Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

for somehow I can't attach the suppressor in AFG :( What should i do :(:(

I just tried it here and it works. Are you use you're using the right suppressor (I.e. the one named Silencer M4)?

I've been trying to trouble-shoot this for a few days, but I haven't figured out what the issue is, so figured I'd ask here... The FHQ M4s aren't making any firing sounds anymore, much like a few weeks back when some of the configs got updated with a patch. I'm going to try and reinstall a fresh FHQ_M4 set of files again, but was wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this. I've tried this with just CBA and FHQ (thinking it might have been JSRS), and still the same problem.

Tried it right now with the latest dev build, and they do make firing sounds for me. Also having JSRS installed.

Just installed it and the accessories pack. What a lovely weapon this is, the recoil is beautiful, it gives a sense of power but isn´t all over the place.

10/10!

yes I can't attache silencer m4 in every color at AFG

I even download your accessory pack D:

I load your weapon from VAS

Can't attache silencer m4 in

AFG all color

VFG black

I can attche silencer that i save the gear in vas at two weeks ago. that silencer it's available to all M4 fhq series

well it seem that i can attche silencer if i enable the your addon only

I think it is matter of the fhq_accessory_bonus.pbo whit the other addons :( I'm sad

Edited by kgino1045

yes I can't attache silencer m4 in every color at AFG

I even download your accessory pack D:

Can't attache silencer m4 in

AFG all color

VFG black

I can attche silencer that i save the gear in vas at two weeks ago. that silencer it's available to all M4 fhq series

well it seem that i can attche silencer if i enable the your addon only

I think it is matter of the fhq_accessory_bonus.pbo whit the other addons :( I'm sad

Did you try with just the Colt Supply Crate?

Tried it right now with the latest dev build, and they do make firing sounds for me. Also having JSRS installed.

Okay, thanks. Obviously I've done something wrong on my end. I'll continue to trouble shoot.

Like Braaten suggested, go to the editor, place a unit, place a Colt Supply Crate, and see if it works from there. If that does work, then it's not a problem of the addon. I wouldn't know what could prevent the silencer from working, it's a simple config entry and unless you get a wrong one that isn't compatible with the M4, it should work.

Do you have any other mods loaded?

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Okay, thanks. Obviously I've done something wrong on my end. I'll continue to trouble shoot.

I would recommend reinstalling from scratch. I really wouldn't know what could cause the sound not to show up.

Nice mod, very fun to shoot :D

Ofcourse I'm using with other addons

I assume that is the problem

I generate them both editor and MCC.In editor, crates are good and work perfectly but still VAS and MCC can't do it :(

But strangely

M4's are in ADF weapons crates (except all AFG) which is

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154536-ADF-UNCUT-v0-1-RELEASE

his mod D:

BUT

I can do it in colt crates :) For now :)))

Edited by kgino1045

M4's are in ADF weapons crates (except all AFG) which is

ADF is using them, with my permission. AFAIK they do have different class names though, so you might be trying their silencer. No idea how VAS works, but in any case, the silencer works on all of them, so it's the fault of whoever deals out the wrong silencer :)

I would recommend reinstalling from scratch. I really wouldn't know what could cause the sound not to show up.

I don't know either. I reinstalled your addon (and not A3 in total) and the problem was solved. Weird, but it's good to go now.

I don't know either. I reinstalled your addon (and not A3 in total) and the problem was solved. Weird, but it's good to go now.

Good to hear. Definitely better than the issue persisting :)

Hello :) I used your pack in a mission and credited Alwarren and linked to this very thread, is there anything else i need to credit?

Hello :) I used your pack in a mission and credited Alwarren and linked to this very thread, is there anything else i need to credit?

No, you actually don't need to credit me at all if you want to use these in a mission. That's rather implicit since you will have to tell people to get the pack anyway if they want to play your mission :)

No, you actually don't need to credit me at all if you want to use these in a mission. That's rather implicit since you will have to tell people to get the pack anyway if they want to play your mission :)

Ok got it :) Just wanted to do the right thing so i credited anyways even though when they click on the link they will find out ;)

I just love this weapon to bits.

Ok got it :) Just wanted to do the right thing so i credited anyways even though when they click on the link they will find out ;)

Highly appreciated :)

I just love this weapon to bits.

Glad you like them :D

For some reason when I fire these it doesnt make any sound? Grenade launcher works fine just cant hear anything whilst firing bullets.

Tried with and without JSRS.

Any ideas?

Edit: I downloaded this mod off PWS so not sure if its the latest version or not.

Edit2: Yeah its because its an old version :/

Really nice weapons though!

First off, awesome mod...great job. :)

Couple of things...when I place the Colt Ammo Crate in the editor, I get some sort of script error about a sight? I have the Accessories mod installed (and they work in-game). I'll try to see what the error is next time I start it up.

EDIT: The error is "No entry 'config.bin/CFGWeapons.FHQ_optic_AIM_tan'"

EDIT2: Never mind, I reinstalled the Accessories addon and it works fine now. Not sure what was wrong before but it was user error apparently. :p

The sounds are pretty good, they sound a bit metallic though for some reason, like when firing there is sort of a metallic resonance. Other than that, it's looking great!

Edited by MavericK96
I'm stupid

Can't attache Accessory to mk18 mod after i used Unlocked Optics Stock Weapons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22761

Try to figuering out :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22746

THIS WAS THE PROBLEM :(

Edited by kgino1045

Some how your m4 fhq addon make MX rifle sounds to turn in to strange sound :(

Some how your m4 fhq addon make MX rifle sounds to turn in to strange sound :(

I strongly doubt that it is my addon that is causing it. It does't change anything in the standard configs.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

First off, awesome mod...great job. :)

Thanks XD

The sounds are pretty good, they sound a bit metallic though for some reason, like when firing there is sort of a metallic resonance. Other than that, it's looking great!

The sound was actually from a real M4, but the recording quality wasn't very good. Still looking for a replacement.

Strange... It's okey now.. have to figure this things again

I'll keep you in touch in case :)

If i turn Youtube video and start arma 3

mx rifle sounds go crazy (wheater addons on or off) seems like just a bug

Edited by kgino1045

No fire sounds on the silenced M4. Tried reinstalling both Accessories and M4, from fresh sources. Same problem. Running latest Dev build of Arma3, no other mods. Posting just so the modmaker has one more data point to think about. Will report back if/when I find the solution.

Thanks for this mod! One of my all time favorite weapons in any FPS.

Strange... It's okey now.. have to figure this things again

I'll keep you in touch in case :)

If i turn Youtube video and start arma 3

mx rifle sounds go crazy (wheater addons on or off) seems like just a bug

I noticed that weird things happen sometimes with Arma 3. For example, it makes VLC crash every time.

No fire sounds on the silenced M4. Tried reinstalling both Accessories and M4, from fresh sources. Same problem. Running latest Dev build of Arma3, no other mods. Posting just so the modmaker has one more data point to think about. Will report back if/when I find the solution.

Thanks for this mod! One of my all time favorite weapons in any FPS.

Might be that the silenced rifle sound name has changed, I'll check it.

Hey there,

I was editing the loadout on one of my soldiers when I realized, I have no clue what the class name is! I looked in the Arma 3 directory and in the mod folder but none of the names I found worked. Could you please reply with the class name? Thank you!

EDIT: I get the error "bin\config.bin/CFGWeapons.FHQ_m4_a3" I've also tried lower case "fhq" just in case that made a difference but the same message popped up. Also, I've tried using the default format for adding a rifle to your loadout (this addweapon "arifle_m4_F"; ) but it still can't find it.

Signed: xXarmaguyXx

Edited by xXarmaguyXx
Important information that needed to be known.

The class names are in the PDF file that comes in the download archive.

Hi all!

Just released a minor update to 1.8, check the front page. New features include compatibility with the latest Arma 3 version, new sounds by Windy Beach Audio, and compatibility with Robalo's Joint Rails. Note that you MUST have FHQ Accessories 1.3.

Enjoy!