Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Oh yeah.. we got some pikes, crossbows, and flaming tar coming your way. Good question. I am not sure why my title was listed as "weapons lead". I am kind of a jack-of-all-trades type of fella and know a little bit about everything. I am in an Assistant Project Lead role and really am best at putting things together and wrapping it up and delivering.

I am in the process of bringing over my M4A1's. My personal opinion, is that they are looking really nice and will include some nice animations.

Awesome. Can't wait dudes. Keeping my fingers crossed for some more WIP screens ;)

Edited by ZimZamFlimFlam

Keep up the work guys! I hope that all is going well! As the obvious Muhreen ZimZamFlimFlam said, a couple of screens would make my fifth limb go hard!

Keep up the work guys! I hope that all is going well! As the obvious Muhreen ZimZamFlimFlam said, a couple of screens would make my fifth limb go hard!

Muhreen?

It's a play on words. Muhreen = Marine as in someone that has actively served in the Corps.

Ah that makes sense. I was thinking too far into it I guess.

If this is the 2030s, shouldn't hyperspectral goggles like those that DEVGRU used be standard issue? Line units already have the biometrics tools that they used to ID muj in A-stan.

If this is the 2030s, shouldn't hyperspectral goggles like those that DEVGRU used be standard issue? Line units already have the biometrics tools that they used to ID muj in A-stan.

I didn't understand one fucking bit of that

Don't worry he doesn't either

A note to all: The people who almost certainly haven't served one day in their lives can now stop talking like they're überbadassninjas. That is all.

You have an extremely valid point, Mindsculptor. But, also take into consideration the standard issue of the analytical-axis of the hyperium ghost gloves used by the highest tier of DEVGRU for gentle weapon gripping, so that their perfect specialized hands do not get cramps. Not to mention the fine hyperbolic boots they wear to prevent pinky toe blisters. Once you've taken THAT into true consideration, you'll realize the ArmA 3 technology issued to its virtual soldiers are on-par with reality.

/joke

You have an extremely valid point, Mindsculptor. But, also take into consideration the standard issue of the analytical-axis of the hyperium ghost gloves used by the highest tier of DEVGRU for gentle weapon gripping, so that their perfect specialized hands do not get cramps. Not to mention the fine hyperbolic boots they wear to prevent pinky toe blisters. Once you've taken THAT into true consideration, you'll realize the ArmA 3 technology issued to its virtual soldiers are on-par with reality.

/joke

My sides

th?id=H.4510339672770555&w=213&h=130&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

/joke

May I bookmark this for whenever a Tom-Clancy-esque techwanking discussion pops up again? :P

Hyperspectral imaging is the use of multiple light spectrums to produce an image. For example, combining low light illumination, IR, and UV into a single image. There was some mention that the NVGs that DEVGRU used during Neptune Spear were of that type. Picture from a hyperspectral imager tuned to visual and LWIR. But you guys want to be smart asses when I was just trying to be helpful, so whatever.

Hyperspectral imaging is the use of multiple light spectrums to produce an image. For example, combining low light illumination, IR, and UV into a single image. There was some mention that the NVGs that DEVGRU used during Neptune Spear were of that type. Picture from a hyperspectral imager tuned to visual and LWIR. But you guys want to be smart asses when I was just trying to be helpful, so whatever.

lol it just keeps getting better

lol it just keeps getting better

Personally, I think one of two things is going on here. Either...

A) this guy is smarter than all of us and knows what he's talking about

Or B) he's just shitting through his teeth right now because none of that made any god damn sense

Lets stay on topic... I do not have anything to report as of now, but be assured that things are being put together and the project is moving forward. Anyway, I do know that the work I am seeing is of a modern day period.

Yeah what Meat said. There's no reason to be condescending and rude when correcting people, this really isn't the Arma community spirit guys.

edit - Anyway I'll use this post to give a small update on current tasks (besides UVing the other models). Early WIP of MK.17s with a preview of different optics we plan on releasing with the addon pack :) Like I said it's very early WIP so it'll be subject to a lot of changes in the future.

m1LZVaf.jpg

Edited by JeffersPang

Yeah what Meat said. There's no reason to be condescending and rude when correcting people, this really isn't the Arma community spirit guys.

edit - Anyway I'll use this post to give a small update on current tasks (besides UVing the other models). Early WIP of MK.17s with a preview of different optics we plan on releasing with the addon pack :) Like I said it's very early WIP so it'll be subject to a lot of changes in the future.

http://i.imgur.com/m1LZVaf.jpg

Fair enough Ill stop, on to the models.

What are you using to UV your models?

http://i.imgur.com/m1LZVaf.jpg

GORGEOUS:o

We will also be having a big WIP post coming soon with a lot of screenshots, stay tuned.

What are you using to UV your models?

We're using 3ds Max with TexTools (both free) to UV. Here's a really good tutorial video courtesy of Astast :)

y_1ql8yH2Ow