shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

haya , thanks for the awesome MCC , but ive been having some issues lately , 1 of them is p3d error and arma3 crashes.. but the worst is im trying to place some object high about 60 feet abaove some other objects , and it wont go were in clicking , its spawning on opposite , and its killing me ( not realy , but stressful) ... are we limited to the amount of object on a map or ? im realy confused...

this is what I made so far for a dm.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ppmrzt.jpg

Please some one help meeeeeee!!!

Try to do this in zeus,just press Y then you enter the zeus.

just a question,could it be possible to make the AI helicopters sliding load vehicles from A to B?I mean just AI and no player participate in.Or we could already do it with current version of MCC?

Try to do this in zeus,just press Y then you enter the zeus.

same issue with zuse ...its like theres a limit to attaching in 3d world

hi there,

we just discovered MCC Sandbox 4 for us but there is something unclear.

The included PDF contains infos about functions we do not have

1 - Menue 2 to get the LHD

2 - Create Box Gen. Button but we dont have this one

beside the fact that the main menue looks different as pictured in the PDF

Thanks

hi there,

we just discovered MCC Sandbox 4 for us but there is something unclear.

The included PDF contains infos about functions we do not have

1 - Menue 2 to get the LHD

2 - Create Box Gen. Button but we dont have this one

beside the fact that the main menue looks different as pictured in the PDF

Thanks

That PDF is for the "old" Arma 2 MCC, although not much has changed.

1. There are no LHD in A3

2. Go to MCC Console, into 3D editor, select a type off ammo box you wanna place, click on Cargo button and edit stuff you wanna put in.

Well, I'm one of those who are a bit sad for the stuff added in the latest update.

Please understand that for me it's not a problem of whatever new feature you want to put in YOUR MOD. What bothers me is that some stuff like the Laser Designated bombs are still buggy despite what I read in the changelog. I first pointed the bug like 4 months ago, I recorded videos to show the problem... But still looks like nothing changed.

It's really cool that you guys want to add new features, it will surely create an incredible platform, but please, squash the bugs that are present ;)

Again I report: Laser designator bombs called from commander console just don't work.

- I disable all mods but MCC

- I create a new local multiplayer session

- I place a random guy and a ammo box in a empty mission

- Ingame, I pick up Laser designator and Designator batteries

- In MCC Console, I "Add" 10 rounds of HE Laser Guided bombs from Artillery Tab

- In commander console, I insert coords in the forward artillery menu, Virtual Cannon 1

- Wait

- As usual, bombs just spawn in mid air, they are inactive, and fall REAAAALLY slowly

Thanks about the PDF info and about the LHD but to be honest I have not the slightest idea what you are talking about at Point 2.

What MCC Console? what 3D Editor?

Never mind .... my bad :rolleyes:

But where for the love of pete will I find the MCC Console? ( I mean the one metioned to use for the AC 130)or is this something obsolete as well and if so how was it replaced or by what?

Edited by michaelny

Just updated my MCC to the latest version there all my previous issues are fixed but every time I press the 'P' key to get squad dialogue to pop up it just flashes and instantly closes any ideas guys on a possible solution or fix kind of game destroying if i cant get my squads working?

Hello, is there a feature to export objects to SQF spawning so I can add them to my mission's init.sqf rather than sqm? I ask this because I am using MCC to build fortifications in 3d instead of using 2d editor, however SQM doesnt support height adjustment or de-aligning objects to terrain, so when I load my resulting SQM all the objects are misaligned, any ideas? Thanks.

Hey Shay!

Is possible to remove the MCC and Squad PDA from the action menu since they have a button defined from the MCC options menu?

I still have this problem with MCC:

Hi! Is there any issue when deleting units with MCC? I was testing today how to do a helo evac, and when I tried to delete a helo, my server froze, and it wasn't active until I left it and joined again. I tested it several times and every single one happened the same thing.

It happened again yesterday. I (miss)placed my own waypoint (shift+left click) on MCC's screen, and when I tried to delete, the server froze completely, and we had to cancel the mission. I don't know if this is a consistent problem, or my group is doing something wrong with MCC (we have a template for our missions in which we include some MCC modules.

do we need to put some virtual entity or something of the sorts?

Hi!

The mcc is awesome to create missions on the fly.

I try to create alternative start point using fobs but I cannot make the parachue or HALO options works. When I make a respawn using this new start point the mcc only makes a teleport.

There's an option more to create the halo/parachute respawn than create an start point?

Somebody has the same problem?

Hey there Shay.

There is an option that you will add a way to disable the interaction key's.

Beacuse some for some guys the game crashes when they are trying to change the key to something else.

Tnx!

Looking for help, We use MCC in conjunction with mission scripting to minimize the amount of time someone has to be in the mcc console during gameplay.

I am looking for help in calling the right MCC function that gets executed when DPICM artillery is called as mission maker. I looked through the MCC files and

believe I am using the proper function however it isnt detonating anything, I only get incoming sound.

I have found:

[_pos, _shelltype, _shellspread, _nshell, _sound,_delay] spawn MCC_fnc_artyDPICM;

Which I believe I am passing parameters properly to, based on the code in fn_artyDPICM.sqf

I can hear the initial rounds coming in, but never see or hear them detonate into bomblets and there is no explosions/impacts...

this is the code I execute trying to run the MCC function:

{
[(getPosATL _x), "Sh_155mm_AMOS", 5, 3, true, 0] spawn MCC_fnc_artyDPICM;
} forEach (_aoCenter nearEntities [ deleteWhiteList, 1000]); // deleteWhiteList is an array of objects I want to get Arty dropped on

Any tips or help would be appreciated

Hi Shay_gman

Because of real life matters I cant spend much time on arma right now but I really do wonder if the issue with admin rights is solved.

thanks

I don't have much time to fix things but i'll try to answer.

This issue is occuring again since 3-4 months. This time, none of my clanmates is able to fire other rounds after the first strike. This forced us to stop using artilllery support :(

I made some test. After some times the cannon come back white, i order a second strike but nothing happens. No radio communication, no bombing, nothing. Only the Execute button flashing in Yellow.

By default the virtual cannon have some time out between fire missions but once the cannon turns white you should be good - if it isn't the case then it is a bug.

I'll check it out, it will be better if you'll put some real artillery piece with AI in it and use it with the MCC artillery console until it fixed.

just tried to call in a evac helo - but even if you select 150m and hover on the spawn point it crashes straight into the ground every time - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? also when I call in CAS or gun run sometimes the aircraft doesn't engage any enemy even if their in the line of sight?

It is just a move waypoint - i'll check it out.

Almost the exact same with my guys, just had to remove MCC4 from our modlist as it now interferes with AGM (interaction keys) and cant disable all the additional MCC features, please have this as a second/different mod. Or have the main Console (which I love using!) as a separate mod, maybe a separate mod called "MCC 4 Commander" or the like.

Edit: Cant set keys to nothing easily or even set them at all with game crashing on attempting to set hotkey.

I prefer fixing over removing - AGM and MCC should work together and I'm doing my best to keep it this way. I'll check the key bind crash issue and any help would be great (rpt) as I didn't have a crash while binding keys.

By default if the interaction key is disabled in the MCC mechanics settings module is shouldn't interfere with any other mod - if it isn't the case please give us info on what you did and will do our best to fix it.

haya , thanks for the awesome MCC , but ive been having some issues lately , 1 of them is p3d error and arma3 crashes.. but the worst is im trying to place some object high about 60 feet abaove some other objects , and it wont go were in clicking , its spawning on opposite , and its killing me ( not realy , but stressful) ... are we limited to the amount of object on a map or ? im realy confused...

p3d error isn't something of MCC as we don't add new 3d objects to the ArmA world the other thing you ask I believe it is the limitation of the engine - after looking at your picture I must say: What the hell are you building there.

just a question,could it be possible to make the AI helicopters sliding load vehicles from A to B?I mean just AI and no player participate in.Or we could already do it with current version of MCC?

Maybe in the future.

Well, I'm one of those who are a bit sad for the stuff added in the latest update.

Please understand that for me it's not a problem of whatever new feature you want to put in YOUR MOD. What bothers me is that some stuff like the Laser Designated bombs are still buggy despite what I read in the changelog. I first pointed the bug like 4 months ago, I recorded videos to show the problem... But still looks like nothing changed.

It's really cool that you guys want to add new features, it will surely create an incredible platform, but please, squash the bugs that are present ;)

Read my previous post regarding squashing bugs - it is boring as hell and without the thrive to achive new goals I don't think we'll find the power to squash bugs.

Regarding the laser guided in the Artillery console - I see what is wrong there and i'll get to it in the near future - for now use a real AI artillery piece it.

Just updated my MCC to the latest version there all my previous issues are fixed but every time I press the 'P' key to get squad dialogue to pop up it just flashes and instantly closes any ideas guys on a possible solution or fix kind of game destroying if i cant get my squads working?

Try updating to the newest version.

Hello, is there a feature to export objects to SQF spawning so I can add them to my mission's init.sqf rather than sqm? I ask this because I am using MCC to build fortifications in 3d instead of using 2d editor, however SQM doesnt support height adjustment or de-aligning objects to terrain, so when I load my resulting SQM all the objects are misaligned, any ideas? Thanks.

Yes you can do it from the DOC generator in the 3D editor.

Hey Shay!

Is possible to remove the MCC and Squad PDA from the action menu since they have a button defined from the MCC options menu?

It is but i'm afraid the runt that will come out of it :butbut:

I still have this problem with MCC:

It happened again yesterday. I (miss)placed my own waypoint (shift+left click) on MCC's screen, and when I tried to delete, the server froze completely, and we had to cancel the mission. I don't know if this is a consistent problem, or my group is doing something wrong with MCC (we have a template for our missions in which we include some MCC modules.

do we need to put some virtual entity or something of the sorts?

You are doing it right but it looks like your server isn't responding well for deleting remote objects. I'll try to see if is something on your side or global thing.

Hi!

The mcc is awesome to create missions on the fly.

I try to create alternative start point using fobs but I cannot make the parachue or HALO options works. When I make a respawn using this new start point the mcc only makes a teleport.

There's an option more to create the halo/parachute respawn than create an start point?

Somebody has the same problem?

The insertion feature should get some more love from us and change to an object oriented - but it should work for the HQ only as it is - not for FOB and it will be globally - meaning you can't have 2 HQ one with parachute insertion and the other with teleport insertion - it will have the last behavior to all the HQ from the same side.

Hey there Shay.

There is an option that you will add a way to disable the interaction key's.

Beacuse some for some guys the game crashes when they are trying to change the key to something else.

Tnx!

Is disabling the interaction from the MCC module settings isn't disabling the interaction key?

Looking for help, We use MCC in conjunction with mission scripting to minimize the amount of time someone has to be in the mcc console during gameplay.

I am looking for help in calling the right MCC function that gets executed when DPICM artillery is called as mission maker. I looked through the MCC files and

believe I am using the proper function however it isnt detonating anything, I only get incoming sound.

Open MCC go to debug --> functions. Filter by MCC and Artillery you'll usually find a description for each function and how to call it.

Hi Shay_gman

Because of real life matters I cant spend much time on arma right now but I really do wonder if the issue with admin rights is solved.

thanks

Yes it should be fixed with the last update.

Hi, I'm having an issue with r12 where the only weapon sounds I can hear from other players is bullet impacts, explosions and full auto fire. Cannot hear semiauto fire or any of the launchers across the board. It worked fine in r10 (or whatever I had before, I'm not sure) but started happening when I updated to r12 on 1/18. The group I play with uses a TON of mods, but I have narrowed the culprit down to MCC for sure. With it on, no sound. With it off, sound. If nobody can think of an immediate fix, would it be possible to get a download link to older versions so I could just go back to r10?

Edited by baron556

Shay or Spirit,

would it possible to add an option to MCC's EVAC modes? I mean something like "unload and back". Something similar to "fast rope" but with touching the ground, waiting for let's say 10 to 20 seconds and taking off with "return to base" order?

OR maybe it is already implemented but I do something wrong...?

@shay_gman

Quote Originally Posted by zakiechan View Post

Open MCC go to debug --> functions. Filter by MCC and Artillery you'll usually find a description for each function and how to call it.

Thats what lead me to think it was MCC_fnc_artyDPICM.

I am calling the function as follows:

{ 
[(getPosATL _x), "Sh_155mm_AMOS", 5, 3, true, 0] spawn MCC_fnc_artyDPICM; 
} forEach (_aoCenter nearEntities [ deleteWhiteList, 1000]); // deleteWhiteList is an array of objects I want to get Arty dropped on  

There are no scripts errors, I hear the sound of the round coming in. However it never detonates into bomblets and explodes on the ground... did I miss something ?

@shay_gman

p3d error isn't something of MCC as we don't add new 3d objects to the ArmA world the other thing you ask I believe it is the limitation of the engine - after looking at your picture I must say: What the hell are you building there.

im building some typ of dm or ctf ... all levels of the pyramid are playable .. maybe get to the top for points and hold it long as you can ...

im adding a elevator, (lol) I saw a scripts for it somwere... also jumping off side I might add a parachute séance its over 100 m... lol.. I don't know..

shay,

I have noticed in our missions when we have down the Settings (MCC) and Settings (Mechanics) modules down with everything set to disabled, the self interaction menu is still popping up when you press the corresponding keybind.

Is disabling the interaction from the MCC module settings isn't disabling the interaction key?

Think he meant that the local client crashes when trying to change keybindings for interaction. I does the same for my friend.

yeah, we have one or two guys with that problems in our small group aswell. Afaik we run identical modsets so it's a bit wierd it doesn't happen to everyone.

What happens is a straight up proper arma crash with "Arma 3 has stopped working" CTD, but we've been running with -nologs for a while so we got no rpt's to show for it :/

yeah, we have one or two guys with that problems in our small group aswell. Afaik we run identical modsets so it's a bit wierd it doesn't happen to everyone.

What happens is a straight up proper arma crash with "Arma 3 has stopped working" CTD, but we've been running with -nologs for a while so we got no rpt's to show for it :/

We only run, CBA, Dragonfyre and blastcore still game crashes for 2/3. Will tell them to delete -nologs.

Think he meant that the local client crashes when trying to change keybindings for interaction. I does the same for my friend.

ya, that's exactly what i meant...