, the first picture is as follows from right to left:

1) Crye G3s (Appears to be older pre-drifire material so I will say gen 1 of the woodie G3s)

2) Woodland M81 BDU pants with a DriFire old gen shirt (I would say the pants are drifire but they have the BDU cut and stitching as well as you can see them more clearing in another pic from that ref set)

3) Drifire combat set (hard to see on the pants but if you are familiar with the drifires they have the same cut, also if you look at the rest of the album drifire is the most common and you can see the same guy standing in the back and it again appears to be drifire)

If you have any other questions about gear currently or previously being used let me know, I'm not the most knowledgeable about Marsoc but I have a few friends who could help you ;)

Hey Meatball great to hear from you again, the first picture is as follows from right to left:

1) Crye G3s (Appears to be older pre-drifire material so I will say gen 1 of the woodie G3s)

2) Woodland M81 BDU pants with a DriFire old gen shirt (I would say the pants are drifire but they have the BDU cut and stitching as well as you can see them more clearing in another pic from that ref set)

3) Drifire combat set (hard to see on the pants but if you are familiar with the drifires they have the same cut, also if you look at the rest of the album drifire is the most common and you can see the same guy standing in the back and it again appears to be drifire)

If you have any other questions about gear currently or previously being used let me know, I'm not the most knowledgeable about Marsoc but I have a few friends who could help you ;)

Thanks a lot... Woodland M81 BDU was on the tip of meh tongue.

Yeah I agree, this stuff is high quality and I will use it, I don't even know what g2 and g3 pants, might as well be g69 for all I care.

Looks great keep it up.

Maybe you guys should continue that list thing you did, I can't really check it but hopefully it's up to date

(That first post list thing)

(Sent from iPad, don't blame me for spelling etc)

Will update the first post here soon. Thanks.

Edited by Meatball0311

dt2fwMl.png?2

Hello. We are alive and have been working behind the scenes actively. We are getting closer to a point that we are happy with and are eagerly wanting to get something out as soon as possible. Here is an itty bitty teaser...