Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Hey Bink is there any chance you guys can make a clean ech helmet one with like nothing on it just plane? :)

I like the hole minimalist approach when it comes to helmets.

Be good for doing low profile ops in civilian gear. :)

I think I've seen one by him around somewhere, I think it may have been the headgear pack he was planning.

Anyway, I think it's likely.

Saw the in-game pics and heart stopped for a second when I thought it was SFODD/CAG...

If you're going to make this as realistic as possible in terms of looks, and the initial addon is about the Rangers, I'd hold back from releasing a cut sleeved Combat top, I think their own particular COC would be less than impressed as they don't have as much "leeway" as Tier 1 and Tier 2 units, I've not really seen any pictures at all of Rangers defacing their issued gear, perhaps those serving have more insight on this ?

If you're going to make this as realistic as possible in terms of looks, and the initial addon is about the Rangers, I'd hold back from releasing a cut sleeved Combat top, I think their own particular COC would be less than impressed as they don't have as much "leeway" as Tier 1 and Tier 2 units, I've not really seen any pictures at all of Rangers defacing their issued gear, perhaps those serving have more insight on this ?

That isn't the plan. The shirt is modeled and uv'ed in a way that makes it modular so we can make add long sleeves and rolled up sleeves as we wish same goes for the collar and belly so you wont be getting ripped off sleeved combat shirts for rangers:)

Been real busy with real life these past few days and haven't had a chance to check the forums. Thanks to all for taking interest in this project and we are working hard to move things along expeditiously.

;2588806']I know they're using FAST Maritimes but haven't really seen MARSOC using ANVIS ;) I've only seen Norotos and Wilcox mounts for PVS-15. That' my only gripe...

But JP pretty much explained this one :)

And sorry I'm so bitchy about this whole gear thingy xD Just trying to help to make this addon as realistic as possible :)

Thanks for helping out with trying to make this an accurate representation of Special Operations Capable units. This looks to me to be a critical skills operator donning an ANVIS mount....

2H7ELL4l.jpg

If you're going to make this as realistic as possible in terms of looks' date=' and the initial addon is about the Rangers, I'd hold back from releasing a cut sleeved Combat top, I think their own particular COC would be less than impressed as they don't have as much "leeway" as Tier 1 and Tier 2 units, I've not really seen any pictures at all of Rangers defacing their issued gear, perhaps those serving have more insight on this ?[/quote']

Understandable and well stated, but this addon is not all about Rangers. Gear, uniforms, weapons, etc.. can all be interchangeable among the units and we will need these models at sometime. We have confidence in our members in having a general aptitude to get things right so be assured those Rangers will be looking good.

Heck yeah!Have a good new year Binkowski, astast, Meatball0311, fluttershy, Assifuah, JeffersPang and Konyo!

Thanks.

Saw the in-game pics and heart stopped for a second when I thought it was SFODD/CAG...

Time will tell...

Edited by Meatball0311

I think I've seen one by him around somewhere, I think it may have been the headgear pack he was planning.

Anyway, I think it's likely.

aye i has that mod i tested it a while back.

There's a tank crew helmet i think? (opscore)? thats just plain?

When I was in the millitary all the SF guys here never used to wear helmets and when they did they had nothing on them proper minimalistic to reduce secondary shrapnel also due to UKSF only using them on mobility ops (Vehicles hellys and para drops).

Looked so cool.

I however had my MK6A and Para Helmet :)

When I was in the millitary all the SF guys here never used to wear helmets and when they did they had nothing on them proper minimalistic to reduce secondary shrapnel also due to UKSF only using them on mobility ops (Vehicles hellys and para drops).

It seems to have elvolved over time, of a massive folder of Australian SF photos I have all the early 03-07 it's caps and LRPV's however in 08 after an SASR trooper was killed from an IED whilst in a LRPV they made the switch over to Bushmasters in mid/late '08 as did their gear, DPDU became multicam and only Snipers seem to opt for boonies and caps now, most of the commando's and SASR are using FAST/rabintex/Mich/Crye helmets painted up with low profile IR strobes, NVG mounts, helmet lights and increasingly, helmet cams.

http://i1.minus.com/iibYXjBDK8pkO.jpg >200kb

So this is helmet on the picture shared by Meatball

Higher cut, longer rails, 20% less weight, supports RAC, with Wilcox mount

(attention to detail is apparent : D )

I wonder how do they look upclose in game...

Correct me if I am wrong but meatballs helmet was an opscore ballistic, not the maritime, the ballistic had a lower profile.

ei8ght, whatever it is, it's in the game now:

http://i.imgur.com/V9EqrBTl.jpg

So???

Correct me if I am wrong but meatballs helmet was an opscore ballistic, not the maritime, the ballistic had a lower profile.

Sorry it's meant to be Maritime, we're still optimising the scale and adding a helmet cover mesh, it's a bit big at the moment. For Rangers we're debating whether or not to include the normal Ballistic version in the release since it's not that relevant at all ... hopefully the maritime will look more distinct once it's textured and scaled down :)

Edited by JeffersPang

Thanks for helping out with trying to make this an accurate representation of Special Operations Capable units. This looks to me to be a critical skills operator donning an ANVIS mount....

http://i.imgur.com/2H7ELL4l.jpg

AFAIK this one was a member of SF ODA (can't quite remember ODA number but IIRC it was form 3rd or 5th SFG) cooperating with MSOT 8222 in Bala-Murghab Valley back in 2009/10 (Level Zero Heroes etc.).

Hope this helps :)

;2591665']AFAIK this one was a member of SF ODA (can't quite remember ODA number but IIRC it was form 3rd or 5th SFG) cooperating with MSOT 8222 in Bala-Murghab Valley back in 2009/10 (Level Zero Heroes etc.).

Hope this helps :)

Ah... yeah it looks to be a possible member of ODA 1314. Thanks for the supporting evidence and if I don't find anything to support MARSOC using ANVIS 9's or whatever then it will not be used.

Ah... yeah it looks to be a possible member of ODA 1314. Thanks for the supporting evidence and if I don't find anything to support MARSOC using ANVIS 9's or whatever then it will not be used.
We've got PVS 15's, 14's and ANVIS 9's and one of the teams has GPNVG 18's. It's a buffet of NVG's lol.

Here we go you can see in this video all the members.

We've got PVS 15's, 14's and ANVIS 9's and one of the teams has GPNVG 18's. It's a buffet of NVG's lol.

I feel ya... the possibilities are endless I believe when it comes to SOCOM because you all are a bunch of gear-whores and everything is available mostly. So, if it is available to SOCOM and MARSOC falls under SOCOM, I can see some of the units being config with ANVIS 9's. Thanks bud.

Here we go you can see in this video all the members.

Thanks, this video I have used in the past and is a great reference.

Yeah but unfortunatly we can't see his patch on the shoulder but yeah you're right i think is part of some SFG unit

Yeah but unfortunatly we can't see his patch on the shoulder but yeah you're right i think is part of some SFG unit

At least some of them are from 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Regiment, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command, Camp Lejeune, N.C., at least that's what Sgt. Dolphin (Died supporting OEF on July 31, 2011) was from.

Edited by Brain

At least some of them are from 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Regiment, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command, Camp Lejeune, N.C., at least that's what Sgt. Dolphin (KIA on July 31, 2011) was from.
Can confirm. MSOT 8222 and ODA 1314 in Bala Murghab.

JeffersPang, if you could include the normal ballistic and just allow it to be called up by a item name that would be great. We have been needing a good model for a long time.

Honestly I would toss some stuff our way that is just in the package that can be called by item name IE airframe... <3 pls airframe with and without crye cover. Also you guys should consider adding a gustav into the mix.......... it brings a lot of party with it.

JeffersPang, if you could include the normal ballistic and just allow it to be called up by a item name that would be great. We have been needing a good model for a long time.

Honestly I would toss some stuff our way that is just in the package that can be called by item name IE airframe... <3 pls airframe with and without crye cover. Also you guys should consider adding a gustav into the mix.......... it brings a lot of party with it.

:raisebrow: Hmmmm.... maybe take a chill pill and wait.. :)

What makes you think they aren't of either tier?

You may find that people will cut their sleeves. I found it more sensible to simply roll them up, however my Afghan deployments were winter/spring, and I never found myself there for a summer. Iraq was a different story, but even there one may find a rather brisk evening on an airfield in the anbar province.

What makes you think they aren't of either tier?

You may find that people will cut their sleeves. I found it more sensible to simply roll them up, however my Afghan deployments were winter/spring, and I never found myself there for a summer. Iraq was a different story, but even there one may find a rather brisk evening on an airfield in the anbar province.

I can not remember how much gear got "lost" or was "broken" during my stay in Astan, but i can assure you that, given the right place and time you can see enough broken gear, because it was broken in order to maintain combat effectiveness which still is the very first thing that is important for the survival of your Group. No one will have you go running laps or shove there boot up your butt for that. Of course, it is very unlikely that you take any pictures or record a video in such a situation or area. Simply said, people do that, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Also: We want to give people the ability to do so, and we might as well get all Crye AC Variants done in the first run right?

Edited by fluttershy