shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

@Byrnze:

Have you been using Satchels or Explosive Charges to destroy the objects in the Destroy Object task menu. I have used the Explosive Charges, but these weren't enough to make the trigger complete. I used it against a Fuel Depot, the tank came down, but the condition wasn't met.

The next time I used the Explosive Satchels and they do the trick every time. We even used F-35's with LGB's on a destroy the tank mission today with a JTAC lasing the target and it took two bombing runs, but they were able to destroy it and make the task show completed.

@Shay and the team: GREAT MOD, love the new additions!

Are you going to add the back of the C130 for the HALO and Parachute options? Would like to see that for immersion. AWESOME MOD!

@Shay

Not sure it has already been asked but, is it possible to change a specific player unit rank (ie: colonel instead of sergeant) using MCC?

I need that to make a player lead a group of AI after he's joined them (and therefore went on their side).

And one more question (probably already asked but this post is soooo long :cool:) : would it be possible to have more level of Admin, like Super-Admin and co-admin ?

I'm running a 40 players server and we're having great fun with MCC mission mod installed on it, but during live events I can't do it all by myself so that would be nice to have helpers with limited MC controls.

I'm sure others would like that feature too :j:

PS: I still can't get to the South East part of Altis using 3D editor it seems out of map range (blocked by invisible wall)

A big THANKS for the awesome work !

if you need any help, testing anything, you'll have my server :yay:

Edited by yenene

@Byrnze:

Have you been using Satchels or Explosive Charges to destroy the objects in the Destroy Object task menu. I have used the Explosive Charges, but these weren't enough to make the trigger complete. I used it against a Fuel Depot, the tank came down, but the condition wasn't met.

The next time I used the Explosive Satchels and they do the trick every time. We even used F-35's with LGB's on a destroy the tank mission today with a JTAC lasing the target and it took two bombing runs, but they were able to destroy it and make the task show completed.

@Shay and the team: GREAT MOD, love the new additions!

Are you going to add the back of the C130 for the HALO and Parachute options? Would like to see that for immersion. AWESOME MOD!

In a word, yes.

I am using the explosive satchels. I have tried using 4 consecutive satchels and 4 at the same time. In either case the building collapses in a satisfying ball of smoke and fire, but the trigger to complete the task does not activate. :(

Thanks for the suggestion. All ideas are greatly appreciated. Hopefully there is a solution to my problem somewhere.

I'm working on assault objective where the players will be part of assault with friendly AI on an objective. But till then you can always add friendly units either with the 3D editor's preset "recruitable" or by spawning groups with BIS default behavior and let the player high command them using the MCC console.

Thanks I'll use it for the next release.

Outside the Mission Wizard no. As it conflict with the dungeon master idea of MCC. In the Mission Wizard I'll add an option to show/don't show markers so the mission maker will have the option if he want to see the markers or not.

You can add "Get in" "Load" "lead" excetra way points using MCC group manager or let the players control the friendly AI groups using the M-Tac (MCC handheld Console). Keep in mind that this AI groups should be spawned with BIS default behavior.

You can see more on that here:

Thanks for the good bug report:

1. Weather – I thought I corrected it… I'll look again.

2. Error on menu 3 – as MCC read the config files it looks like BIS config directing to a picture that isn't there I don't want to change at the moment and exclude that particular config as they might add a picture later. It can happened with broken configs it is not really an MCC bug.

3. Is it only in the destroy object missions? Do you play on dedicated server/LAN/Hosted/SP/MP? I didn't had this before I'll take a look again.

4. Yes see the above but only for the mission wizard.

5. Synching a trigger to object is a bit tricky to do on the fly as nearest object will return a lot of objects and not necessarily what the mission maker had in mind. You can work around it by giving the HVT a name in the 3D editor and in the trigger add in condition add "nameHostage in thisList";

6. Good idea I'll add that.

Has anyone actually got this to work? Like had an a.i. group load onto a bird you called in via mcc support? I can't seem to get it to work.

Hi Shay,

Loving the mission wizard, it has gotten my small group actually using MCC in the way it was designed (with a DM creating a mission in real time) instead of as a crutch in other missions. Great fun, but we are having a slight issue when we play two or three mission wizards in a row, there are a lot of dead bodies and general mess left lying around.

Therefore I am wondering, is it possible for you to put in a sort of garbage collector that runs x minutes after all the objectives are completed / when players are far enough away to clear up after?

I think this would help performance a bit and I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement either.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm taking care of your requests and bug reports new version will be out soon.

@Jsmuk you can delete everything with menu 4 delete option. On a sidenote i'm working on pressitant campaign using MCC so you'll have to wait.

Offtopic:

I got ArmA II CO cd key to give a way (humble bundle) so the first one to PM me gets them.

Edited by shay_gman

@Shay I've tried it and GetIn waypoint does sync automatically but after my group is in I cant move the vehicle because the vehicle marker is overlapped by my group marker meaning I can only select my group.

Also the waypoint does not sync with the Evac vehicle spawned using MCC.

Hi shay

could you help me . when i create a group with switchable player in the editor (in SP) if my leader die i can't have access to MCC console with the next player.

is it possible to keep this access to the console in all case not only with the man i start to play with ?

i hope this message is clear enough

thank you for your work - respect

How do you MOVE the virtual AC130 after it has been placed over a position? Say, maybe it is needed elsewhere on the map, later?

Also, can we get a way to delete units (again) from the Group menu? Say, maybe I spawned a group, and want to undo it? Hover, select, and then hit delete.

Edited by Incomitatum

[Note: Ofcourse I meant: MCC (not MMC) and I do know how to restart but this is about the created tasks (Wizard).]

I think the Mission Wizard is a great feature! I use it to quickly generate SP missions (from the editor). Works great!

However: when I restart such a mission after dying and reload the MCC stuff (Menu 1 > Load), the tasks are gone from the map.

Is this a bug or maybe on the todo list?

Another question: where are those missions saved? I've looked everywhere with all sorts of search methods but can't find any of the MCC missions (I know it's not really missions that are saved but actually MCC generated code but I'd still like to know).

Thanks.

Edited by peewee678

New version is out, new save to sqm option.

You can see it in the video (once it will finish uploading).

Change log r16:

Changed: Mission Wizard weather is set to default off.

Mission Saving and 3D editor:

- Added: 3D editor deleted objects will not load out after loading an MCC's saved mission.

- Added: 3D editor save to sqm file option. Will save everything you spawned in 3D editor as mission.sqm file (mission file) including init added with the 3d editor.

- Added: 3D editor save to composition option. Will only save 3D editor placements objects (not units) as BIS composition's format.

Mission & Template:

- Added: SF - Night Ops gear preset for the mission version and templates.

- Added: MCC Mod's templates for Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad.

- Fixed: Mod's template missions didn't have revive and markers.

Mission Wizard:

- Added: "show markers" option. You can choose if you want to see the objective markers or not.

- Added: "Precise Locations" option. Define if the task marker will be generated on the exact task location or will show the location roughly.

- Fixed: No objective complete after destroying building's objective.

- Fixed: Acquire intel - objects will not fall below the desk.

Group Generator:

- Added: Group Generator and MCC Console "Land" and "Land Get in" waypoints for helicopters.

- Fixed: Group Gen wapoints description - you got is Jester :).

IED:

- Added: No Explosion IED - for triggering ambushes without making a real IED.

- Fixed: Ambush and IED had some bugs on dedicated server while using the mod version.

CAS:

- Fixed: MCC's Console CAS did not match the CAS plane requested.

- Fixed: Addons planes keept on crashing down.

Engine:

- Fixed: Invisible walls in the 3D editor.

- Fixed: MCC Console keys stucks, yes again.

- Fixes: Time for JIP players was -1 than the server.

You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq4a2whtf4slwrh/manual-mmc.pdf

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

@Shay I've tried it and GetIn waypoint does sync automatically but after my group is in I cant move the vehicle because the vehicle marker is overlapped by my group marker meaning I can only select my group.

Also the waypoint does not sync with the Evac vehicle spawned using MCC.

Use the drag box to choose the vehicle and the cargo group. Press left mouse button and drag it over the icons.

I know about not synching with the Evac helicopter. I'll take a look on this later, but with the group gen you can make any helicopter as an evac helicopter.

Hi shay

could you help me . when i create a group with switchable player in the editor (in SP) if my leader die i can't have access to MCC console with the next player.

is it possible to keep this access to the console in all case not only with the man i start to play with ?

i hope this message is clear enough

thank you for your work - respect

I don't really know much about SP but i'll take a look later.

How do you MOVE the virtual AC130 after it has been placed over a position? Say, maybe it is needed elsewhere on the map, later?

Also, can we get a way to delete units (again) from the Group menu? Say, maybe I spawned a group, and want to undo it? Hover, select, and then hit delete.

Since AC-130 is still a virtual (until BIS will release some cargo plane) you can't really move it atm. You can delete groups from menu 4 - Unit managment or from the delete brush i'll see if I can add a delete button to Group Gen later.

[Note: Ofcourse I meant: MCC (not MMC) and I do know how to restart but this is about the created tasks (Wizard).]

I think the Mission Wizard is a great feature! I use it to quickly generate SP missions (from the editor). Works great!

However: when I restart such a mission after dying and reload the MCC stuff (Menu 1 > Load), the tasks are gone from the map.

Is this a bug or maybe on the todo list?

Another question: where are those missions saved? I've looked everywhere with all sorts of search methods but can't find any of the MCC missions (I know it's not really missions that are saved but actually MCC generated code but I'd still like to know).

Thanks.

At the current state MCC's MW generated missions are not saved. You'll probably will be able to save them later. As for where the mission are? they are nowhere, they are lines of code combined together by the parameters you choosed to generate a mission.

You're kidding me! Thanks man, great work!

As for where the mission are? they are nowhere, they are lines of code combined together by the parameters you choosed to generate a mission.

Sorry but I meant the profiles on the Main page (the Save / Load system you built in MCC). It's persistent so the data have to be saved somewhere. When I quit the game and restart and open up MCC I can load what I saved before so... there must be a location where those are saved...

Edited by peewee678

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** CBA dependancy removed.

Edited by Guest

Hello Guys,

I need some help with the headless client.

The Headless Client connect to our server, but if i use MCC Console ,the HC-fps are on 0 and the server fps is on 50, and i can't create a Zone on the Headless Client so i can't create units.

Does anybody know a solution ?

Thanks Foxhound but you should remove CBA from requirments. MCC doesn't required CBA anymore.

@Peewee the profile namespace is in your ArmA profile folder.

it is possible to add the feature that the mission maker get a auto kick out of the console if he disconnect?

@Shay -I am defeated, and know nothing more to say :yay: .. thanks for the update

Outstanding work shay_gman. I won't get to test this for a few days unfortunately. My only question is, "When you make an object composition what all is included?" If I were to place a couple of Hesco towers and a gate on a blank map I would assume that would be my composition, but What about a map that has a lot of objects already? How is it determined what goes into the composition? Does it use a radius or does it use every object that is placed?

Amazing update Shay!

- Added: 3D editor save to composition option. Will only save 3D editor placements objects (not units) as BIS composition's format.

That alone is priceless. Thank you so much for this outstanding tool!

How can I spawn AI controlled helicopters in the 3D editor without them starting in the air.

EDIT:

Use the drag box to choose the vehicle and the cargo group. Press left mouse button and drag it over the icons.

I know about not synching with the Evac helicopter. I'll take a look on this later, but with the group gen you can make any helicopter as an evac helicopter.

Alright this is all good but when the AI has arrived at the location I told it to in a vehicle I cant get them out. I use GetOut waypoint on top of the vehicle but the AI squad leader orders them to move to location before issuing GetOut, and since they're in a vehicle they cant move thus are stuck inside a vehicle.

Edited by Denco

Denco use "troops unload" waypoiny

Was just trying it out, dumb of me that I haven't tried it earlier :o