Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

After one Sculting was finished for the Combat Shirts i went to get the second version done. This time the Soldier is a bit more "Muscle" then the Scult before, especially considering not every Soldier in the Military has the same Build to him.

I also consulted with Meatball who had the impression the last Version was a bit to wrinkled on the chestarea. This is simply another step towards a good variety of uniforms. God i hate thinking back seeing 20 different operators wearing the exact same uniform, down to the very pattern of it. From what i have learned in my past experiance with videogames and immersion it is crucial to be able to differenciate between characters. Most Games developers handle it pretty simple, especially in the SF field of work, they simply equip the different lead characters with different equipment, camo and clothing pieces. So for the nice change of pace, having for example 5 soldiers wearing the exact same gear and still appear different is a great step in a direction currently disreguarded by the arma series.

Though since we are currently waiting for one of our teammembers to shovel away on reallife duties we got some "free" time on our hand for the approach of such variety. Since the Lowpoly modeling and UV take about the same ammount of time as 2-3 Highpoly sculpts of the same model i think we are in a good timeframe to achive the goal mentioned above. Thanks to having more then 1 Teammember working on texture i will also wont have to touch Multicam anymore ^^.

WWWmPtO.jpg

Rd1tYxT.jpg

J09GKGy.jpg

fluttershy you are very good presenter and Public relation guy : D Thanks to you we can learn new thing or two,

and see some progress in image form.So thanks for it!

fluttershy you are very good presenter and Public relation guy : D Thanks to you we can learn new thing or two,

and see some progress in image form.So thanks for it!

Haha funny you should mention that ... I've always said that Fluttershy has become our de-facto PR Representative :D Also bear in mind that we won't release image updates until we are fully satisfied with the end results, considering that we're all obsessed with detail accuracy (to an unhealthy degree) the updates won't be in quick successions.

Will you be planning to do a cut off/down sleeves version of the Crye Tops? A lot of Operators in Afghan and other Arid AO's are using cut down sleeves... awesome work progress though

Will you be planning to do a cut off/down sleeves version of the Crye Tops? A lot of Operators in Afghan and other Arid AO's are using cut down sleeves... awesome work progress though

Yes we are planning with several variants of gear. Since deployed SOC Units tend to personalize there gear (inside there deployment time and outside) you will defenitly see a wide variaty of different styles when it comes to Uniforms and gear. Luckily we are all on the same page inside the SOC Mod Team and we are aware that such gear is widely used. We are currently unclear about the total ammount of different versions to implement but i think "lots" would be the best way to describe it at the current state of our models and the overall status of the Mod itself.

I just hope that the mod doesn't grow too much and never see's the light of day, I was part of a modding team for Ghost recon back in the day, I think we were calling our mod Dyna-Mod, trying to create dynamic campaigns and missions, and characters (me), where we had a great team with very clear idea's but it started to grow way beyond what we initially set out to do, and as much as we were putting in the hard work, we were pushing ourselves beyond our initial idea and concept.

I've no doubt you guys will be more structured, I only have the Alpha of Arma3 I'm still using 2 just now, once the good stuff starts to roll in, and I get myself a stonking machine to run it, then I'm happy to sit back and watch the progress you guys are making. I have one question though, the basic arma 3 character that was released, is only in his undies, do you guys have to make the whole uniform pretty much in the same way as making dressing him? I mean as in starting from complerte scratch ?

I just hope that the mod doesn't grow too much and never see's the light of day, I was part of a modding team for Ghost recon back in the day, I think we were calling our mod Dyna-Mod, trying to create dynamic campaigns and missions, and characters (me), where we had a great team with very clear idea's but it started to grow way beyond what we initially set out to do, and as much as we were putting in the hard work, we were pushing ourselves beyond our initial idea and concept.

I've no doubt you guys will be more structured, I only have the Alpha of Arma3 I'm still using 2 just now, once the good stuff starts to roll in, and I get myself a stonking machine to run it, then I'm happy to sit back and watch the progress you guys are making. I have one question though, the basic arma 3 character that was released, is only in his undies, do you guys have to make the whole uniform pretty much in the same way as making dressing him? I mean as in starting from complerte scratch ?

We will release a stable first release and if needed there will be future updates.

I mean as in starting from complerte scratch ?

Yes. No copy and pasting or reskins in SOC.

Why elbow on combat shirt :( ?

Are you serious!?!?

Let this be an example of a question that is not even going to be considered next time, because if you did any type of search or research before you asked, you would have found that the model is of a CRYE Precision Combat Shirt that has removable elbow pads.

Edited by Meatball0311

Why elbow on combat shirt :( ?

so are you just trolling or are you just that ignorant ? maybe you should do more research and look at what your talking about before you post ? cause right now i dont know if your trolling. and good work guys ^_^

NO !!! ONLY G3

My remark concerning the topic or I saw a combat shirt AC in aor2 ... Crye does not produce the AC in Aor2

The combat shirt used by special force in aor1 or aor2 (Devgru, SEAL etc) ... Have no elbow

I'm a French Navy SEAL reenactor, I have a SEAL Diver gear (rebreather, vest etc ...). All of my friends have real DEVGRU and SEAL's modern gear ...

My Diver gear :

pkw2.jpg

My Crye navy shirt in Aor1 (SEAL issued) and my pant :

v5e8.jpg

0f5r.jpg

s386.jpg

I know what I'm talking ...

Another exemple :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Crye-Precision-AOR1-Combat-Shirt-Large-not-AOR2-Silynx-Eagle-Ops-Core-LBT-/151175728652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2332c68e0c

Edited by cocazoulou

This mod will represent Army Rangers in first place, they wear Crye AC (Army Custom) Combat Shirt (G3s also but they're less common) which has removable elbow pads. If they'll get around to making DEVGRU or SEAL units I'm sure they'll make correct Crye NC (Navy Custom) Combat Shirts without pads.

AC in AOR1/2 was only to showcase possible camouflages in future.

Anyways... Great job there SOC team, can't wait to use it :)

Edited by Max255[PL]

cocazoulou i have reported you for your post. I have no idea where your aggressive hostility is coming from but i dont want that here in this thread. First off your initial question: I am sure Meatball has explained this enough, the current Combat Shirt AC that you see inside this thread is the one that is represented by Crye as of there 2011 collection. Yes other versions of said combatshirts do exist, especially the once visible via eBay and other third markets are often older versions, especially the AOR versions as these are not aviable to public. But then again, a question like that, in a thread like this followed up by your outbreak is plain disrepectful to the team in my eyes.

So please refrain from posting any further feedback, questions or remarks within this thread, i simply wont deal with people that cant even bring up the smallest ammount of respect for others.

Yes I know, but in this post :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155434-SOC-WIP-Thread&p=2464541&viewfull=1#post2464541

I saw a AC in aor2 ... It's a mistake

I was aggressive? When ? ... I said no such thing :j:

so are you just trolling or are you just that ignorant ?
Edited by cocazoulou

delete post changed mind not going to be helpful

Edited by kazenokizu

It is AOR1, first runs didn't have Navy emblems embedded into pattern, and it's not MARPAT.

But let's just cut this OT.

No prob chaps, I was just giving an opinion for ONE screen print ... ^^

Just like you I want to see this mod out as realistic as possible :)

Ok.. I think this should be taken care of now and we can move on.

You all have to realize that we put a lot of time and energy in making sure we are being as accurate as possible and we do appreciate the ones that are trying to help out in achieving that purpose. To help avoid any further miscommunications if you have a comment or think something should be corrected, please supply the appropriate supporting evidence so we know that you are being helpful not supercilious. Thank you....

If you need a real size of PVS-15 and 18 I can help you.

(I speak poor English, so sorry if I seem autaint)

I have to laugh at some posters, but in fairness, we have to accept that a lot of what they say is lost in translation too, the mod makers know their shyt, they've done their research, I for one will download it when it comes available, the work being showcased is of an exceptional standard, this mod has so many possibilites, and I'm sure the developers are well aware of this.. keep up the good work, no harm no foul, just remember the road to hell was paved with good intentions :D

;2580872']It is AOR1' date=' first runs didn't have Navy emblems embedded into pattern, and it's not MARPAT.

But let's just cut this OT.[/quote']

Thanks as always...

If you need a real size of PVS-15 and 18 I can help you.

(I speak poor English, so sorry if I seem autaint)

No, problem I understand and everything is all good. Thanks for wanting to help.

I have to laugh at some posters, but in fairness, we have to accept that a lot of what they say is lost in translation too, the mod makers know their shyt, they've done their research, I for one will download it when it comes available, the work being showcased is of an exceptional standard, this mod has so many possibilites, and I'm sure the developers are well aware of this.. keep up the good work, no harm no foul, just remember the road to hell was paved with good intentions :D

Appreciate the support and understanding... lets move on to greater things. :)

Just a little heads up update.

The emblems which are found on 2006-present Combat shirts made by crye were recreated as vector graphics in order to place them along the finishing touches for our textures.

Only the Marine custom is a wild guess as i am aware that MSOB uses said Combat shirts, but i am unsure of the name and fabric choices made by the Operators. As you can see the fabric choosen by Navy and Army differ when it comes to the main-body of the Shirts. Please also note, older UBACS (Under Body Armor Combat Shirts) which were produced by Crye as well as many other companys only feature a "print on" which looks entirely different.

7e37ee209d32a16c12c6834cf13fd9e5.png

The tag on M81 Crye's G3s (!) should be:

Item: Custom

Material: Custom

etc etc.

Much like this (different item but the tag should be the same):

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/sgt_bob1/352e580f.jpg

Since Crye uniforms were only a limited custom run before MARSOC switched to Drifire, Beyond, Patagonia, etc. due to their Crye G3s quality issues.

Edited by Max255[PL]

;2581526']The tag on M81 Crye's G3s (!) should be:

Item: Custom

Material: Custom

etc etc.

Much like this (different item but the tag should be the same):

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/sgt_bob1/352e580f.jpg

Since Crye uniforms were only a limited custom run before MARSOC switched to Drifire' date=' Beyond, Patagonia, etc. due to their Crye G3s quality issues.[/quote']

True. I know the only CRYE that was used by MSOB was the Custom Woodland variants, mostly worn by military advisors and training personal deployed in A-Stan. Or rather, thats the only ppl i saw from the Corps wearing CRYE.

Edited by fluttershy