Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

Jump MF - basic mod to unlock vaulting animation

Thanks for the video Feint - have updated the first post, much appreciated. :)

There will be a new version very soon with some cool anim workarounds by Bad Benson (he da man)!

I might make the stanima dependancy a bit less/ drop it. What do others think of this? Nobody's really posted (only one person) about the stanima issue. Maybe everyone doesn't mind, or hates it too much to comment. Visual indicators were mentioned but tbh I'm not too keen on them. Maybe I should put up a poll.

I really think the stamina toll that jumping takes really really adds to the "realism" of this addon. In fact, I would be willing to bet that all of the people who are critical of this addon haven't played it and don't realize that you can't jump forever with it. I would almost add more of a toll on the stamina for when you aren't carrying anything. You can see in the video I made that at the end, I am able to do about 5 jumps plus full sprinting without too much effect on my stamina. I figured that's because I'm not carrying anything other than clothes and a first aid kit.

Glad you liked the video. :)

This video just goes to show why this god awful wonder jump should be binned and forgotten IMO,

How folk can scream "yay this is awesome, realistic, just like real life" to jump like 50 feet onto roof's jumping from balcony's running and jumping around, jeez the shame,

I actually thought Arma was a military world simulator, yes there were a lot of "Cod, BF wishlist items come up recently and most folk just ignored them, but now this has come to fruition nothing is stopping you, the world is your oyster.

I wonder what you wonder "modders" can think of next?

God help us all.

Disheartened, Mick. :(

the world is your oyster

exactly! now go and do something cool instead of being a crybaby. this is nowhere near a normal shooter jump and thus won't make arma a bunny hop fest or break PvP or something. it's just a mod.

while i agree that the jump is way too far at the moment i really don't get the negativity. arma is also a sandbox not only a realistic mil-sim. can't people have some fun? geez...

A pink fluffy button that forces people to downolad the addon and play on servers that allow it :)

God help us all.

Taking it kinda hard there Mick :(

Remember its only a mod that has been stretched into the ridiculous for a little bit of fun - the original Jump feature I don't find lends any advantage to actual firefights or Counter-strike quackery. But Im worried about you Mick, open the curtains, let the sun shine thru or get the band back together -all we be well with the world again :)

EDIT: That is unless NK nukes us all tommorow.

This video just goes to show why this god awful wonder jump should be binned and forgotten IMO,

How folk can scream "yay this is awesome, realistic, just like real life" to jump like 50 feet onto roof's jumping from balcony's running and jumping around, jeez the shame,

I actually thought Arma was a military world simulator, yes there were a lot of "Cod, BF wishlist items come up recently and most folk just ignored them, but now this has come to fruition nothing is stopping you, the world is your oyster.

God help us all.

Aww come on mate. You have been around long enough to know that the community can make some amazing and some not so amazing things. It is all a matter of perspective. It does come down to ... if you don't like it, don't use it.

Personally I want 'all the thing' and then some. Christ if I was talented I'd make things myself, instead of relying on 'coding gurusTM'.

I was just about to recommend that our community use this mod on our server but after seeing that video i'm really disappointed.

Please consider creating two versions of this? One for the cod fans and one for mil-sim groups?

I was in a situation were i had to cross a road but there was a fence i had to get over to do it quickly, your vaulting mod would have been so handy as you dont break the momentum.

I cant recommend this mod with a video like that. Keep it realistic, or at least create separate versions, one for people who want to mess around, and one for people who simply need to get over fences when sprinting.

I hope BS include a jump or vault in the final release, especially when sprinting

it's amazing how most of the nay sayers have zero in the way of content in ARMA, ARMA 2 or ARMA 3 and likely no freakin clue WTF is going on behind the curtains.

1. read the bloody title, it says 'UNLOCK' meaning that it was already in the freakin ALPHA.

2. if you had a clue you would know the jump was not made to be super powered. It is a playMove function or the like and it will play no matter where you are (i.e. running off a roof) the game is an ALPHA so calm the f**k down.

3. as it's been said if you dont like it dont use it, however I'd like to expand. If you can't do better, and you don't like it, don't you DARE attempt to shame the modders who work on the ARMA series. This exact mentality is why I stopped reading the mod request thread. IMHO you've become a lot of spoiled 16 year old girls. Provide constructive feed back or STFU.

Das, good find man and well done on implementation. Keep up the good work.

Its a great mod, or "unlock" don't get me wrong, I wanted to recommend that we use it in the first place. I'm running an older version that doesn't let you jump onto roof's etc and it has a real effect on your stamina, keep it this way, that's my 2c

Hey Das, Thanks for this again, I jump and vault over short obstacles in real life I was glad to see that they added a similar vault/ jump in to the game. As for functionality I believe this mod does well. I am suprised at these Ney-sayers, they must not have legs or know how to use them. Or maybe they are just bitching to hear them selves bitch(i do that sometimes).. I am expecially amused, at the fact that they all come across as though they haven't even downloaded the mod and used it them selves they are just going on the video..

Lets have a little Q and A(this is directed at everyone that says this mod is stupid or unrealistic)

1. have you downloaded and tried the mod yourself before you started crying?

2. can you not jump in real life? do you not have legs? are you handicapped(if so i apologize if i seem insensitive to your plight)

3. this is a mil-sandbox/simulator what is unrealistic about jumping... you do know that people can jump right? Even with weight, someone with strong legs can vault over short objects!!

and on a side note as someone that has actually downloaded the mod and used it before stating my opinions..............

I do not get the same type of floating jump when I use this mod .. its very fluid and well, NICE. Although I am always fully gear'd out when I use the vault, and I have never played around with dropping all my gear and vaulting around. From these experiences, I can only assume that FEINT had tweeked the mod a little, just for FUN..

Fruther more.. Is anyone familiar with Parkor?

A training discipline using movement that developed out of military obstacle course training..

People do this.. It is a part of real life.. People can JUMP... why not have it in a game that is suppose to simulate what we can do....

I thank you again for this mod!! It is VERY useful!!

[quote=froggyluv;2369721

/sings Always look on the bright side of life

honestly, the jump option is great as a movement while running possibly, but the step over movement should also remain for slow movement and normal movement. As I see it, I also had to take the Jump Power option at the top of the file and change it from a 4.5 to a 2.5 and it seems better now for a more believable hop over a small fence while running instead of being able to jump as high as a player in the game which would be impossible to do especially with all the gear that is loaded. Keep up the work on this as it has potential to be very usable while playing, just need to have some limits placed and key bindings changed based on speed or if a key/action is used. Looking at modifying this myself but wanted to share the findings to help it along. :)

-VRCRaptor

Taking it kinda hard there Mick :(

Remember its only a mod that has been stretched into the ridiculous for a little bit of fun - the original Jump feature I don't find lends any advantage to actual firefights or Counter-strike quackery. But Im worried about you Mick, open the curtains, let the sun shine thru or get the band back together -all we be well with the world again :)

Comment of the month. Hilarious. (opens blinds and shrinks back from the sunlight)

@Mick, I think a lot of people know where you're coming from. We all care about the Arma games and we all think of this community as something special. What other game has tons of people creating tons of content for free? Maybe lots of other games, but I don't play any of them. We all want to keep the game realistic, but the only way to get some realism into the game is to explore what the game can do. And sometimes, to heck with realism. I had a ton of fun with this mod where you can have fun with the new physics. No, it's not realistic. Or is it? But keep in mind, you can cater the game to how you want to play it. Das Attorney is a great modder and coder and we need to encourage him so he can help solve the next generation of limitations and give us all new cool stuff to play with.

Just wanted you to know that with the latest development build (that has full Beta content) your Mod does not work anymore...

There's so much to do in the Beta, so don't worry if you can or want not to fix this anytime soon! :D

Yay!

Arma needs a jump feature, let's have one that's most realistic, including a hit on fatigue and a trade of vertical vs forward movement. I'm supporting this mod.

I've not tried it yet, since the current jump in the video looks strange with the sustain where the jump should already end. Also the Matrix music is an ironic touch, hehe.

Arma needs a jump feature, let's have one that's most realistic, including a hit on fatigue and a trade of vertical vs forward movement. I'm supporting this mod.

I've not tried it yet, since the current jump in the video looks strange with the sustain where the jump should already end. Also the Matrix music is an ironic touch, hehe.

IIRC the video is a spoof... and how can you support something you have no experience with.. I have been using this mod since the day it was rolled out and have to say that the jumping in the video is a bit exaggerated in what i have experienced with this mod. Maybe you should download it, and try it yourself.. instead of focusing on the video... get some HANDS ON experience.. then post up what you dont like.....

Edited by Lordprimate

I don't understand this... Is jumping in the game, but hidden or is this an independent mod?

It's an anim that was made by Smookie, but I guess it was vetoed by management for whatever reason.

It's still in the game so this just unlocks it.

To be honest, I just released it a a quick little mod, but everyone has such different ideas of how jumping should be implemented, I couldn't release a version to satisy all requirements (plus I was discouraged when some random came in this thread moaning and talking about God). It was only supposed to be a little mod to unlock it so people can have a playaround (and I can get some mod practice for Arma 3), but I guess people expected more.

I might redo it as an 'all singing and dancing' jump mod, that's fully customizable for the user (so everyone gets what they want from it). However, I would need to have a think about how this could work in MP (so there's some master settings set by the server that override any client side settings). That said, I might move onto bigger and better things and let this sink into the mists of obscurity.

I think there's a 'realistic' jumping script available by someone, so you could check that out if you want some jumping in your missions without using a mod.

It's an anim that was made by Smookie, but I guess it was vetoed by management for whatever reason.

Did you find any anims regarding to urgently run to stop, such as butt slide, knee slide,

What in the worlds going on?! I just saw my AI use one of these quick jumps OVER a fence?!?! I saw an AI do one earlier far away but thought I must have imagined it -but this one I saw as clear as Santa! Did BI allow vaulting for it's AI recently?

What in the worlds going on?! I just saw my AI use one of these quick jumps OVER a fence?!?! I saw an AI do one earlier far away but thought I must have imagined it -but this one I saw as clear as Santa! Did BI allow vaulting for it's AI recently?

I take it that you're using my mod :)

I take it that you're using my mod :)

Dammit! Well done man! All of you guys really :)

will there by any chance be an update for this mod?

like with fixed 3rd person view compatibility?

and maybe an indicator for stamina, since you can only jump while you run can not allway know in advance if you will be able to hit sprint+jump etc...