SFG

Invasion 1944 V3.0

I'll help where I can, especially after the new tools. I'll check in from time to time! And nice to see ya more active again Gunter!

Awesome ! I can help you out with anythng that is related to german terrain , voice over, buildings , writings , since im german ! Just PM me !

I would love to see , realistic terrains based on photography of that time . I would love to see high detailed weapon models and real life sounds .

Please create a full campaign for it !

I am so excited for this, thanks for your work guys!

Yep very nice news guys, always been a favorite of mine and cant wait it to see in A3, will be epic!:bounce3:

Greece 1941 would be nice for a change.

But since this would probably be too much work, I guess Italy 1943-45 would be an other good choice.

But hey, in the end, I will love & play whatever the I44 team comes up with :)

Keep it up!

Cheers,

Dimitri

Awesome! :D

I can't wait to do Operation Mercury

You sir are a legend :)

xxx

Kiss kiss.

I wanna see some Russians!! :yay:

..or at least the T-34-85..

It has a special place in my heart. ;)

Hello there

Glad to hear the move to A3 is enroute.

Saddened to hear its not a direct port, in as much as I miss my i44 and find it hard to play a2 now and need a fix.

Glad to hear it's going to take advantage of new features.

Is there any chance a direct port could be released before/while work is being done on the enhanced version? I am an addict btw.

Rdgs

LoK

Thanks everyone for your input, please do keep it coming! Also be sure to keep a watch on our official forums and ModDB page for more information, and screenshots of upcoming releases!

Is there any chance a direct port could be released before/while work is being done on the enhanced version? I am an addict btw.

Due to the sheer scale of the mod and the mix and match quality of the work in there, a direct port really isn't possible, a number of the older models would require so much reworking a direct port of all content would ultimately take too long to do and have everything function (such as animations) work on the new engine (new skeleton rigs don't work with our animations, warps some infantry models etc). It would also mean we wouldn't be able to implement any of the new features in the process, as well as transferring many bugs over that would still need to be fixed once in the new engine, so not only would we be missing new elements that are available in A3, but we'd still have all the probs from A2, A1 and in some cases Op Flashpoint!

By starting with the clean slate it really allows us all to focus attention on new content which won't spread our team as thin, giving us the time required to update models to a decent standard, create new models to replace old ones that are just too old to work in the new engine (due to lower poly count limits of old engines which no longer apply, models such as the British Para's really need a new model).

I can understand people going off the A2 engine with A3 out, but with the content available with things such as ACE and I44 I don't see the game dying out just yet, which is the reason we'll be ensuring 2.7 does get released before moving full force onto A3's development. As we are still waiting for information on how to setup a lot of the new content its gives us a good period of time to prepare the processes required for transferring our work across which ultimately will lead to a much more stable quality product for all to enjoy on both A2 and when its ready A3. Saying that it is still VERY early and we are not sure which content will be making the final cut just yet. However the first A3 release will be a lot more focused in what it includes, expanding with future releases which will explore more varied content such as uniforms, weapons, factions and locations over time.

Hello there

I hate it when logic and common sense prevail.

Thanks for the reply though, I'm sure many of us may have been wondering.

I'm really looking forwards to the teams efforts.

Rgds

LoK

(ps hurry up!)

If you guys end up going with an Italian setting to begin with, it would be really great to see some other nationalities represented besides the U.S. as well. Canadians, Poles, Greeks even Italian resistance fighters...all would be great additions :)

A come back to OFP Sicily would be very nice...on another hand, i'm dying to have a North African WW2 mod.

1941 Fallschirmjager! That'll be fun, no doubt. Of course, surely we gotta have some Greek resistance again on Crete. Farmer's shotgun, fending off Italian soldiers... I have no doubts this can only end well. So, is it Invasion 1941-44 now?

How will the attachments system go with I44 though? I can't see WWII weapons using much more than a scope, a bayonet, and a very poorly taped on flashlight. I think WWII era suppressors were all built in, but I'm no expert.

Lastly, I hope I44 will take use of the new diving and it'd be very interesting to see Underwater Demolition Combat Units and other such divers for sabotage. Mini-subs will be fun, if implemented.

Flashlights weren't taped on to weapons in WW2, so doing that would look quite CoDish. But yeah, scopes, bayonets and the occassional grenade launcher unit is all that I can think of that could be attached. Flash suppressors hardly existed IIRC, except for on a few weapons like the BAR.

Things like attachments will come in handy where appropriate, at least streamlining things so they are more in line with the game standards and require less scripting as our current bayonets do, or simplifying things like our rifle mounted grenade launchers, though function is still slightly different with those to say an underslug launcher. We won't be doing anything too fantasy based like flashlights unless we have good evidence to support the use of certain weapons (and modifications) in certain situations while still keeping things interesting with weapons such as the DeLisle. What these features will also help with are cutting down filesize though, as we won't need multiple models with the new proxy system the attachments use, which means less config work and classnames to keep track of which is a bonus to all :D

One attachment could be the deployable bipod for the BAR, Bren, MG34, etc. Not sure if A3 will have a bipod mechanic for their attachments, though, as they're just for show in the Alpha.

Given the Mediterranean focus of the new game it'd be pretty cool to see some focus on the Italian and Greek theaters which have always been under-represented in sims and games.

I'm just glad to see I44 jumping over, I loved it in Arma II and was really pleased with how much care and effort had gone into it.

Doing good things guys. Keep up the good work.

Especially you SFG ;)

Whoa, you're still alive.

I just thought that flashlights would be useful for night patrols. Maybe as an item in pistol slot?

One attachment could be the deployable bipod for the BAR, Bren, MG34, etc. Not sure if A3 will have a bipod mechanic for their attachments, though, as they're just for show in the Alpha.

In the BAR's case, would the flip up sights also work as attachable optics?

Also, would the rifle-mounted grenade launchers be mounted similarly to suppressors since it goes on the muzzle, or still built in since it's a grenade launcher?

Indeed, Mediterranean will be very cool. Maybe we could see Malta as an island in I44?

I wouldn't see a reason for it, as Malta was "only" bombed, but no land fights took place there