bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

Howdy Banga,

The script won't let me use over 200 markers any ideas on how to bypass that?

What type of market do you use? Rectangle or ellipse or Square? Also how large are your markers

Ellipse, 1100m x 300m.

From the EOS readme: "Preferably keep the marker symmetrical and below 500m in size." Maybe that's your issue?

Howdy Banga,

The script won't let me use over 200 markers any ideas on how to bypass that?

Are you sure it's not an arma restriction ?

1.96 EOS release

changelog 1.96

- Diver/boats spawn properly in water

- Units now spawn with equal spread in non-symmetrical markers (No more clustering the center of some markers)

- Patrolling units will not patrol outside of the marker area

- Several rpt error fixes

- New word document explaining new features

- Now uses SHUKOs random pos script

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

How does this work with larger zones now?

This update focused on making eos work better with large markers and odd shapes.

BangaBob, thank you for the time you took for this script. Its been a phenominal thing for a first time mission maker. That being said, may I ask (and if its been asked before, forgive me, 60 pages of forums was a tad much to dig through for this... With your script, is whatever you set the AI skills (shake,accuracy,skill etc) in the script over ridden by a dedicated server such as TADST? Not that its a big deal, I'm happy either way with how it's turned out (I used your script on Zargabad). It just had me scratching my head for a few days. Thanks for you effort and if you reply

Bob, I'm still seeing some situations where AI squads are staying in safe or alert mode as friendlies are being cut down in plain view/hearing within 100m from their position. Even pushing all skill settings to 1 they still don't always seem to be aware of what they should be. It really cuts down on the immersion when a group well within 300m should be firing at you but instead walks off as if you aren't there.

Can confirm Invisibull's comment. Had the same issue with one of my missions whilst testing v1.96. Went thru the scripts, but so far have not been able to pinpoint that causes this.

Let me also take this pportunity to thank you for this great script and keeping it up to date!

I appreciate this update to 1.96.

Thank you sir!

a question:

Is endurance supposed to be 05? or 0.5? or just 5?

eos\AI_Skill.sqf line 6, 21, 36, 51, 66

// INFANTRY SKILL

_InfskillSet = [

0.25, // aimingAccuracy

0.45, // aimingShake

0.6, // aimingSpeed

05, // endurance

0.4, // spotDistance

0.4, // spotTime

1, // courage

1, // reloadSpeed

1, // commanding

1 // general

];

Also, is there somewhere in Bohemia literature that I can read exactly the effects of tweaking those skill parameters? ie. does setting courage to 2 do anything, and if so, what? The end goal is to make short bastion sequences more intense. I want the AI to come hard and fast as if there is a time crunch, not hunker down into a long drawn-out firefight.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Bob, I'm still seeing some situations where AI squads are staying in safe or alert mode as friendlies are being cut down in plain view/hearing within 100m from their position. Even pushing all skill settings to 1 they still don't always seem to be aware of what they should be. It really cuts down on the immersion when a group well within 300m should be firing at you but instead walks off as if you aren't there.

I am having some trouble recreating this issue. On the salt flats in i engage the enemy from about 250m away and they go prone and fire back within 15 seconds. Then the AI continue to engage and push up to my position.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

I appreciate this update to 1.96.

Thank you sir!

a question:

Is endurance supposed to be 05? or 0.5? or just 5?

eos\AI_Skill.sqf line 6, 21, 36, 51, 66

// INFANTRY SKILL

_InfskillSet = [

0.25, // aimingAccuracy

0.45, // aimingShake

0.6, // aimingSpeed

05, // endurance

0.4, // spotDistance

0.4, // spotTime

1, // courage

1, // reloadSpeed

1, // commanding

1 // general

];

Also, is there somewhere in Bohemia literature that I can read exactly the effects of tweaking those skill parameters? ie. does setting courage to 2 do anything, and if so, what? The end goal is to make short bastion sequences more intense. I want the AI to come hard and fast as if there is a time crunch, not hunker down into a long drawn-out firefight.

Yes your right the endurance should be 0.5. Doh.

And all the values have a maximum of 1. Therefore setting courage to 2 won't work.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array

Hi Bob,

I have no problem with the reactions of groups I'm engaging. For the most part they do react convincingly when fired upon. It's the groups close-by (sometimes less than 100m away) who are not being directly engaged that fail to respond as they should. This doesn't happen every single time, but it does happen enough to be a bother.

Hi Bob,

I have no problem with the reactions of groups I'm engaging. For the most part they do react convincingly when fired upon. It's the groups close-by (sometimes less than 100m away) who are not being directly engaged that fail to respond as they should. This doesn't happen every single time, but it does happen enough to be a bother.

I honestly don't know what i can do to fix this. Seems like more of an ArmA AI bug than a script error

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Hotfix applied to download link.

Open eos/core/eos_core.sqf. Browse to line 260

replace

null = [_mkr,[_aGrps,_aSize],[_bGrps,_bSize],[_cGrps,_cSize],[_dGrps,_eGrps,_eGrpsB,_eSize],_settings,false] execVM "eos\core\EOS_Core.sqf";

with

null = [_mkr,[_aGrps,_aSize],[_bGrps,_bSize],[_cGrps,_cSize],[_dGrps,_eGrps,_eGrpsB,_eSize],_settings,true] execVM "eos\core\EOS_Core.sqf";

Large Update. Main features: BASTION COMPLETE, EOS x2 FASTER , ACCURACY OF TRIGGERS IMPROVED

changelog 1.97

- fixed AI skill

- Fixed patrol group cache

- Fixed attack/transport chopper

- Hugely improved efficiency

- Bastion completed

- New parameters for bastion

- EOS integrated with bastion

- Added marker angle variable

- Bastion readme

- Transport helicopters land outside of zone

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

For normal EOS spawn (not bastion), how do I put down an invisible ellipse/rectangular marker? Only invisible marker I can find is the icon, but spawning AI with the icon results in them grouped tightly around it and don't really patrol within an area.

I want AI patrolling and garrisoning buildings in a roughly 200m diameter area around the marker, but I do not want any evidence of an 'area' on the map.

I also note Endurance skill has been removed, is this intended?

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

For normal EOS spawn (not bastion), how do I put down an invisible ellipse/rectangular marker? Only invisible marker I can find is the icon, but spawning AI with the icon results in them grouped tightly around it.

I want AI patrolling and garrisoning buildings in a roughly 200m diameter area around the marker, but I do not want any evidence of an 'area' on the map.

Read the EOS read me document. It explains how.

Place your 200x200 marker and in the eos call put. (NOTICE I CHANGED THE LAST NUMBER FROM [0,0,250,EAST] TO [0,1,250,EAST])

null = [["EOSinf_1","EOSinf_2"],[2,1],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0,0,0],[0,1,250,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

I've been attempting to implement the latest version of EOS into my mission (coming from 1.9), and unfortunately it's been giving me fits. Spits out multiple errors in EOS_Launch and EOS_Core on mission launch, and when I get to an AO it either spawns nothing or the incorrect units which fail to cache. I should note that I get no such errors from the sample mission so I suspect it's a timing issue with using EOS as a module rather than in it's own folder. Any suggestions?

Here's what I'm getting in order of appearance:

Error in expression <_LVgroupArray],[_AVehGroups,_SVehGroups,_CHGroups,_CHgroupArray],_settings] exec>
 Error position: <_CHGroups,_CHgroupArray],_settings] exec>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _chgroups
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 58

Error in expression <oups=_SVeh select 2;
_CHgroupSize=_SVeh select 3;
_settings=(_this select 5);
_f>
 Error position: <select 3;
_settings=(_this select 5);
_f>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 18

Error in expression <
_debug=FALSE;
_heightLimit=false;

if (_side==EAST) then {_enemyFaction="east";>
 Error position: <_side==EAST) then {_enemyFaction="east";>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _side
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\EOS_Core.sqf, line 17

Error in expression <t (floor(random(count _pool)));
_unit = _grp createUnit [_unitType, _pos, [], 6,>
 Error position: <_grp createUnit [_unitType, _pos, [], 6,>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _grp

Error in expression <K_pos;                    
_bGroup=[_pos,_bSize,_faction,_side] call EOS_spawnPatrol;
0 = [_bGrou>
 Error position: <_side] call EOS_spawnPatrol;
0 = [_bGrou>
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\EOS_Core.sqf, line 98

Error in expression <entry = _this select 1;

if ((typeName _side) != (typeName sideEnemy)) exitWith>
 Error position: <_side) != (typeName sideEnemy)) exitWith>
File A3\functions_f\spawning\fn_selectCrew.sqf, line 25

Edited by LKincheloe

I think the Bastion module has some great potential - but would it be possible to let the enemy attack from only one direction instead of coming from all sides...? :)