bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

SOFTACT ->

Yeah i notice that to.

If you want 3 infantry patrol in a city, create 3 little marker (20x20). And for each marker set 1 infatry patrol. It should work.

If you make a big marker around the city with 3 infatry patrol and 3 armoured, you will see only 2 or 3 armoured.

ProDomo -> Do you know a way to reset cleared area after some hours (turing back to red, and have to capture again) ? I think you explained it in your post before, i will give a look.

Since that touches the very heart of the script it will take me sometime to figure it out. But I have the vague feeling, that this point was covered before somewhere in this thread. Don't pin me down on it though

This script work with full version of Arma3?

and as it says on the first post:

Instructions

Important. You must add a game logic named server

where do you find the game logic at in the editor?

Any chance of making a trigger (radio) and spawn reinforcements for yourself, so they can join you when you suffer casualties?:)

where do you find the game logic at in the editor?

-> Place your player unit

-> Now you can choose in the same menu (F1) "Game Logic" just scroll down after "Bluefor" "Opfor" "civilian" etc....

Any chance of making a trigger (radio) and spawn reinforcements for yourself, so they can join you when you suffer casualties?

With the Prodomo solution (upside on this page), you can active an EOS marker, but you have to work on it to spawn it on your own position. More simple solution is to use an other script.

Thanks a lot for this script! For a very long time I was searching for a script like EOS! Just one question , is it possible to spawn kajman with your script ?

I just went trough the last 40pages on this thread and made all the "patching" in all of the files and fixes people have provided.. and now... Everything seems to work just great, i haven¨t played around to much to test in game, but i launched MCC and activated track units and spawned around in my zones, and i get AI in houses patrols going around everything... Nice :)

Yes Beqanyc, spawn the right side in the marker, and make sure it is in the unit pools. Of course you will need to add the classname if it is not in the pool.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Is there anyway to fix or do a work around, so when your markers are invisible they do not show up on the load in map ? Kinda redundant to make them so that you can't see them,, if you can see them at start.

Any help would be more then appreciated as I'm just about done my TvT map. That is the only black eye my mission has atm.

Cheers!

Maybe a sleep option ?

Edited by 3lockad3
Cuz I'm awesome!

Yes Beqanyc, spawn the right side in the marker, and make sure it is in the unit pools. Of course you will need to add the classname if it is not in the pool.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Is there anyway to fix or do a work around, so when your markers are invisible they do not show up on the load in map ? Kinda redundant to make them so that you can't see them,, if you can see them at start.

Any help would be more then appreciated as I'm just about done my TvT map. That is the only black eye my mission has atm.

Cheers!

Maybe a sleep option ?

No way to spawn attack chopper for me.

By the way, for your marker problem at start, try to check all the "debug" in the EOS file, and turn it to OFF, EOScore and BASTION should have it turned ON, so check it and turn it OFF.

I had the same problem one month ago, and that resolve it.

If that don't work, admin have to logout, disconnect, connect again and the marker should disapear.

Fix for hiding the Eos Markers,,, hide the map on load

In the description.ext

showMap = 0;

anyone knows how to get eos not to change the color of all zones?? i've got a bunch pf zones some purple ones and blue and yellow.. i still want them to get red when theyre in use but then i want them to return to the colors i assigned them in the first place except when i clear a zone i want it to be green.. is this possible?? anyone??

I've been out of the loop, is there an up-to-date version of this that someone can upload? Where'd BangaBob go?

I've been out of the loop, is there an up-to-date version of this that someone can upload? Where'd BangaBob go?

Still here. Over the holidays i may look through the forum and see if i can apply everyones fixes to the official version.

Hey guys,

Is there a way to make EOS "forget" previous events and just keep spawning according the original params each time a zone is activated? I am making a community cache hunt mission (holiday goof) and multiple competing groups will arrive at the same locations. I would thus want each EOS zone to reset rather than cache each time players enter it... Though I have thus far only managed to break the script trying to look for a solution... Please all you Obi-Ones out there, your my only hope!

Still here. Over the holidays i may look through the forum and see if i can apply everyones fixes to the official version.

That would be excellent. With the amount of fixes, patches and other solutions, my EOS installed folder started to get a life of its own :)

Excellent script mate! One of the best spawn on demand scripts out there.

Merry Christmas from 7-75th Banga Bob.

Edited to be replaced by code below

Edited by Redfield-77
Code Below

re EOS_Bastion

1. Some squads don't de-spawn, especially if they haven't made it into the Bastion Zone by the end of the assault. After a few hours the island is littered with squads standing idle at the center of prior Bastion Zones, when they finally made it to the center but didn't get the EOS_deactivate memo.

2. Sometimes a squad or two spawns at a point far far away from the Bastion Zone. Always at the same point, south of Drimea on the 'neck' between the southern peninsula and the mainland.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Still a problem with Enemy Ai APC's they do not fire on the player. Any one find the solution?

I get this too, but not isolated to EOS.

When I spawn a mechanized Inf squad or mech AA/AT squad, they come with a MSE Marid APC or a BTR-K Kamysh APC. The APC does not fire. It swivels the gun toward the enemy but the 'fire' command is never given even when attacked.

I can only get them to fire if I spawn them by themselves without their infantry squad.

I think the issue may stem from the fact the APC is taking orders from an external Squad Leader rather than the vehicle crew Commander/Gunner/Driver.

The external Squad Leader may not 'understand' how to order a vehicle under its command to shoot.

I dunno, just idle speculation.

Hello again, I had a chance to test and had to change the code a bit. So anyone that wants Tangos that die with 1-2 hits spawned by EOS here it is. Just back up your old Infantry_Spawn.sqf and Overwrite it with this one. It also nerfs the AI skills a bit but all can be adjusted to your taste.

// SINGLE INFANTRY GROUP
if (!isServer) exitwith {};
private ["_r","_side","_type","_unitType","_grp","_unit","_pool","_n","_grpMax","_grpMin","_grpSize","_debug","_pos","_faction"];

_pos=(_this select 0);
_grpSize=(_this select 1);
_faction=(_this select 2);
_side=(_this select 3);

_grpMin=_grpSize select 0;
_grpMax=_grpSize select 1;
_d=_grpMax-_grpMin;				
_r=floor(random _d);							
_grpSize=_r+_grpMin;

_debug=FALSE;

if (surfaceiswater _pos) then {_type=1;}else{_type=0;};
	_pool=[_faction,_type] call EOS_unit;

_grp=createGroup _side;

_n=0;						
while {_n < _grpSize} do {

_unitType=_pool select (floor(random(count _pool)));
_unit = _grp createUnit [_unitType, _pos, [], 0, "FORM"];
_unit removeAllEventHandlers "HandleDamage";
_unit addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{
_damage = (_this select 2)*3;
_damage}];
_n=_n+1;
//hint format ["EOS spawned: %1", _unit];

sleep 0.1;
_unit setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.1];
_unit setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.1];
_unit setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.1];
_unit setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];
_unit setSkill ["spottime", 0.3];
_unit setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.1];
_unit setSkill ["commanding", .4];
_unit setSkill ["general", .3];
sleep 0.1;
};

_grp

We still need to fix the guys that spawn for vehicle crews but this is a good start. All credit goes to Banga Bob for this outstanding script. We just made some minor alterations to fix damage and AI skill.

Edited by Redfield-77

Thanks a bunch, Redfield. As you suggested, it worked perfectly once i increased some of the skill settings a bit.

Your welcome Invisibull. When we saw that Banga Bob was back my entire unit got excited. I can't remember a single mission we have done without EOS since we switched to Arma 3. Our only problems had to do with bis default AI shooting like aim bots and the fact that it takes 4-5 5.56 hits to put down an enemy. Once we alter the Fill_Cargo.sqf to adjust vehicle crews and passengers I will post it. You are right about the skills, they are a bit low because we were testing and wanted to make sure it was working so went a bit extreme. Also the x3 damage may be a bit much it was to make sure it was working as well. I blocked out the debug hints but the adjustments to taste are left for the user.

Before I knew anything about scripting I was impressed with this script. Then I started learning a bit about it and I realized what a masterpiece EOS really is. It works with any units. You can just make up a faction on the fly if you want. I cant say enough good things about it.

Now to my request list lol. In this order I wish...

Bob would help us re-write the part that spawns crews and passengers. We cant seem to get the event handlers to stick to them. Im not sure if the event handler gets wiped when they exit the vehicle or what. Im still a noob.

Bob would make a feature to respawn the units on a marker. I think this was requested by someone else also. I would love for EOS zones to repopulate over time.

Bob would finish the bastion feature. It is really cool but without a countdown timer it seems to begin too quickly. It also appears to be stuck in debug mode though I havent played with it in a while. Units spawn positions appear and never go away.

Those three things would be awesome. I get the feeling that Bob created this script thinking it would be relevant for a time then something better would come along or people would just stop using it but the truth is it works too well with everything to not keep building upon it. The new PIP command post is really cool, but EOS is pure gold.