Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Ohh man..just looking in this teaser photos and few of your guys signatures under the posts,i cant wait for this man..this is the best detailed addon i have see and i really enjoy in WIP pictures to see progress i cant do much for you guys but you have one loyal fan here,i really appreciate your work guys THANK YOU FOR THAT!!! I am getting goose bumps from seeing fluttershy textured pants :) and JeffersPang helmet and west, binkovski, Meatball0311 infantry stuff and all other guys work that i saw or didn't :) i would love to see what Konyo have in store for us :) Thank you one more time guys from the bottom of my heart.

so innocent .... ;)

At least with vests he can half ass it and go ranger green on everything :D

Looking good fluttershy, though I can't tell if it's the cam template you're using or something else but to me the cam looks a little large on the pockets and pocket flaps, particularly on the thigh.

http://i.imgur.com/QtdFyVg.jpg

I am currently not aware of the next texture assignment within the project but i am looking forward to something less organic ^^

And here we see the great texture artist in it's natural habitat... notice the multiple cuts of camo for different areas of the uniform.. creating a very realistic look.. and not a copypasta look.

Edited by Binkowski

At least with vests he can half ass it and go ranger green on everything :D

Looking good fluttershy, though I can't tell if it's the cam template you're using or something else but to me the cam looks a little large on the pockets and pocket flaps, particularly on the thigh.

I agree, i will need to setup a PSD Network with 3ds to get that done proper, the "issue" or rather my missing in detail was that the pockets have been resized on the UV, therefor using 1 camosize wont do, i will look into the issue. Thanks for noticing ^^

Looks good, knee pads are kind of really off as well as the entire knee area and stretch color. Also the belt loops are wrong. If you are interested in changing any of it I can take some pictures of my pants and post them or send them to you.

Today i finshed up another Normal mapping project on the LV MBAV Platecarrier, as seen worn by MSOB Operators in A-Stan.

take a looki

even mo looki

looki intensifies

Please note the textures are now done in a different fashion since apperently no one cares for quallity anyway, so i just derp blotched the Multicam on there.

Edited by fluttershy

Those are some nice models, but the textures are... err... special. Definitely special.

Today i finshed up another Normal mapping project on the LV MBAV Platecarrier, as seen worn by MSOB Operators in A-Stan.

take a looki

even mo looki

looki intensifies

Please note the textures are now done in a different fashion since apperently no one cares for quallity anyway, so i just derp blotched the Multicam on there.

But I love textures! ;_;

But I love textures! ;_;

Well you are in luck then. Since the MSOBs dont wear MC, because they are way to cool for it, there is also a "regular" version. Which is based on pictures taken as reference.

wow

much love

wow

so detail

My initial post was ment to fit to the regular reskins with minimalistic workflow that are all over this board. But for the fact that i absolutly despise Multicam it felt like a fitting inside joke to be done.

The mbav looks great, however the cummerbund looks a bit l like there are molle loops on it? Any chance of smoothing it out in future versions?

I cant wait to see more updates! The quality of work yall are presenting has me drooling in anticipation until the mods release. I had a question though, concerning the uniforms. One of yall stated that variety is the name of the game, so I was wondering can we expect to see something as small as the uniform pants being bloused/unbloused? You know, for those of us who want to get yelled at by our SNCOs about how terrible of people we are :)

Its a small thing that I was just wondering. I know from stalking the thread for a couple months now that yall have an insane attention to detail so maybe its something that yall have considered/in the works?

And seriously great job guys, I joined the forum just so I can say all this!

There were some posted some pages back (looking good BTW) but looks so far pretty good, nice work!

@3P0X1: The variaty that we are looking for will mostly consist of weathering effect on clothing and equipment, as well as a wide variaty of camo that is used by the respectively represented units. There currently is no plan for a "sleazy" outfit.

@Tachi: We are going to include the Weapons used by the represented units in our Mod, yes. I wont drop the list on you but be asured that everything "needed" will be there, it is only a matter of time.

So on top of that, i have looked up a lot of pictures and video reference lately and started revising the CRYE Combat Shirt AC that you can find somewhere in here. Someone mentioned that the ammount of folds and wrinkles presented on the model and texture were a bit on the downside, which i completly agree with. Hence the revision of the Highpoly model. Below you can see that i am currently resculpting the whole thing.

2OLUbJC.jpg

By4n1BN.jpg

I cant wait to see more updates! The quality of work yall are presenting has me drooling in anticipation until the mods release. I had a question though, concerning the uniforms. One of yall stated that variety is the name of the game, so I was wondering can we expect to see something as small as the uniform pants being bloused/unbloused? You know, for those of us who want to get yelled at by our SNCOs about how terrible of people we are :)

Its a small thing that I was just wondering. I know from stalking the thread for a couple months now that yall have an insane attention to detail so maybe its something that yall have considered/in the works?

And seriously great job guys, I joined the forum just so I can say all this!

Unfortunately, most of the SpecOp bubba's are a bunch of nasty turds and have their gear all dicked up looking ;)

I copy what you are putting down and I can see a possible nice bloused uniform in the future.

Had a bunch (a squad) of Rangers show up at my FOB during my tour in 'ghan and they were like 3P0X1 said, all looking a bit jacked up too. Then again the SF dudes I worked with at the time wore civvies under their gear so.... yeah back on topic, looking good so far!

@Fluttershy thanks for the answer, and the combat shirt is looking great! Cant wait to see the final product

@Meatball I think I should've elaborated better to what I was asking, though I believe Fluttershy got it, I was wondering if we could expect something along these lines http://i.imgur.com/qmN9ZQC.jpg where A3 seems to wanna stay in regs with pants that present a bloused appearance, over the boot. Because, bloused pants just aren't as cool as otherwise :rolleyes:

@Meatball I think I should've elaborated better to what I was asking, though I believe Fluttershy got it, I was wondering if we could expect something along these lines http://i.imgur.com/qmN9ZQC.jpg where A3 seems to wanna stay in regs with pants that present a bloused appearance, over the boot. Because, bloused pants just aren't as cool as otherwise :rolleyes:

I stand corrected... I guess I assumed you were asking if there would be any bloused uniforms, because it is pretty much... with all due respect... a no brainer that most (if not all) operators have their cammies unbloused.

Anyway... maybe the uniform I was talking about might be used for something other than an operator.. :raisebrow: or maybe just a motivated locked-on operator..... :lookaround:

At least what I am implying is my vision is to see several types of uniforms.. now if that will happen I do not know.

I stand corrected... I guess I assumed you were asking if there would be any bloused uniforms, because it is pretty much... with all due respect... a no brainer that most (if not all) operators have their cammies unbloused.

Anyway... maybe the uniform I was talking about might be used for something other than an operator.. :raisebrow: or maybe just a motivated locked-on operator..... :lookaround:

At least what I am implying is my vision is to see several types of uniforms.. now if that will happen I do not know.

2operator4u?

http://i4.minus.com/ioGPQVuRdHC84.jpg >1000kb

http://i1.minus.com/jkgS1b9e44vH1.jpg

http://i4.minus.com/jbor9SmiStOSIT.jpg

Those three are SASR so I think they're operator enough to fit into that catagory :P

I think generally apart from them not seeing it necessary it's probably because most of them opt out for commercial hiking shoes rather than combat boots which are kinda difficult to blouse with the lower cut:

http://i.minus.com/jjgMf6c0f0yLr.jpg

For those scratching their head at what the above page is about it's this fancy shit the military does to look professional (with the excuse it's to stop bugs getting in...):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkLGofT1A1KZ5O_uvH8yHL90PFe0DMiXU10Wbz3PmHj69pXSTa

See the theme in the bloused boots? Standard issue, belleville, Danner, etc.

The mountain boots, both 6 and 8 inch, might seem difficult to blouse those. When I wore my Merrells in Iraq and never bloused my boots, then again, when I wore my belleville and it was hot as balls I didn't blouse my boots. METTC.

EricJ I'd love for you to elaborate on dicked up. Not wearing throat and groin protectors doesn't count.

2operator4u?

Those three are SASR so I think they're operator enough to fit into that catagory :P

I think generally apart from them not seeing it necessary it's probably because most of them opt out for commercial hiking shoes rather than combat boots which are kinda difficult to blouse with the lower cut:

For those scratching their head at what the above page is about it's this fancy shit the military does to look professional (with the excuse it's to stop bugs getting in...):

Scarecrow398 got ya! Thanks for those pics and insight. Very useful.

See the theme in the bloused boots? Standard issue, belleville, Danner, etc.

The mountain boots, both 6 and 8 inch, might seem difficult to blouse those. When I wore my Merrells in Iraq and never bloused my boots, then again, when I wore my belleville and it was hot as balls I didn't blouse my boots. METTC.

EricJ I'd love for you to elaborate on dicked up. Not wearing throat and groin protectors doesn't count.

lol no one was just walking around with his uniform top off, muscle shirt style. I never wore the throat and groin protector so I don't consider that "dicked up" even for me. I'm not very stringent (never was being FIST) but... when everybody else is walking around with ACUs and you have Muscle Man, you stand out. Besides most Rangers haven't really impressed me (my FO waxed a good portion of 2/75 during our NTC rotation and that squad that Muscle Man came with shot an Afghan "because he looked threatening" who delivered chai to an ANA OP for three years) as a whole. But I'm not saying they don't deserve their reputation but from my limited dealings I honestly haven't been too impressed either.

But this is also straying off topic... I'll still download the addon regardless but I don't want to turn this into a "I hate Rangers" -fest, that's not what this topic is for either.

Edited by EricJ

Ah. Off topic indeed. T-shirts make a lasting impression! Not sure what your rotations were like, but from my five rotations with them, we had our fair share off ass hats, but that's to be expected with every unit. Tis why the RFS policy is in place. Not certain a minor uniform infraction would qualify for that.. By and large I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences. Always nice to see other perspectives. Sometimes it just takes one or two people to ruin the reputation. Regardless, good chat! Back on topic.